Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

2 minutes ago, Cheaney40 said:

Until that coach loses then you'll turn them off again?

I'm not a Crean fan. But I'm a Hoosiers fan and I don't see how an IU fan can just not watch or support them because they disagree with the powers that be.

Because his brand of basketball is just not fun to watch unless they are hitting 3s and it's still frustrating with all the TO's and bad D

Until that coach loses then you'll turn them off again?

I'm not a Crean fan. But I'm a Hoosiers fan and I don't see how an IU fan can just not watch or support them because they disagree with the powers that be.

I have known loyal hoosier fans i never would have thought would give up and they are ready to. It is the unwatchable product on the court that nobody recognizes as basketball.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

18 minutes ago, Cheaney40 said:

Well, for anyone who shares this opinion, that's fine but in my opinion, you might rethink tuning back in if/when we're competing for titles.

As a fan, you suffer through the tough times to celebrate the good times. Even if you don't support the current AD or coach, you root for the Hoosiers ...

And if you're not able to, then keep the TV off when we're at the top again (with or without a new coach)

Peoples time is valuable is the administration does not care about winning it is more than acceptable for fans to use their time for other activities. When the administration cares about winning again they will have my support again. 

For me it's not about the desire to watch, though that has waned. It is about the fact that 5 minutes into the games I am so frustrated that continuing to watch is bad for my health and familial relationships. I'd love to be able to watch and cheer regardless of stupid plays and lack of defensive effort. That's just me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm with this. I'll watch and cheer my butt off regardless of who runs the team. I'm loyal. My loyalty will be rewarded with terrible defense, multiple turnovers and poor basketball IQ. My loyalty has been re-paid by missing the NCAA tournament in 2 of the last 4 years. This is not fair to me, to you, to all the other loyal fans out there. That's why a change needs to be made. Forget Tournament results and overall records right now, the quality of basketball being produced at Indiana University is sub-standard and virtually un-watchable. Do something for me, the guy spending a paycheck on tickets, hotels and merchandise. Make a change so I don't feel like a sucker.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, recker222000 said:

Same with me. I'm done with crean.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Same. Fred Glass has a chance to prove to all of us how much he really cares about IU being an elite program. If he keeps Crean that shows me that he lied about everything he said. I'm not being a bandwagon fan. I won't be leaving because we're bad. If Crean stays I'll be leaving because we're bad and the people in charge don't care that we're bad. If the guys making 6-7 figures to control IU basketball don't care, there's no reason for me to either. IU basketball will always be special to me, but the days of watching every game and spending any money on the program would be over. 

Not to long ago crean missed not and fred and crean denied invite to the smaller tourney cause we are indiana lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

That was the CBI. A new tournament for those not good enough to get into the NIT. You could get in there with a losing record. Basically our cupcakes pool for future schedules play in that tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Peoples time is valuable is the administration does not care about winning it is more than acceptable for fans to use their time for other activities. When the administration cares about winning again they will have my support again. 

This is the definition of a fair weather fan.

I'll support them when it's acceptable. But when I deem it unacceptable, I'll ignore them or as some here have stated, they'll find another team to watch (Butler for instance).

17 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

Not sure why there is so much optimism with Donovan.. The dude is making $6mil a year and coaching one of the best players in the game. Don't see him regressing back to college unless he's forced. It's a pipe dream to think he ends up at IU in my opinion.

I can only name one poster on this board optimistic about Donovan.  The scenario I laid out was hypothetical, and if I'm being honest me grasping at straws to find a way to get around having an AD that would intentionally kill his most visible program because he is invested in the coach and lied about his expectations.

Who knows, maybe Donovan doesn't think Westbrook will stay in OKC/doesn't have a good feeling of their direction or is tired of the guy taking 40 shots a game.

30 minutes ago, Cheaney40 said:

Well, for anyone who shares this opinion, that's fine but in my opinion, you might rethink tuning back in if/when we're competing for titles.

As a fan, you suffer through the tough times to celebrate the good times. Even if you don't support the current AD or coach, you root for the Hoosiers ...

And if you're not able to, then keep the TV off when we're at the top again (with or without a new coach)

If IU is competing for titles it means they finally started caring and got a good coach.  It's not happening with Crean.

4 minutes ago, Cheaney40 said:

This is the definition of a fair weather fan.

I'll support them when it's acceptable. But when I deem it unacceptable, I'll ignore them or as some here have stated, they'll find another team to watch (Butler for instance).

We only get so much free time so we're going to spend it on things that are enjoyable. IU didn't put an enjoyable product on the court this year, so a lot of fans weren't going to watch it. If they're going to turn the ball over 20 times, chuck up 3s and not play defense for two hours then I'm going to find something better to do. 

If IU is in position to win a a title, Tom Crean most likely won't be the coach - he's proven he isn't the guy to get us there. 
Simply sitting back and letting the admin hold our program back is not the attitude of a winning basketball program. When they aren't serving the program well, they need to know about it. Without the passion of our fans, we're just another college basketball team. For me, that's the worse thing that could happen and I hate to say it but it's already happening on the national scene (most don't consider us elite).
I respect your decision to keep cheering but maybe you should ask yourself if you have a breaking point? If not, then mediocrity seems to be ok with you.

Accepting mediocrity isn't the same as rooting for these guys to win.

If I were ok with mediocrity as you suggest, I'd be giving high fives for a "good effort" after a loss. That's ridiculous and doesn't describe me at all.

But not cheering for them seems as bad if not WORSE than accepting mediocrity. And I see a lot of people here cheering for the other team ... Including PURDUE!! (are you freaking kidding me?) ... Because that loss might get Crean fired.

We need to accept that nothing we do will result in his firing ... Unless you're a big time donor, sadly you don't have a voice.

He'll go eventually... Until then, don't cheer AGAINST IU, and don't accept mediocrity... Cheer for the W's. If your health can't take it as someone mentioned, that's one thing. But if you're just annoyed we're not winning, I'm serious, don't bother cheering when we are winning. That's annoying.