Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

f4aadf91e9babc49cb0bca8954c9fa83.jpg I would be shocked as well. The way we ended up with Crean (Bennett declined, Izzo gave Crean glowing recommendation, etc) it just goes to show we as fans have no clue what is percolating behind the scenes. Granted, Glass isn't Greenspan, but still feel like we'll be surprised with the hire. We could end up with a Mick Cronin, Scott Drew, or Richard Pitino. Not advocating these three at all, but history shows us that we rarely guess or hear what's really going on until the 59th minute of the 11th hour - if we hear at all. We need Crean to leave or be fired first to get this ball rolling. Need more coffee for this long day!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Good post,better cup.

So close to 900, really wish someone would leak a press conference time and date. I am super shocked that this admin has been able to keep so tight lipped! In today's day and age, this is an almost insurmountable task to accomplish. Come on there has to be a mole, it's impossible to not have a mole or there's a lot of money floating around keeping people's mouths shut!

3 minutes ago, VO5 said:

I'm sure it's been discussed in the fire Fred Glass thread, but what's everyone's opinion on Glass if he retains Crean?

He is part of the problem if he retains Crean and his job is then tied to Creans.

Relax folks Crean is gone. lets just say i know an old friend, that just happens to be on the board of  trustees, that knows a thing or two about basketball. He is gone!

I will believe it when I see it/hear it. Ask your trustee friend when the announcement will be made, post it, and we'll be impressed.

While we continue in this holding pattern / limbo / purgatory, after catching up on the 12 or so pages I missed, I suspect "the Janitor" might have flown too close to the sun and has been informed to cool his jets.  If this theory is correct, it may be a good thing..

[how's that for a cliche packed, run on sentence?]

54 minutes ago, jdailey1981 said:

Here is the thing that I want to know...why would Crean want to come back? He knows people want him gone, and at the end, was getting booed at home games. Next season would be even worse if he stays.

Arrogance and ego.

2 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

While we continue in this holding pattern / limbo / purgatory, after catching up on the 12 or so pages I missed, I suspect "the Janitor" might have flown too close to the sun and has been informed to cool his jets.  If this theory is correct, it may be a good thing..

[how's that for a cliche packed, run on sentence?]

Ive wondered if he had been found out as well.