Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

5 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

I am just trying to find any if at all positives if he comes back. Now Borzello is saying Zona and KU are favorites for Waters but he has to be released first. If we got him it would definitely give our team a glimmer of hope but even if he is back an extension doesnt happen. Glass tells him he has it through 2020 so that is enough. Makes him prove his worth next season. At this point though it just feels like Glass will keep him around for awhile if he is brought back this year. I can't wait for the boos in AH during the NIT. If an announcement is made before it is going to be bad for Glass. That was the main reason I instantly thought Glass would regret accepting NIT bid if he does bring Crean back. If UCLA can lose their fan base so can we. I just want to get back to at least making tourneys every year. The occasional hope of a FF every 2-3 years. A B1G title every 3-4 years. The B1G is wide open. Izzo has probably 5 years tops and that would give a new coach plenty of time to build us back up to when he left we could dominate the conference. I am sure they will get a huge name when he does but idk. Now I am just rambling and off topic. My wind is gone. It will take a lot to get back to the excitement level for me if Crean is back but I will force myself to find a way.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Honestly I can't think of any positives of Crean being back next year. No recruiting violations? I guess that's a positive. No positives relating to on court performance though. 

10 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

I am just trying to find any if at all positives if he comes back. Now Borzello is saying Zona and KU are favorites for Waters but he has to be released first. If we got him it would definitely give our team a glimmer of hope but even if he is back an extension doesnt happen. Glass tells him he has it through 2020 so that is enough. Makes him prove his worth next season. At this point though it just feels like Glass will keep him around for awhile if he is brought back this year. I can't wait for the boos in AH during the NIT. If an announcement is made before it is going to be bad for Glass. That was the main reason I instantly thought Glass would regret accepting NIT bid if he does bring Crean back. If UCLA can lose their fan base so can we. I just want to get back to at least making tourneys every year. The occasional hope of a FF every 2-3 years. A B1G title every 3-4 years. The B1G is wide open. Izzo has probably 5 years tops and that would give a new coach plenty of time to build us back up to when he left we could dominate the conference. I am sure they will get a huge name when he does but idk. Now I am just rambling and off topic. My wind is gone. It will take a lot to get back to the excitement level for me if Crean is back but I will force myself to find a way.

There was a time where we won the B1G  11 times in like 20 seasons.........at 26 years old I am too young to witnessed it

1 minute ago, pumpfake said:

Here's my totally pie-in-the-sky, orgasmic dream scenario: Crean goes to Illinois and Donovan to IU.  The Ill fans would be suicidal and we'd be delirious!

Illwhini fans would be suicidal if IU got Donovan, they wouldn't have to get Crean.

I'm sure Crean pushed for it and there was one reason behind it. Crean knew he couldn't build off of a good season and tried to swindle Glass into locking him up long term yet again. That tells me Glass wanted to see if last year was a fluke or a sign of things to come. He definitely got his answer and that's why us fans will get the answer we want in the next few days

Thank god. Fred did the right thing.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I asked janitor about chuck Martin recruiting this was his reply
Screenshot_20170311-205315.thumb.png.cc9499ebb2a9f3dd4b818d8564fedeca.png

Yep. Same things that a few have said over the last month. Whether they are at IU or elsewhere, recruiting is relationships. You have to have those. If Crean is just moving on however anyone wants to word it, this isn't going to be a performance based firing in the sense he won't get to coach the postseason. Glass will want the players playing in the NIT. Less drama that way.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Honestly I can't think of any positives of Crean being back next year. No recruiting violations? I guess that's a positive. No positives relating to on court performance though. 

I will honestly just focus on the players. I stopped even watching Creans pressers after the Nebraska loss. Had no interest in hearing what he had to say. I did listen to his final inside IU because I had heard of a special announcement. Ended up being all B1G 3rd teams for 2 McDonalds All Americans both with at least 2 years of experience. That is kind of the expectation but Crean made it a big ordeal? I like Crean and he isnt a bad coach but he just set the bar too low here. The Sweet Sixteen rings and the cutting of the nets and the hype around B1G 3rd teams is why we are here. It is part of the national perception that everyone gets a participation trophy and Crean did the same to a worse extent. It is college basketball not coaches pitch. He has never been tough enough to hold players accountable or even himself. He finds a way to make every situation a good one. That is what I am sick of. Not the coaching x and os or the misses in state. He may be a decent motivator from what people say but he is the coach you hang out with like a friend not your boss. These things can't be fixed. He finds the diamonds that work their butt off and then make Crean look good cause he is the coach. Victor was gonna Victor anywhere as well as OG.

Nah. Coming off another near firing, he'll run the B1G, win another title, and beat Kentucky on his way to another Sweet Sixteen lol.

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

Yep. Same things that a few have said over the last month. Whether they are at IU or elsewhere, recruiting is relationships. You have to have those. If Crean is just moving on however anyone wants to word it, this isn't going to be a performance based firing in the sense he won't get to coach the postseason. Glass will want the players playing in the NIT. Less drama that way.

Crean coaching the NIT also give Glass more time. Hypothetical, it makes a smaller gap of time not having a coach, especially if we are getting a NBA coach. 

So mizzou and Crean fall through.. Crean has more time with team through NIT to work with NC state which gives Glass more time with Donovan... going to choose to believe this until proven otherwise lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app

19 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Nah. Coming off another near firing, he'll run the B1G, win another title, and beat Kentucky on his way to another Sweet Sixteen lol.

I don't even think that would surprise me. You never know what you're going to get out of him and his teams. They can go out and bury 3s, win by 20, and look like a final four contender one day, and then turn around the next day and look like a bunch of guys picking up basketballs for the first time. He looked like he was making improvements as a coach last season but then this year he was back to being typical Crean. I'll never understand the guy.