Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Crean deserves a TON of credit for what he's done and I hope no fan hates Crean. He dug us out of the crap hole Sampson put us in and actually did make us relevant again. I, for one, will always have massive amounts of respect for Crean because of what he did. I know everyone wanted him to be the guy to win championships and be here forever but it just isn't unfolding like that.

The problem is he hasn't been able to sustain success and it's pretty clear we've seen the best of Crean and his best can't get past the Sweet 16. He's had damn good teams, he's had time but things are regressing - it's time for a change. Thank you, Tom Crean but that'll do. 

I also hope that if Crean ever ends up on an opponents bench in Assembly Hall that he's greeted with a standing ovation - he deserves it. 

He does deserve credit, but not a damn statue. The article states they weren't just saying it either they meant it. We as fans gave him 3 years to get it together which should be noted just as much. After those 3 he did okay here. Definitely could have been worse. Those B1G titles kept our program towards the top 10 jobs so I thank him for that. Even without them we are probably still top 15-20 though. I wish him well in the future and think he will make Mizzou fans very happy. His time here has come to an end though. I just pray we can part without it getting messy. That is why I am begging him to take the Mizzou job lol. I think he is gone regardless, so I would rather him fall on his feet than his face.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

$$$$$$$$ talks.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It is dependent on whether Glass signed the papers. If he did we have to go unless we make the tourney. I haven't seen whether we did or not though so I am guessing we find out in the next day or so depending on our success in the BTT.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Sunday night announcement doesn't seem right? Stories don't usually break like that on a Sunday night do they?

It's a big news night with it being Selection Sunday. Monday would be more likely for something like that I'd imagine though.

Crean deserves a TON of credit for what he's done and I hope no fan hates Crean. He dug us out of the crap hole Sampson put us in and actually did make us relevant again. I, for one, will always have massive amounts of respect for Crean because of what he did. I know everyone wanted him to be the guy to win championships and be here forever but it just isn't unfolding like that.

The problem is he hasn't been able to sustain success and it's pretty clear we've seen the best of Crean and his best can't get past the Sweet 16. He's had damn good teams, he's had time but things are regressing - it's time for a change. Thank you, Tom Crean but that'll do. 

I also hope that if Crean ever ends up on an opponents bench in Assembly Hall that he's greeted with a standing ovation - he deserves it. 

I was going to post something similar, but you said it better.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

I was going to post something similar, but you said it better.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Yeah he posted at the same time I posted mine, and I like his better too lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

A quick thought on the "Crean deserves credit" line of thought.  What Crean deserves is the nearly 30 million dollars that he has been paid under contract.  If the point is that people shouldn't hate Crean after he leaves, I would argue that no one should be hated for being a bad coach.  KS deserves to be derided not because he was a cheater at Indiana, but because he was a cheater in general.  If Crean comes back to Assembly Hall he should be applauded, but Crean didn't make some self sacrificial move to "save" Indiana basketball.  He took a higher paying job at a better company.  He deserves a fair look at his tenure at IU.  His work has been done with integrity, which I should appreciate, but its also something that we should all expect.