Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

9 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Technically his agent, not him, but I'm skeptical.

Right, that's what I meant.

I just think we all need to step back on these pieces of info coming out. I do believe that these insiders have connections, but what is the probability that these connections have access to the real information? I think it's slim. You might know a guy in the athletic department that thinks he knows stuff, but unless that person is behind closed doors with Glass and the real players, then they're just picking up bits and pieces. And if you are behind the closed doors, you're not spreading around that info. 

Just as likely that IU met with Billy's agent, is that the insiders connection had it wrong the agent meeting today was with Crean's agent, not Donovan's. 

Ive just never felt the logistics of getting a playoff bound NBA coach to IU could work. You cant wait til May IMO.

If Billy is a 100% guarantee to come I'll wait until Midnight Madness for him to come as long as he comes. Just wishful thinking.

Would be one hell of a midnight madness introduction though.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but for those of you who like Mike White, his head assistant is a former IU manager and grew up 20 min from Bloomington. I doubt that means anything in terms of IU hiring Mike White, but just a little fun fact.

I think I may be the only one pushing for him lol. That is good news for me though. He has a top 5 defense and we all keep saying how we want a defensive guy, but no one wants him. I get most think he stays at UF till Coach K retires and he doesn't have the tourney numbers YET. I just think he could be our guy. I do like Underwood too. He has really made Evans a lot more effective with the ball. Would like to see him have a few more of his guys first though.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Does Crean HAVE to move right in to another position? Nothing wrong with taking a year off. Sure he can afford it.

Technically he could owe the university a large sum if he were to try and pass up gainful employment.

Btw a lot of Thunder fans are wanting Billy D gone for some odd reason. They have been without Victor and Kanter for stretches. They have no one else besides RW to go get a bucket when needed. Before the Gibson and Douggy trade they had no bench. I am fine with them being upset though. He could pull a Crean on em ;)

2 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Btw a lot of Thunder fans are wanting Billy D gone for some odd reason. They have been without Victor and Kanter for stretches. They have no one else besides RW to go get a bucket when needed. Before the Gibson and Douggy trade they had no bench. I am fine with them being upset though. He could pull a Crean on em ;)

I would gladly trade Crean for Donovan.  They wouldn't have to ask me twice.

In a year when they're sick of Crean they can't ask to trade back though.

I can't imagine these insiders are getting 100% accurate information. If I were Glass and I wanted to know who my rat was, I would give each person around me (w/access to accurate info) calculated variations of a rumor. This would smoke my rat out on the other end. If the admin REALLY does want to know who the janitor is, they'd somehow get him a rumor that is very easy to tie back to him when it comes out on his end. It's not hard to figure out which bird is chirping, if you are smart about it. The Alford rumor springing up out of nowhere, gives me this vibe. Very odd that it's the janitor and only the janitor with this information. If I were him, I would change my name, delete my account, or go completely silent.

I can't imagine these insiders are getting 100% accurate information. If I were Glass and I wanted to know who my rat was, I would give each person around me (w/access to accurate info) calculated variations of a rumor. This would smoke my rat out on the other end. If the admin REALLY does want to know who the janitor is, they'd somehow get him a rumor that is very easy to tie back to him when it comes out on his end. It's not hard to figure out which bird is chirping, if you are smart about it. The Alford rumor springing up out of nowhere, gives me this vibe. Very odd that it's the janitor and only the janitor with this information. If I were him, I would change my name, delete my account, or go completely silent.

This is a technique used by any intel agency worth a crap.

I have been on this site everyday for the last month lol. I have seen our "insiders" claim all kinds of things but none of them had legs. Up until a few days ago NO ONE on here claimed Crean to Mizzou was seriously being considered. I brought it up weeks ago and only cause they seemed like a fit. Sorry but the Janitor is the only guy I actually take in consideration for info on here. Most don't claim to know anything other than what has been said already. We all thought he could be gone but he has been on edge for awhile. Sorry man not seeing your point.

My point is, listen to who is saying what over a period of time and you'll have a better feel. I doubt many "insiders" repeat exactly what they hear to everyone. You get a better understanding of "sources" the more you receive and the less you talk.

Crean has been "out" for awhile.

41 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

The janitor isn't the only one with it.  He's the only one sharing it

10 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

The janitor isn't the only one with it.  He's the only one sharing it

So why is he the only one that is believable that is willing to share this information?

Maybe it's just me and some shallow thinking but I am a nervous wreck over who we hire this time around.  I just feel like IUBB has been slowly slipping into an irreversible state.  My gut keeps saying if we don't make the right hire this time that any luster that IUBB has left may be gone for good.  I can't fathom IUBB not being top notch.  I refuse to let myself think we are there yet.  But if we don't get the right guy this time....I can't help but think it's now or never.