Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

I'm just going to throw this out here..... just thought of it. What if Mark Few would leave Gonzaga?

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Speaking of Mark Few this was an interesting little article about IU. Cowheard and DD talking and DD brought up Few and Gonzaga and how good he has it there.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2015/06/01/dan-dakich-colin-cowherd-indiana-basketball-iu-hoosiers-elite-program/28300513/

http://www.wdrb.com/story/34691428/bozich-whats-next-for-crean-and-indiana-the-basketball-world-wonders

Been shared by Alex Bozich, Justin Albers and a few others close to IU program. We will have a new coach. It is really picking up steam finally.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

http://www.wdrb.com/story/34691428/bozich-whats-next-for-crean-and-indiana-the-basketball-world-wonders

Been shared by Alex Bozich, Justin Albers and a few others close to IU program. We will have a new coach. It is really picking up steam finally.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

It's had steam for awhile if you've listened to the right people.

Hope Crean and Co look impressive this weekend. Give teams considering hiring him that final positive gut check look. And the guys need a break from an awful season. Wanna go out on a high note and hopefully avoid a mass exodus.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

What if he does not know what he wants. What if he says I want to wait until July to see what Westbrook is going to do before I say yes.

The Orlando magic once introduced him at a press conference then he backed out after.

That being said, I still believe. I think we played hardball today and he will come
Back.

Well- if "we" wait until July it will also save $3mil on Crean's buyout so it's actually a fiscally responsible move!

Well- if "we" wait until July it will also save $3mil on Crean's buyout so it's actually a fiscally responsible move!

Yeah if we wait, we could miss out on all the other coaches and there's no guarantee that billy comes here. Also Crean would of found another job by then IF he moves on

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, Maynard said:

1. Bob Knight did not run the same system his entire career, it evolved with players and rule changes.

2.  Many of the top college coaches use techniques that Knight made popular to this day.

3.  A guy running Bob Knight's system has set a few coaching records in the ACC over the past several years.

I understand not liking Knight's personal, but it's important to have perspective on just how much he meant to the game of basketball.  From a strategic standpoint he may be the most important College coach of the last 75 years.  And yes, his ideas and concepts are still relevant today.

Damn straight man!  He is a LEGEND and that is a fact!