Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

49 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Alford would do well at IU. I really believe that. He's has evolved. He understands IU more than any coach in College Basketball. He bridges the gap to RMK. Would repair relationships with IN HS coaches. And he'd most likely being Wilkes with him. While certainly not a home run, he checks more boxes than Clappy. I'll take anyone to get Crean out of this state.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Did WIlkes sign with UCLA?  How is he coming?  I've seen this posted before, but don't follow recruiting and the rules that closely.

Just imagine for a second..

Imagine Glass extending Crean at the end of our season. Just imagine. I know we're all sold on him leaving as am I.. but just imagine this board...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If that happens the mods need to let us just air out our feelings for 1 day. Cursing and alll

https://www.seccountry.com/lsu/5-potential-lsu-basketball-coaching-candidates?utm_campaign=SF_Carvell_AJC&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

Names Collins & Drew as home run and Crean as triple. Who knows if LSU and Crean are a match but if they want Drew or Collins they probably expect to spend more than Goodman is saying.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Just imagine for a second..

Imagine Glass extending Crean at the end of our season. Just imagine. I know we're all sold on him leaving as am I.. but just imagine this board...

Just for a second, imagine your dog dying. Why on EARTH would you want to put such a terrible thought in a bunch of message boarders' heads?

Troll level: 500

41 minutes ago, RobPoff said:

Agreed. Glass isn't arrogant enough to say, "you want to coach the rest of your season? No, commit now or the door is closed and we keep our search open."

And therein lies the rub.  Potentially two months (or more) from the end of your NCAA season until an NBA playoff bound coach's season is over.  Do you wait on a guy for that long without a signed contract or not?  That would be a huge gamble, IMHO.  What if said coach ends up advancing to the finals - he may then no longer be interested and you're left with your schmeckle in your hand.  I don't know that you could expect that coach to sign a binding agreement prior to the end of his season, either.  Add the fact that BD did reneg on the Orlando team and you really have a dilemma.

I don't remember with Pitino or Cal, but what was the timing when they jumped from the NBA to UK/UL?

Exactly. If BS was our #1 and said no and BD was our #2 and won't commit then what does that say about how the IU job is viewed?  

It says they would rather be in the NBA than college. They are very well paid, and they get an actual off-season! No recruiting headaches.

Alford would do well at IU. I really believe that. He's has evolved. He understands IU more than any coach in College Basketball. He bridges the gap to RMK. Would repair relationships with IN HS coaches. And he'd most likely being Wilkes with him. While certainly not a home run, he checks more boxes than Clappy. I'll take anyone to get Crean out of this state.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Why does everyone think we need to bridge the gap with RMK. That's all on him at this point. If he wants to remain bitter than let him. If he shows up at Assembly Hall I would love to be there but him showing up is not going to bring in any extra recruits or being anymore prestige to IU that it doesn't already have.

It says they would rather be in the NBA than college. They are very well paid, and they get an actual off-season! No recruiting headaches.

And BS could literally make any basketball coach besides Steve Kerr and Eric Spoelstra lose their job if he wanted to go there. BD could go to any college and do the same sides at Duke and UK. He could coach at probably 3/4ths the franchises in the NBA. Those guys decide where they go not the other way around. Doesnt tell me anything about IU. Duke would probably be the only school either would legit want to coach. Billy D said no to UK too. Not a big deal of how our program is viewed by missing those two. Maybe if Bennett says no it changes a little.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

And therein lies the rub.  Potentially two months (or more) from the end of your NCAA season until an NBA playoff bound coach's season is over.  Do you wait on a guy for that long without a signed contract or not?  That would be a huge gamble, IMHO.  What if said coach ends up advancing to the finals - he may then no longer be interested and you're left with your schmeckle in your hand.  I don't know that you could expect that coach to sign a binding agreement prior to the end of his season, either.  Add the fact that BD did reneg on the Orlando team and you really have a dilemma.

I don't remember with Pitino or Cal, but what was the timing when they jumped from the NBA to UK/UL?

Calipari was at Memphis before UK. He was fired by the Nets 20 games into his last season, making him available when Memphis was hiring. 

Pitino did go straight from the NBA to UK. I couldn't find any details on that one.