Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

2 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

I wont ever not be an IU fan, but if Crean was brought back for some reason I wouldnt watch an IUBB game until he was gone.

Its a good thing we are a football school though so Ill still have something IU related to watch.

This. 1000 times this. I will never stop being an IU fan. It is engrained into my soul. My first memories as a human are at Assembly Hall for god sakes. And also pissing my dad off for repeatedly asking him to go to the bathroom. When IU fired Knight I was in high school and it was like a family member died. I was inconsolable. All of my family pets were named after former IU bball players (it is worth noting that my tabby cat named Calbert was mentally challenged and shortly died while still a Kitten). But i digress. No matter what i will still rock the Cream and Crimson. However, if the administration can't see that basketball is the flagship sport, of the flagship school in the state, and not want to be as successful as possible then i'm at a loss. 

I haven't been around here long enough to know all of the history on "The Janitor" or other members ... I'm trusting those who trust them .... and I firmly believe Crean is gone the day after their final loss .... 

However, if they happen to be wrong, and Crean is the coach next season .... instead of switching allegiances .... watch IUBB quietly if you want, but whaddya say we all buy season tickets to IUWBB and rock that place every home game?

5 minutes ago, Chris Nieman said:

This. 1000 times this. I will never stop being an IU fan. It is engrained into my soul. My first memories as a human are at Assembly Hall for god sakes. And also pissing my dad off for repeatedly asking him to go to the bathroom. When IU fired Knight I was in high school and it was like a family member died. I was inconsolable. All of my family pets were named after former IU bball players (it is worth noting that my tabby cat named Calbert was mentally challenged and shortly died while still a Kitten). But i digress. No matter what i will still rock the Cream and Crimson. However, if the administration can't see that basketball is the flagship sport, of the flagship school in the state, and not want to be as successful as possible then i'm at a loss. 

You should have re-named that tabby cat "Bud Mackey", "Armon Bassett", or "Todd Leary."

Just now, Stuhoo said:

You should have re-named that cat "Bud Mackey", "Armon Bassett", or "Todd Leary."

Haha! At the time I feel like maybe Malcom Sims would've been a good name change. Or maybe Lawrence Funderburke.

1 minute ago, Chris Nieman said:

Haha! At the time I feel like maybe Malcom Sims would've been a good name change. Or maybe Lawrence Funderburke.

I have a dog named Cody.

He is an extremely well-adjusted, good fellow. 

I can't believe Crean would even want to come back next year. Chances are next year's team will be worse. Then he really hurts his chances landing a decent job. It's best for both parties to split now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

Crean is a very arrogant guy. He probably thinks next years team can win the big ten. Plus he is getting rich coaching iu.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Mark Few?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I had that thought last night, although I don't know anything about his contract situation atm. Most people wouldn't leave the kind of success he's had out there, but I'd also be tired of the benefit of such a fluff conference.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Any decent search firm or internal search committee is not going to strictly focus on one candidate. I am okay with Alford being used as a smokescreen or at least as leverage in negotiating pay with other candidates, such as Sean Miller or Donovan who will command a considerable salary. I highly doubt with Crean not even being gone yet that IU is down to negotiating or even talking with only one candidate. Every couple days is going to bring a new name or twist, so I'm just trying to remain level headed during this process and not go too crazy. 

Anybody that thinks Alford would recruit even close to the level that he has at UCLA are in for a rude awakening. UCLA recruits itself, regardless of who the coach is. Yeah, Alford might get a couple more Indiana guys, but in today's world "locking down the state" will never happen. Isn't the whole reason we want to get rid of Crean because he's a mediocre X's and O's guy? Alford is on Crean's level or worse in that regard. Just last year he was 15-17, and what do you know, he gets top talent and starts succeeding. What happens if he doesn't have a team full of 5 stars? I'd have to look up the stats, but as others have mentioned he never has top defenses. I think this is another case of being okay with someone because they went to IU. Just because someone went here, doesn't mean they will be a good fit/hire. I think people who want Alford are really misguided. Jmo

I view your post as coinciding with my point of view. But, we all have views, and their post is as valued as anyones. Just sayin.

Just now, biteoftheapple said:

I view your post as coinciding with my point of view. But, we all have views, and their post is as valued as anyones. Just sayin.

I understand that, wasn't my intention to be condescending. That's why I put jmo at the end. My apologies