Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

I disagree with this to an extent. Yes, you can support the players, team, and program without supporting the coach. However, if that program continues to hire questionable coaches that relationship, even by blood, can be fractured.

I stepped away when Samscum was hired. That went against everything IUBB I was raised on. Like a family member, if they committed a crime I would not fully support them just because we were blood relatives.

Yeah I think this is fair. I won't step away for ever but it would make me back away. Support family but there's something to be said for tough love. Continue to make bad hires and tough love will be shown. In this case, tough love is all about the dollars and fewer people in the seats. And before anyone says anything, I know butts in seats doesn't make much difference in the big money scheme at least in the short term.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'd actually love alford. Lock down in-state recruiting.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Can someone please explain how Steve Alford would lock down in-state recruiting? I'm flabbergasted by this statement every time I see it. High school kids don't know him or what he did as a player. They will see he's coached for 25+ years and see he's only been to 3 Sweet 16's. Great players don't always make great coaches and recruiters.

Can someone who supports the "Alford would lock down Indiana" help me understand where you're coming from?

1 minute ago, RobPoff said:

Can someone please explain how Steve Alford would lock down in-state recruiting? I'm flabbergasted by this statement every time I see it. High school kids don't know him or what he did as a player. They will see he's coached for 25+ years and see he's only been to 3 Sweet 16's. Great players don't always make great coaches and recruiters.

Can someone who supports the "Alford would lock down Indiana" help me understand where you're coming from?

Exactly.  Alford isn't a good X's and O's coach either.  This would not be the hire to take us up to the next step at all.

As for all this news, it appears that Alford is making a push for the IU job.

3 minutes ago, RobPoff said:

I'd imagine it would stem from his recruiting success at UCLA. He landed Kris Wilkes this year. As someone mentioned above, Ed Schilling would probably stay on the staff and be greatly beneficial for AAU relations in the state. That's what I'm guessing other people are thinking. I am not in favor of Alford. Donovan, Bennett, both Millers are in front of him in my list.

I wont ever not be an IU fan, but if Crean was brought back for some reason I wouldnt watch an IUBB game until he was gone.

Its a good thing we are a football school though so Ill still have something IU related to watch.

I can't believe Crean would even want to come back next year. Chances are next year's team will be worse. Then he really hurts his chances landing a decent job. It's best for both parties to split now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app