Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Yeah whatever. I just think its funny people put so much trust in a guy none of us have ever met. It's an internet message board rumor for crying out loud. Did he call the Sampson and crean hires? I doubt it.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Well unfortunately twitter much like this board wasn't around when Sampson and Crean were hired. If it were, Sampson probably doesn't get fired at the time. The reason people put trust in the guy is due to the things he actually did call. You don't have to believe him, but why keep trolling everyone that does? They have been here longer than a couple of months to actually know what he has brought so far. Plus, the most vocal "insiders" have been at 247.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Some of us know who it is. He broke so many stories ahead of time. Things relating to drugs, practice times, practice lengths, injuries, recruiting news, injuries, NBA players visiting Crean and practices.

Just because he is "inside" doesn't mean he knows everything. He doesn't, but he knows more than most (message boarders).

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

3000 followers on Twitter is legit as well

(The Janitor)

On 1/4/2014 at 4:07 PM, jdailey1981 said:

I am seeing this a lot on Twitter. I am just really blown away by this. We have a rough season and so many are turning their backs on him, even though he has led IU out of the dark times. What do you think? Are you on the "Fire Tom Crean" train?

It only makes sense that you were the one that started this thread over 3 years ago dailey. Things have changed, good times are ahead my friend. Come back and join the fun with your fellow Hoosier fans! #comebackdailey

Take it FWIW but I was talking today to someone who has a friend on the Butler team. This player said he was "convinced" Holtmann would be our next coach. He said his reasoning for this is because Holtmann seems to only be there until he finds a better job. Now do I think this is inside information to who our next coach could be? No not even close because I doubt a player on another team has any idea... But I do find it interesting that players at Butler don't feel Holtmann is there for the long run.

Also it's somewhat comforting to know that most people's 7th or 8th choice would most likely say yes if it came down to that. I also think the man is a pretty good coach and much better than who we have currently. Just don't think we'll get past our 3rd or 4th choice... 

3 minutes ago, BTOWN said:

Take it FWIW but I was talking today to someone who has a friend on the Butler team. This player said he was "convinced" Holtmann would be our next coach. He said his reasoning for this is because Holtmann seems to only be there until he finds a better job. Now do I think this is inside information to who our next coach could be? No not even close because I doubt a player on another team has any idea... But I do find it interesting that players at Butler don't feel Holtmann is there for the long run.

Also it's somewhat comforting to know that most people's 7th or 8th choice would most likely say yes if it came down to that. I also think the man is a pretty good coach and much better than who we have currently. Just don't think we'll get past our 3rd or 4th choice... 

It wouldn't shock me that he would come here. I think, like you said, the question is more of do we even get to him on our list? Or is he even on our list? Personally I'd prefer it if he's not our next HC, but like you said I'd still consider it an upgrade to Crean.

7 minutes ago, BTOWN said:

I also know a player on Butler's team and have not heard this. I will say it would seem odd if he is only there for the short term sense he seems to be recruiting at a high level. I mean he has the best class in school history coming in. He also went to visit one of those commits in Vermont last week. It also wouldn't surprise me if Butler gave him a pay raise if he was considering a move. I'm sure they have more revenue since they are in the Big East and they are paying him 1.5 million I believe. That is only .5 million more than what they paid Brad Stevens when they were in the Horizon League. Not saying I am right but that just doesn't add up to me. So since I have said this he will probably be gone next week ;)

8 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Went back and read the first few pages of this thread.  My goodness things have take a complete 180.  Except for the problems people pointed out, those are the exact same.

I literally did the same thing. Man oh man don't see a lot of those posters anymore

23 minutes ago, HoosierRob said:

ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1488838951.099098.jpg

The Virginia guy on there is really getting butt hurt on the possibility of Bennett to IU. Says Bennett is going nowhere.

He is not a Virginia guy.  He is a radio personality in Louisville, which means he understands as well as anyone what Bennett has built at UVa, clearly moreso than McCrite does.  Bennett would be a home run hire and a great fit at IU, but I would be shocked to see him leave Virginia for anything other than the NBA (and that only after his kids are grown).

He is not a Virginia guy.  He is a radio personality in Louisville, which means he understands as well as anyone what Bennett has built at UVa, clearly moreso than McCrite does.  Bennett would be a home run hire and a great fit at IU, but I would be shocked to see him leave Virginia for anything other than the NBA (and that only after his kids are grown).

The radio personality with a pic of Calipari on his twitter page?