Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Pretty sure the people behind Crimson Quarry are known Crean fans. I wouldn't read much into that 

Pretty sure the people behind Crimson Quarry are known Crean fans. I wouldn't read much into that 

Yeah they literally defend him through everything. I have them on twitter and they are getting on my last nerve honestly. I have never seen a bad word about Crean by them. DO NOT READ INTO ANYTHING THEY WRITE!!

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

30 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Sounds like the Crimson Quarry Crean fanboys are riding with Crean till the bitter end. Their content has been laughable this season, especially since Big 10 play started. There's nothing unprecedented about firing a guy who has finished in the top 4 in his conference 2/9 years, and who has finished in the bottom half of the conference more often than he has the top half. He's heading into his 3rd rebuild in less than a decade. I would argue that it would be more unprecedented for a blue blood program to keep a coach that has been as mediocre as Crean has been.  

He made a tweet saying no coach has been fired the year after a title in power 5 and I said yeah and not many guys follow it up with 2nd to last in that conference the following year. Also noted he hasnt finished better than 5th any other year and has been blown out every Sweet 16 he has been apart of here. His response was I would take the titles anyday and I said than it sounds like your okay with inconsistency. Argument will be over when I ask him if were a blue blood like he says what other blue blood would keep the coach specially without a top 10 recruiting class coming in. There is no hope.

34 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Untitled.jpg.1563cf117414f68ea5399f863b7118a6.jpg

Loved this from the Comments section of that article

Just now, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

He made a tweet saying no coach has been fired the year after a title in power 5 and I said yeah and not many guys follow it up with 2nd to last in that conference the following year. Also noted he hasnt finished better than 5th any other year and has been blown out every Sweet 16 he has been apart of here. His response was I would take the titles anyday and I said than it sounds like your okay with inconsistency. Argument will be over when I ask him if were a blue blood like he says what other blue blood would keep the coach specially without a top 10 recruiting class coming in. There is no hope.

There hasn't been a power 5 coach fired a year after winning their conference because they don't turn around and lay eggs the next year like Crean has. Twice. We're 13-22 in the conference the two years after Big 10 championships. Idk how they can look past the inconsistencies and act like they don't matter. I don't want a coach that makes us relevant only 1 out of every 3-4 years. 

Ben Howland was fired the year he won, so I think the year after stat that guy used is useless.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Yogi'sBicep said:

I leave for two days and y'all add 26 pages. Someone update me on Donovan rumors, and I guess coaching rumors too. A quick snyopsis please. What we know boys, what we know?!

From what I can tell, nothing new brought up the last 2 days.

1 minute ago, Yogi'sBicep said:

I leave for two days and y'all add 26 pages. Someone update me on Donovan rumors, and I guess coaching rumors too. A quick snyopsis please. What we know boys, what we know?!

Nothing new besides a bunch of good troll posts. Oh, I guess Billy put his Florida home on the market. That may be news.. 

There hasn't been a power 5 coach fired a year after winning their conference because they don't turn around and lay eggs the next year like Crean has. Twice. We're 13-22 in the conference the two years after Big 10 championships. Idk how they can look past the inconsistencies and act like they don't matter. I don't want a coach that makes us relevant only 1 out of every 3-4 years. 

Boom!! And injuries I just shut him up with this, Duke has been without Amille, Allen and Giles at times, UNC without Pinson and now Kenny Williams, U of L without Snider, MSU without Schilling, Carter and now Harris, Nova has played without Booth and Reynolds and another kid, Creighton without Watson, Zona without Trier, Oregon without Brooks and I think I added a team or two more lol. Point is injuries happen to a lot of teams not just IU. Using that excuse is pathetic honestly. MSU loses 3 upper classmen and has played a lot of young kids yet they are the hottest team outside of Minny in the B1G. It is coaches jobs to build teams around injuries. Every year Crean loses someone and you have to wonder if that isnt on our staff to begin with. He knows JBJ injury history along with Juwan and RoJo and he continues to use the last few spots on projects knowing we need every body we can get at some point. Michigan lost Walton and Lavert last year and wasn't even this bad. How is that excuse even valid to people that know anything about sports. If injuries gave coaches passes than there would hardly ever be more than 5-10 coaches fired a year if that.

14 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I've come to terms with the fact that the next week+ is going to be completely dead silent. Anyone with sources is probably wrong. We might get that totally anonymous new account that gives the scoop a couple hours before a presser but that's it. Just let it ride out.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Presser next Thursday/Friday. Fred is going to announce Crean has resigned and we're not going to accept an NIT invitation. Then he'll go on about the process of finding a new coach will start asap.