Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Can you guys imagine Crean at NC State??? Murderers row. That'd be a tough gig.

Potential B1G/ACC challenge matchups. Wouldn't that be great.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

We probably get matched up with them soon just based on the storylines. Both teams will be mid pack next year it would be weird seeing him that quick. It would be there though which I am sure their fans would give us hell.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Can you guys imagine Crean at NC State??? Murderers row. That'd be a tough gig.

Potential B1G/ACC challenge matchups. Wouldn't that be great.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

We probably get matched up with them soon just based on the storylines. Both teams will be mid pack next year it would be weird seeing him that quick. It would be there though which I am sure their fans would give us hell.

If he is he is extremely bored. Having a full fledged convo with him right now. I truly believe him but like he said things change everyday. At this point my take on it is unless Crean makes a mild run is it is legit.

I'm more curious with his Donovan rumor .

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm more curious with his Donovan rumor .

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Me too. Not much on that front. Convo kinda died dont really wanna keep asking him question after question. I will be watching Billy D pressers the next few days to see if it is brought up at all.

I almost guarantee, that Crean won't be going to NC State. Debbie Yow isn't going to hire Mark Gottfrieds twin brother of coaching. Crean might get let go (still debatable.) But hes not going to NC State. Donovan isn't coming here. We should thank our lucky stars if anyone but Crean is on our sideline next season.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Whoooa the negativity is felt through your post man. I wouldnt say neither or either wont happen yet. Even Goodman has said NC State would pursue Crean so that rumor has legs. Its the Billy D one that is questionable to me. Imma take tonight as a positive and at least keep my hope alive. If you have lost hope already then the next week or so is gonna be a rough one for ya.

I almost guarantee, that Crean won't be going to NC State. Debbie Yow isn't going to hire Mark Gottfrieds twin brother of coaching. Crean might get let go (still debatable.) But hes not going to NC State. Donovan isn't coming here. We should thank our lucky stars if anyone but Crean is on our sideline next season.

Isn't she retiring after next year? I doubt she'll be the sole person choosing then. (If that's true)

Why isn't he going to NC State? Why isn't Billy D coming here? For someone talking in pretty much absolutes surely you have reasons to say so...

26 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Talking to Belden now. I misread his tweet and he retweeted it and he defended Crean so I said is it a joke or you have good sources? He said Id trust it so I messaged him asking about it and all he said is you hear a lot more than you think if you have a connection to any sport. Seems like a solid kid lol if I would have known all along just to hit up the football team than I would have a long time ago. Looks like I got another insider woot woot

I would imagine Coach Allen will have a conversation with young Mr Belden.........real soon!

Isn't she retiring after next year? I doubt she'll be the sole person choosing then. (If that's true)

Why isn't he going to NC State? Why isn't Billy D coming here? For someone talking in pretty much absolutes surely you have reasons to say so...

Sorry I provided a source from an IU football player but right now that is the best I have gotten or even seen so far so unless you have something that your not telling us I agree I dont get why neither is possible. Yow may not even be there for the start of the season according to twitter so that doesnt matter. Even if she stayed they arent that close. I have honestly never heard of them even having a phone convo. Coach Cal stands up for him but not Crean? That is telling of their relationship IMO

12 minutes ago, Deano said:

I thought Crean was related to Gottfried wouldn't that be a little awkward 

Dakich said on his show that Gottfried wanted out if he didn't get fired due to some family things that at going on. So if true I doubt of it would be to awkward. 

I just don't believe any of these rumors. It's IU. We never get lucky. It wouldn't shock me if Crean was here another 9 years. Seriously.

I get that but if I felt that way this thread would be the last place I came.