Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

7 hours ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Eric Gordon publicly said the decision for him to leave after his freshmen year was made easy because everywhere he looked there were bad things going on. D.J White and Lance Stemler may have been the only ones that werent. Gordon was gone regardless but for him to come out and say it to the media must have meant things were reaaaaallly bad. Who knows maybe someone comes out with stories once Crean leaves. I am sure plenty people have kept their mouth shut to a lot of the incidents.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Gordon was gone regardless like you said. His staying another year was not a consideration. Sampson takes Tommy Naismith to the wood shed much like every other coach in the Big. Hope a change is made soon.

Gordon was gone regardless like you said. His staying another year was not a consideration. Sampson takes Tommy Naismith to the wood shed much like every other coach in the Big. Hope a change is made soon.

Never said he was gonna come back just said it was made easy cause basketball was the last thing guys on that team cared about.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I've been conducting the Archie train since 2013-14...and I'm back to leaning toward him being the top candidate on my list. Just thinking about the possibility of having a guy around here winning games for 20+ years is an amazing thought. As great as Donovan is, we have no idea how long he'd be around. 10-15 years MAX and that's if he doesn't want to move on if another place opens up. I'd be thrilled with either hire, but Archie might be my #1. Donovan and Bennett are 1B and 1C.

Maybe Archie could bring my guy Kostas Antetokounmpo along with him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I get what you're saying, and I am a fan of Archie and would fully support that choice. I would just comment though, that if Donovan came here, even for 10 years, it's going to be even easier to find lots of interest from the next coach. Yea Archie may be gone by then, but there should be another Archie type guy, or even better. If Donovan came here I would fully anticipate IU being a prime destination for coaches to want to come to when he was getting close to retirement. Similar to what we are starting to see from Duke and UNC.

Ok, this is just rumor. Got it from my Missouri connections. Missouri and ....I wanna say Kansas state... are interested in CTC per a reliable MISSOURI alum/important dude. I'm waiting to see if they reached out. But, they like CTC and they feel as if he was UNDER appreciated at IU. I told him/them that yes....he is a good coach and will fix what ails the tigers. I also explained how CTC is awesome at player development, scholastics, good person with a big heart, blah, blah, blah. I kinda feel dirty now....but, he says they are really wanting him. More to follow!

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Oh now don't act like it's the first time you've felt dirty.

I get what you're saying, and I am a fan of Archie and would fully support that choice. I would just comment though, that if Donovan came here, even for 10 years, it's going to be even easier to find lots of interest from the next coach. Yea Archie may be gone by then, but there should be another Archie type guy, or even better. If Donovan came here I would fully anticipate IU being a prime destination for coaches to want to come to when he was getting close to retirement. Similar to what we are starting to see from Duke and UNC.

Agree with that 100%. I would be just as happy with Donovan as I would Archie. I feel like either could take this program to great places. I just like the idea of having a young guy come in and grow as a coach and be the face of the program for a quarter century. Donovan would come in here and make an instant impact and probably win even sooner, which would be great too. Like I said, either way we would be considered winners.