Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Just now, recker222000 said:

I will believe it where i hear the words come out of freds mouth. Until then it's all just rumors to me. It seems everyone has a source these days.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Agreed, but there's an AWFUL lot of smoke indicating that he's gone and where there's smoke, there's fire....

If Billy really wanted those jobs why would being here stop him from going? The only legit possibility of those schools is maybe Pitino. Cal isn't going anywhere that soon maybe in 3 years. Roy has it made at UNC he will be there for awhile too. Even if that story wasn't that believable those aren't the reasons it is hard to believe haha. The hard to believe part for me is the Fife thing and Crean staying but honestly everything in the post we have all heard one way or another. The wording seems to be off and maybe not explained as good as if a legitimate story would be. I hate hearing any of these 2nd hand stories though honestly including this one, but taking shots at guys are the way we lose connections to good info. I tend to think most of all these stories on here are bullcrap including stuff I hear as well. No harm in saying it. Now if any of these posters that ended up having any truth to it I will apologize and admit I was wrong. I just don't think anyone has inside info worth anything at this point.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

To add to that rumors do go around and I enjoy talking about possibilities and trying to figure out what Glass will do. I just find it funny when we attack posters anytime they try to say something. Heck I have seen at least 30 different post about this person said that and we have had multiple threads about this or that happening too. Just cause I don't believe em doesn't mean someone they trust didn't lie to me or didn't say anything.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, recker222000 said:

I will believe it where i hear the words come out of freds mouth. Until then it's all just rumors to me. It seems everyone has a source these days.

Completely understandable. It's still happening though. 

5 minutes ago, recker222000 said:

Dude lighten up. Crean is for sure gone. You can stop with all this doomsday stuff. I keep telling you to just relax and wait till the end of the season. It's gonna happen man

3 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

I just cant think we wait til the end of OKC season to hire Donovan. And if we try to wait the media wouldnt leave Billy alone about it. Honestly not feeling it.

I think we hire him. He finishes the season with the thunder but he puts a staff together to get working in stiff till he's free. Probably by May. 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

I think we hire him. He finishes the season with the thunder but he puts a staff together to get working in stiff till he's free. Probably by May. 

It definitely coincides with all the rumors about Crean being gone. I concur with you that Donovan is the next coach

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I feel like we've already lost momentum though and the only way to bring it back is a fresh coach roaming the sidelines. There's not much else to root for at this point in our lost season. Crean is heading toward his 3rd rebuild here and recruiting has been slowing down the past few years. 

Have fun at the BTT! DC is one of my favorite cities. 

Fair points...and i agree that a change needs to be made...i think that we disagree on how those changes come about. I would never root for my team to lose. 

I am looking forward to DC and the BTT. I hope the Hoosier faithful show up so i am not so outnumbered. 

Dude lighten up. Crean is for sure gone. You can stop with all this doomsday stuff. I keep telling you to just relax and wait till the end of the season. It's gonna happen man

I will I am just gun shy after Fred kept him on two years ago. I just don't trust the guy.

1 minute ago, recker222000 said:

I will I am just gun shy after Fred kept him on two years ago. I just don't trust the guy.

He should've been gone after either the 2013-2014 or 2014-2015 seasons. I definitely agree there. I've wanted him gone since the Syracuse debacle but it wasn't realistic after that season. But the third time will be the charm