Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

With OSU winning tonight....we are alone in 13th in the B1G!! OG or not Crean is gone. Idc who says this or that unless it is Fred Glass and then he would probably end up being fired and replaced and then Crean gets fired by new AD lol. I honestly can't believe this season. Idc if JBJ or TB were out the whole season as well as OG. At IU you should at least battle for 6th at worst!!!

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Is it just me or has it gotten extremely quiet with recruiting the last week or so other than the C.J. Frederick offer. I don't know that Crean has ever been this quiet. I mean I haven't heard of any scouting or new offers. Could it be a sign that something is up? I don't know but I do find it interesting.

3 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Is it just me or has it gotten extremely quiet with recruiting the last week or so other than the C.J. Frederick offer. I don't know that Crean has ever been this quiet. I mean I haven't heard of any scouting or new offers. Could it be a sign that something is up? I don't know but I do find it interesting.

Awkward position to be in with potential recruits as well as our '17 commits.  How would any of us respond to questions from the kids, their parents, their coaches with all the rumors flying about if we were CTC?  Right now, silence may be the best for all concerned.  

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Awkward position to be in with potential recruits as well as our '17 commits.  How would any of us respond to questions from the kids, their parents, their coaches with all the rumors flying about if we were CTC?  Right now, silence may be the best for all concerned.  

I 100% agree but it really doesn't seem to be his style at all. I mean he is known for making offers that we don't even have room for. So it just seems to be kind of odd in my opinion.

Anybody see Chuck Martins last tweet? 

"Collin Hartman the lone senior was a big reason for success last year and would've made a huge difference this year..." 

Not exact quote, but 90% there.

do these coaches ever think of anything other than excuses? My dad taught me to man up when I'm wrong. 

I 100% agree but it really doesn't seem to be his style at all. I mean he is known for making offers that we don't even have room for. So it just seems to be kind of odd in my opinion.

If he may not be the coach what smart kid would honestly listen to his pitch? Sides kids that like IU for IU and not who coaches which nowadays relationships with certain coaches are even more important.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Anybody see Chuck Martins last tweet? 

"Collin Hartman the lone senior was a big reason for success last year and would've made a huge difference this year..." 

Not exact quote, but 90% there.

do these coaches ever think of anything other than excuses? My dad taught me to man up when I'm wrong. 

I get what you are saying, but.... he's 100% inaccurate in what he wrote. Don't see that as an excuse, but see it more of a compliment to Hartman since senior night is approaching.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

13th in the Big Ten with 2 McDonald's All Americans and 2 other top 60 players in the starting lineup... Lol. Multiple 4 stars coming off the bench. Man, what a competent coach could do with that bunch. If Crean refuses to walk away he absolutely deserves to be fired. We don't owe him anything at this point. He's not getting $3 million a year and the largest recruiting budget in the conference to chill with Rutgers in the basement of the Big 10. 

But, but, but, but he's won 2 conference titles in 9 seasons, 2of 4. Who gives a ****

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

They might honestly finish 13th with Ohio State beating Wisconsin last night. Even if IU were lucky enough to win at home against Northwestern, they're gonna lose on the road to Purdue and Ohio State. IU is gonna be playing on Wednesday in the BTT. Good freakin lord man