Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I interpreted it as it was fluid before but now he is gone. 

0708 in a later post said "Just chill and let it play out. It can change in minutes and swing the other way." Personally, I'm not a fan of this flip-flopping. The decision is right there for Glass and the administration to act. I have no idea why this constant changing would be happening.

1 minute ago, VO5 said:

0708 in a later post said "Just chill and let it play out. It can change in minutes and swing the other way." Personally, I'm not a fan of this flip-flopping. The decision is right there for Glass and the administration to act. I have no idea why this constant changing would be happening.

I imagine its the whole if we can't get somebody we know is better we will stand pat. 

I disagree but I see the logic. 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

I imagine its the whole if we can't get somebody we know is better we will stand pat. 

I disagree but I see the logic. 

I'd rather keep Crean than switch for someone of equal or lesser abilities.  

And I'd really like to get Donovan/Stevens/Archie? for the next 20 years.

Maybe Crean has mutually agreed to step down (not until after the season is over) and then announce.

He is not exactly fired but it would be stupid for Glass not to start the process knowing the future.  I would love for BD rumor to be true but don't crush our dreams on things you do know.

If Glass could have went after BD, waited until after the season, and whiffed!!!  Oh Dear Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've seen this happen with Mark Gotfried just this year. While I can't speak with certainty about coaching hires, it absolutely happens in business. I was hired to replace a guy who wasn't aware I was replacing him. What did I think of that employer? I was grateful to get the job and knew I'd better do my best or I'd be out too.

It definitely happens.

FIRE HIM! This is embarrassing

2 hours ago, Beachfront Property said:

Sorry to burst everyone’s bubble and be the reality police but all of these rumors are total garbage. The only people who actually know anything are Glass and McRobbie. None of these “insiders” be it “Mile” or “Janitor” actually know anything. IU is not going to fire Crean mid-season and you CANNOT start reaching out to prospective candidates while you still have a coach. Show me an instance of this happening. What does it say to prospective coaches if your athletic department is reaching out during the middle of the season? Maybe NC State is reaching out to coaches because they have actually fired their coach, but no schools who have not fired their coach are doing it.

I understand Janitor works with the program and may think he has inside information, but unless Crean has notified the team he is not returning – any information he has on this front is just speculation.

To summarize, Crean may very well get fired at the end of the year (and I hope he does!). Billy D may be our next head coach (I hope he is but HIGHLY DOUBT IT.). However, anything you are hearing now that is not directly from Glass or McRobbie has absolutely no credibility.

I can't believe Tom Crean is an active member of BtownBanners! 

Who needs an actual human interim coach? Borrow an orange volleyball, paint a face on it, and call it Coach Wilson. It can sit on a chair at one end of the bench. Don't use timeouts other than the TV breaks, during which the team can play rock/paper/scissors to see who subs in. If a guy wins two out of three from a player who was in the game, he replaces that player. The player who scored the most recent points is exempt and gets to stay in but must come out at the next stoppage of play (replacement's name drawn from a hat). In the event the other team uses a timeout of their own, the IU players play knockout, with the winner getting to jack up a contested three on the next possession.

It couldn't be any worse than what we have.

Lol. Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners