Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

13 minutes ago, Beachfront Property said:

That is simply not true. Show me an instance of this happening. Does Glass have a list of replacements? Of course. Could he be doing research on those replacements? Absolutely. But he is not calling Billy D’s agent before Crean has been fired.

NC State just did this didn't they?

I feel this season there has been more articles written about why cream should be fired at the end of the season than in any of the previous seasons. It seems like it's not just the fans this year but the media also looking at his inconsistency and failure to cut down on the issues that have plagued this team

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

11 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

This post was a load of total bullshart. I know for a fact that Texas reached out to Herman before they fired Strong because I've talked with someone that would without a doubt know it happened. Dont be so naive to think it doesnt happen, its no different than teams reaching out to free agents long before theyre allowed.

This.  It's done through back channels not in public.

16 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Think about what has been rumored a few weeks ago and what is being rumored now. I think the janitor's "plot thickening" post lines up with other stuff out there.

Rumors usually contain at least partial truth.

It's been said that Crean is definitely out by several "sources."

What was the rumor a few weeks ago?

First off, this is not mid-season and anyone with common sense would know and expect nothing would be officially done with CTC until seasons end. I think Glass would have more respect than that and there are still lots of fans that are grateful for the job Crean has done after the Sampson debacle. As far as feelers being sent out, that is a high level booster maneuver with no noticeable direct tie to an AD request. My home may be a modest one, but I would bet the house that there is some back room maneuvers and discussions going on between interested parties with indirect ties. To think anything different would be looking at the world thru rose colored glasses.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

41 minutes ago, Beachfront Property said:

That is simply not true. Show me an instance of this happening. Does Glass have a list of replacements? Of course. Could he be doing research on those replacements? Absolutely. But he is not calling Billy D’s agent before Crean has been fired.

I don't have to show you..just look around. If you really don't think that happens I don't know what to tell you. Not trying to come off as a d*ck but I'm baffled as to why you think that when it happens all the time 

Here's the deal.

We got 3.5 Million dollar results for the most part.
2 B1G titles, 3 sweet sixteens.

Now, it's time for 6 Million dollar results.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Except that's $3.5M PER YEAR (more or less) = $31.5M for the cleanup, 2 B1G titles and 3 Sweet 16 finishes.

Also FWIW. Mile is referencing the SECcountry article as more proof that Crean is on the move.

Crean may indeed be done but that Alex Hickey article is no further proof. He is a DIEHARD IU fan and has vested interest in this storyline. He works in SEC land but he is a Hoosier through and through. Alex Hickey isn't sourced on IU coaching decisions but I do imagine his sports writer friends like to gossip.

45 minutes ago, weaverswonders6 said:

Yep, Mile was back today saying he's changed his tune this morning to Crean being gone at the end of season.  Another poster that seems credible on TOS also confirming he's heard just this morning that Crean will be gone.

Yup. Indiana0708 independently says the same.

58 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Here's the deal.

We got 3.5 Million dollar results for the most part.
2 B1G titles, 3 sweet sixteens.

Now, it's time for 6 Million dollar results.

I'm gonna disagree with we got those results he's the 8th highest paid coach. If that's the results for 3.5 million. Then about 20+ schools are getting way more value than they are paying for. Which is unlikely. 

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Gotta wonder with the timing.

BB4IU shows up last night. (He is connected to the team).

Mile and 0708 get info THIS AM.

Was the team or coach informed of some news last night at practice? The timing might suggest this.

What did Mile and 0708 say THIS MORNING (2/23/17)

PM if you cant say here. 

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Yup. Indiana0708 independently says the same.

In my experience, IUwins0708 is the guy to pay attention to. Always seems to have good sources