Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Coaches who have had success do move within the P5. You have to be willing to pay though

I guess for me, it's not so much about Championships as their coaching philosophy and their view of IU as a destination job. My personal opinion is that Hoiberg doesn't emphasize defense as much as I'd like to see. While I think he is a better coach than Crean, I'm not convinced he's a lot better.

I really think IU fans want a coach who stresses fundamentals and defense, and really just team basketball. Personally, I would be pretty happy with Archie.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Not sure why I even turned on Dakich today. He is the epitome of a guy who controls the conversation and pushes it in convenient directions for his incoherent arguments. He doesn't make any connection between the team's inability to do what Crean wants them to do, and Crean's coaching abilities. That's just stupid. He keeps saying things that any logical person would see in total opposition to his argument. The more I listen to him, the more I understand why he likes Crean. Their logic is on the same level.

The assembly call guys are done with crean as well. First time I've seen jerrod Morris arguing with a national guy about keeping/not keeping crean.

Morris had very good points to not keep crean but the national guy pretty much blamed the season on the o g injury, which is garbage.

I had to jump in on that one too. Sam V is a clown.

Assembly Hall will be very interesting Saturday. I, for one, hope there's crickets instead of Crean getting the Gottfried treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This season doesn't have the same feel as 2 years ago. I don't think folks care enough to show up and boo at this point.

Dakich is smarter and more business savvy than most give him credit. He's good at breaking down basketball and saying random things to stir stuff up. That gets him listeners which in turn gives him leverage when negotiating his contract.

He had a conversation with Billy D but nobody needs to know about it. Because they talked about basketball and a few other random things before Dakich tried to slide a question about IU. Billy D wouldn't talk about it. Does it sound better if he doesn't talk about it and gets hundreds of people asking him about it on twitter or if he simply stated Billy D wouldn't talk about it?

What a douchebag

I can't describe with words how much I actually hate DD. He is an embarrassment. When people say "he tells it like it is" I want to drive my car into a frozen lake. The guy is completely self absorbed, thinks he knows EVERYTHING, and contradicts nearly everything he says. I wish he would disappear.

I can't describe with words how much I actually hate DD. He is an embarrassment. When people say "he tells it like it is" I want to drive my car into a frozen lake. The guy is completely self absorbed, thinks he knows EVERYTHING, and contradicts nearly everything he says. I wish he would disappear.

He is one of the most arrogant people I have ever heard in my life. Plus he is just flat out rude.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I don't know....  I really have a soft spot for Dakich.  I guess it's because I used to play a lot of softball against him "back in the day" (as he would say) when he was a graduate assistant at IU.  The funny thing is that's he was pretty much the same on the softball field as he is on the air.  Dude loved to talk to anybody and everybody.  It would have been a bit annoying if it were just some random guy, but it was pretty cool since he was an IU player from my childhood.             

2 hours ago, BlueDevil2aHoosier said:

Dakich just said on his show that he "had a nice talk with billy Donovan" but that "nobody needs to know what that was about"

This is why I can't stand Dakich. I 100% believe he had no conversation of the sort. Gotta get those ratings 

2 hours ago, BlueDevil2aHoosier said:

Dakich just said on his show that he "had a nice talk with billy Donovan" but that "nobody needs to know what that was about"

He's just looking for ratings.  Why even mention it if anything more than Hi Billy, how ya doin' was the gist of the entire "conversation".