Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

10 hours ago, sierracoach said:

Pending legal action should raise a big red flag and then some. Should this disqualify him from consideration at Indiana? Probably, when you think the Sampson years are not that long ago. Plus, if you want an up and coming coach, you go nail down Archie asap.

I cant wait till we hire someone no one likes. Besides Stevens or Billy D and even him lately has some of you discrediting him, there is a hard pass or he didnt win enough here. Its simple if guys were winning titles and conference titles in power 5 they arent coming here. Some expectations need to be altered in this job search if Crean leaves or were back to where we are now. Actually Archie has gotten some positive reviews too so. IU is not getting someone that has won a title unless it is Billy D so I hate that that argument is even made on here. Were gonna get someone who has had good success with the idea that being at IU will make us and them better than they were at their previous jobs. That is the point in all this. My rant is over but I will say I like throwing candidates out there but unless there is a clear obvious negative about them I wont say no. It comes down to what the people getting paid to hire our next coach decide. I understand it is personal opinions too and everyone is entitled to that I just find it funny 90% of the candidates we have arent worth this job. We may be IU but that doesnt hold the same as it used to. We are still a great program that with the right coach could be great again. Let's try to be open minded that way we dont have a fire (insert name) thread right after the guy is hired.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Was curious to see what DD had to say today  since he was clearly on a JBJ head hunt last night, had to shut it off. One minute its all on the players, next its coach's, and all of us fans are idiots. I thought I knew better to listen to him. I'm just here to tell the truth!!

2 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

What a douchebag

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He's full of it and knows nothing.  He's just trying to increase his viewership which is what he's ALL about doing.  According to him, it's "crazy" to think CTC will be gone after last year.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

You guys realize that in conference play, we have 186 assists and 227 turnovers?!?

That's a B1G assist to turnovers ratio of 81%.

Wow.

Whoa. That's the type of stuff that makes great coaches turn over in their graves

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

You guys realize that in conference play, we have 186 assists and 227 turnovers?!?

That's a B1G assist to turnovers ratio of 81%.

Wow.

Yep -- hence the very reason we are 5-10 and not 10-5 (and NOT b/c OG and Hartman are injured).

31 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

I cant wait till we hire someone no one likes. Besides Stevens or Billy D and even him lately has some of you discrediting him, there is a hard pass or he didnt win enough here. Its simple if guys were winning titles and conference titles in power 5 they arent coming here. Some expectations need to be altered in this job search if Crean leaves or were back to where we are now. Actually Archie has gotten some positive reviews too so. IU is not getting someone that has won a title unless it is Billy D so I hate that that argument is even made on here. Were gonna get someone who has had good success with the idea that being at IU will make us and them better than they were at their previous jobs. That is the point in all this. My rant is over but I will say I like throwing candidates out there but unless there is a clear obvious negative about them I wont say no. It comes down to what the people getting paid to hire our next coach decide. I understand it is personal opinions too and everyone is entitled to that I just find it funny 90% of the candidates we have arent worth this job. We may be IU but that doesnt hold the same as it used to. We are still a great program that with the right coach could be great again. Let's try to be open minded that way we dont have a fire (insert name) thread right after the guy is hired.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Coaches who have had success do move within the P5. You have to be willing to pay though