Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Just curious because I haven't seen his name mentioned and I feel like it was thrown out a lot after Sampson. What are people's thoughts on Bruce Pearl. Again just curious

No, no, and no. Bruce Pearl is a decent coach that loses his luster the longer he's with a program. He's fit for a mid to low tier power 5 job, at best.

I still think you shoot for the stars. If you never ask the answer will always be no. Hopefully, the right people are already putting together the pitch to high level coaches that could lure them to Btown.

My grand slam hires would be Stevens or Donovan. Those are the coaches that would put the college basketball world on notice that IU isn't messing around anymore.

After them, you have to talk to Bennett. He hasn't gotten it done in the tourney but with better talent I think he goes the Bo Ryan route and gets there. I heard something on Katz Corner that made sense. At UVA, in the ACC, you're not going to out talent Duke or UNC so you need to scheme better to compete with them. Bennett did just that and won at UVA. At IU, he would have better talent and could open up the offense more while still having defense to fall back on. This would be a home run hire.

The next level would all be young coaches who could make IU a contender. Those would include Miller, Holman, Collins, Mack and a few others. They're currently having success at smaller schools without a ton of talent. Will that translate at IU? I believe so and would be solid hires.

Regardless, it's time for IU and Crean to move on. I believe both can be better appreciated in different situations. Thank Crean for what he's done and elevate the program back up with a solid hire. We need to get off this roller coaster.

Hey btownbanners! Long time lurker/new poster here. I guess you can say my increasing want for Crean to be fired has led me to finally post. I enjoy reading all of your posts and look forward to the day everyone can celebrate our new coach at IU. I graduated IU back in 2012 and did get to meet Crean and supported him back then. I think that Syracuse game in 2013 was when I started to question him. I was even at the IU/Kentucky game and nothing can describe the feeling that night. I worry if Glass brings him back next year, there could be irreparable issues for the program going forward. Hoping IU can land someone great to bring us back to the good old days!

Welcome aboard great first post!

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

23 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Just saw paps news it's both exciting and disappointing at the same time. Could we for once act like an elite program. 

I hear ya. Doesnt seem like cool dads style to go get the big name. Tons of potential with the guy if the rumor becomes truth though.

3 minutes ago, alpal206 said:

Hey btownbanners! Long time lurker/new poster here. I guess you can say my increasing want for Crean to be fired has led me to finally post. I enjoy reading all of your posts and look forward to the day everyone can celebrate our new coach at IU. I graduated IU back in 2012 and did get to meet Crean and supported him back then. I think that Syracuse game in 2013 was when I started to question him. I was even at the IU/Kentucky game and nothing can describe the feeling that night. I worry if Glass brings him back next year, there could be irreparable issues for the program going forward. Hoping IU can land someone great to bring us back to the good old days!

2013 made a lot of fans say wtf.