Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

I'm a little disappointed in the lack of media calling for Crean's head today. 

I mean, it's not really a great move on the media's part to piss off coaches. Doesn't get them far.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I like him but I don't get to listen to his radio show so that could change that.

I think he takes some outrageous takes but in general I think he is usually right in an exaggerated form.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Kind of my view, he is a whiner and a tool but I think that's for show so people keep checking in to see what he says, cause once you get past all of that and actually hear him talk basketball he's not bad to listen to.

1 minute ago, BtownBanner6 said:

Kind of my view, he is a whiner and a tool but I think that's for show so people keep checking in to see what he says, cause once you get past all of that and actually hear him talk basketball he's not bad to listen to.

agreed on basketball talk

Surprised everyone is clamoring for Billy D on here so much, given the constant talk about Adjusted Defensive Efficiency.   Sure his Florida teams finished in the top 10 a few times, but his teams didn't live in the top 10-15 in ADE yearly. In fact, there were many years his teams weren't in the top 40.   If that's a critical # to hang on coaching, his teams didn't exactly tear it up.  Still much better than Crean's tho.

Just saying.........

Not sure how anyone can be clamoring for Altman.  If it weren't for Phil Knight's pockets, Altman wouldn't have half the recruits he's got.  

I mean, it's not really a great move on the media's part to piss off coaches. Doesn't get them far.

Well kent sterling said in an interview yesterday it's time to move on. However, crean apologist bozich is still pounding the og injury excuse today. That guy is a flat out tool.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Well kent sterling said in an interview yesterday it's time to move on. However, crean apologist bozich is still pounding the og injury excuse today. That guy is a flat out tool.

I think you're using tool to indicate that you disagree with his opinion. He's extremely knowledgeable and just more conservative in his approach to the situation.

http://kentsterling.com/2017/02/16/indiana-basketball-is-tom-crean-the-right-coach-for-indiana-in-2017-2018-iubb/

KentSterling.com has posted a new item, 'Indiana Basketball - Is Tom Crean the

right coach for Indiana in 2017-2018? #iubb'

Very good points by Kent however iu qualified for the semi finals of the 2013 B1G and lost to wisky and vonleh was a top 10 recruit by a lot of major recruiting services. everything else is spot on by Kent

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I think you're using tool to indicate that you disagree with his opinion. He's extremely knowledgeable and just more conservative in his approach to the situation.

He is more then conservative. He says crean crean is the guy period. He calls this year an aberration!

49 minutes ago, seihoosier said:

Surprised everyone is clamoring for Billy D on here so much, given the constant talk about Adjusted Defensive Efficiency.   Sure his Florida teams finished in the top 10 a few times, but his teams didn't live in the top 10-15 in ADE yearly. In fact, there were many years his teams weren't in the top 40.   If that's a critical # to hang on coaching, his teams didn't exactly tear it up.  Still much better than Crean's tho.

Just saying.........

Not sure how anyone can be clamoring for Altman.  If it weren't for Phil Knight's pockets, Altman wouldn't have half the recruits he's got.  

It's a good indicator of success. But Billy D has something else actual success on his resume. 

He is more then conservative. He says crean crean is the guy period. He calls this year an aberration!

I mean... it is. But that's what everyone's issue is with Crean. Every season seems like an anomaly.

Still don't get why you think he's a tool because you disagree with him. Doyel is a tool. Led the charge against Crean, then back tracked and now only supports him after the fanbase said he went too far.

And you as well as myself disagree with him. There are more ways to get your points across than name calling and hatred. It's called a discussion. There are two sides to that. I completely disagree with him, but respect his opinion.

It's a good indicator of success. But Billy D has something else actual success on his resume. 

Yep. Top 30 D and O guarantees you should be in the discussion at the end of the year. You can't be there every year. The years he has been, he has made the most of it. I would take my chances.