Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

45 minutes ago, Milldawg12 said:

Altman is 167-66 at Oregon which is mostly a football school who has to deal with Zona, UCLA, Cal.......Remember he was also the one that out Creighton on the map, so he has some Midwest ties.

Scott Drew is another one doing it at a football school. Look what he has done at Baylor.........used to coach in Indiana (Valpo).

Sent from my LG-H810 using BtownBanners mobile app

In 30 years he's been past the 2nd round a resounding twice.  Since KenPom has been keeping data his average AdjD is in the mid 70s which is not championship caliber.  Altman should be a very very hard pass.

10 hours ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

If your adding dream guys thay would even answer the phone i dont like that list at all.

1. Stevens
2. Billy D
3. Jay Wright
4. Tony Bennett
5. Scott Drew
6. Archie Miller
7. Chris Mack
8. Greg Marshall
9. Dana Altman
10. Mike White
11. Fred Hoiberg
12. Holtsmann
13. Andy Enfield
14. Chris Collins
15. Chris Beard
16. Steve Alford
17. Mick Cronin
18. Leonard Hamilton
19. Ronald Nored
20. Dane Fife

There is my top 20 and we surely could get 75 percent of those guys so hopefully our next coach is ready.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Nored was my favorite Butler player that kid could play and he played hard so hard that he chipped a tooth in a game.

Altman is 167-66 at Oregon which is mostly a football school who has to deal with Zona, UCLA, Cal.......Remember he was also the one that out Creighton on the map, so he has some Midwest ties.

Scott Drew is another one doing it at a football school. Look what he has done at Baylor.........used to coach in Indiana (Valpo).

Sent from my LG-H810 using BtownBanners mobile app

People seem to forget that. They compare their jobs to Indiana which if that was the case the wouldn't be candidates. It is guys wanting to go to a bigger school so they can get better talent with better results. It is quite simple. I like Altman and Scott Drew I put Scott Drew in my top 5 wish list and I would add Mark Few to mine as well. Completely forgot him. Altman has done an amazing job turning Oregon into a solid program. They have to compete against better teams in their area as well. UK doesn't count for us as they never recruit around us. U of L maybe. MSU and UM along with OSU is our hardest ones. Altman has Zona & UCLA. That alone is harder. I wouldn't put him at the top but there is a reason he always seems to have a big guy averaging 2 blocks a game at least. Sometimes 2. I would take him as a top 10 option very easily. Still would take 7-8 guys before him.

Nored was my favorite Butler player that kid could play and he played hard so hard that he chipped a tooth in a game.

Honestly I like him as a candidate but be don't have the name recognition quite yet. Him & Beard are my my guys I expect to be big time coaches around the country in a few years once the right job is presented.

I do believe expectations at IU are high compared to most other schools, and they should be.  As Crean said when he was hired "THIS IS INDIANA!" (and all the rest) so when a coach signs his name on the contract to coach at IT, he (or she?) should know the passionate fan base will have very high expectations and expect to win consistently and advance deeply in the tournament every year.  Are they unrealistic expectations?  Depends on who you talk to but I am not a believer of dropping standard of the program just because of parity in college basketball.  I don't remember arguing that Crean was any ranking so not sure where that came from.  Must be mistaking me for another poster.  

It was in reply to saying he wasnt a top 75 coach. Could have gotten wrong guy. Yes I do not like Crean here anymore but he will be a good coach somewhere witj lower expectations. In his defense if they offer the job why would he say no at that point. It was him or Brownell and Im glad we got Crean. It just shouldn't have lasted as long as it did.

1 minute ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

Seriously, there is no way Tom Crean survives this debacle...Right? 

I agree, but I think we should all focus on him not being here before obsessing about a successor.  A small part of me fears that Glass is going to give him one more chance.... He truly is like a cat with 9 lives...

I went back and looked at this threads beginning.

Proud of my responses. Instincts were mostly correct.

Some people were pretty well wrapped around Crean's finger. Lol

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I just did the same looks like i was mad from before start of this thread lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, Rookie33 said:

I agree, but I think we should all focus on him not being here before obsessing about a successor.  A small part of me fears that Glass is going to give him one more chance.... He truly is like a cat with 9 lives...

If Glass does bring him back, we're starting a change.org petition for the IU BOT to remove Glass. It sounds silly, but it'll have 50,000 signatures within three days.

I don't think it was that at all. I supported him up until this season due to giving him 5 full seasons beyond the rebuild. Now he has had ample time. It is time for change. Things change. Needs of a program change. In the beginning we needed a culture change. We are at the point the culture is ok. Coaching needs growth we aren't seeing. Time to make the move imo.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Always the first to toot your own horn lol.

Crean was recruiting at a high level and had a recent B1G title and Sweet Sixteen visits. It was premature to call for his firing when this thread started. Waiting turn out to be the best thing anyway, depending on who we land. Billy D was not an option at the time. We've had more time to watch Archie and other young coaches. And now it's blatantly clear to all that Crean isn't the future. I don't regret supporting him while I did.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I wanted Crean fired during the 2014-15 year after back to back crappy seasons. He lured me back onto his side with last year's performance. I thought he was actually improving as a coach. Then this season I got back on board with firing him. He's taken a team with 2 McDonald's all Americans and several 4 stars and driven them to the near bottom of the Big 10. Few have done less with more than him.