Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Don't have that much info. Just heard that senior was pissed. I've also heard that the players can't stand CTC.

The day he gets fired I am writing that clown Bob Kravitz and asking him why his boy he said was so safe is gone. That guy is such a putz.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

He will definitely be top 75. Let's not be that drastic. He did fine at Marquette before here. 4 trips in 5 years to the tourney. Everyone thinks it was his final four run. He missed the tourney the next year then made it 3 straight years with 24 wins or more. He has a knack for finding under ranked kids. He has misses yes but OG, Vic, Diener, Matthews, McNeal, Wade & Jimmy Butler who he recruited but signed w Buzz as well as Novak. That is just guys who made the NBA. Zeisloft & Sheehey were two other really good finds and I think Clifton Moore will be one as well. He will be a top 40 coach maybe better and will have whatever team close to the tourney each year. Difference is at IU that isn't okay. He will find somewhere it is and probably succeed expectations there. I just hope for his sake he doesn't use it to land another high profile job. He struggles under pressure too much and hates fans talking too much obviously. Missouri or maybe NC State would be great for him. I think he needs to go down south though. He doesn't have good relationships on west coast or really here.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I agree, he'll continue to get paid to coach basketball and will have some success. Crean is not a complete idiot. It's easy to pile on and high-light the mistakes but IU has beaten some very good teams over the last 6 years and that isn't an accident. So if CTC gets blame for the losses (which is fair) then he should get credit too. IMO the issue is the consistency- or lack of it. It's not even a roller coaster, more like a teeter-totter. From one extreme to the other with no in between. After all, it's Indiana- and that can't happen at Indiana.

13 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I have a hunch most of the players from Crean's 9 yrs at IU can't stand him

I wouldn't know why...

• He has an offense that no one can understand or grasp.
  • He never takes accountability for anything that goes wrong, blames it on the players.
  • He forces players into positions that are out of their comfort zone.
  • He can't design an out of bounds play.
  • He can't design a last second shot play.
  • He makes substitutions that do not make sense.
  • His game plans put the players out their as sitting ducks.
  • He doesn't teach fundamental basketball (i.e. screening, help side defense, etc.).
  • He always drinks Diet Coke.
  • He loves his Sweet 16 Rings.

Of course!  Well, you know by "late in the tournament" it can't be past the Sweet 16.  :)

See the problem with your sarcasm is sweet sixteen to most schools is great. It means your a top 16 school. So you argue Crean isn't top 75 then say he will be in the sweet sixteen elsewhere. Top 40 coach as I said. Is someone who makes the tourney 6-7 years out of 10 and makes a run of a game or two every now and then. Not like I said he was awesome and the best coach ever lol. The problem is IU is above that so yes I still want Crean gone like most but let's not act like he is gonna be coaching jv in high school.

3 hours ago, HoshPoint_0 said:

I saw this observation elsewhere but have to agree; why is it the writers seem to portray the IU fans as almost being unrealistic.  I think the grumbles and groans of the fan base are well-warranted based off of the inconsistencies of past years and this year's dropoff.  You want to see an unrealistic fanbase?  I talked to a UK fan yesterday and he basically stated "UK sucks this year" because they're 20-5.  Those 12 to 1 odds to win it all must really be hard to take as a UK fan.

As did I.  Mom and Dad are not happy at all.

Do not expect to see JBJ next year.  His last home game is coming up.  

#noseniorspeechforJBJ

Did I miss something? Or was this about Sr and Crean getting into it. Sorry I hate going back pages to find what was said.

If able to elaborate, was it a heated back and forth text conversation?

My source said that Sr was at the game and Crean said the usual that he loves JBJ and blah blah after and Sr offered to talk him and Crean insisted it wasn't a big deal. Then on ride home he hears Crean bashing him publicly. Sr after talking to Crean on phone or text was pissed. He got out of the car on the phone yelling and screaming and then walked inside and threw his phone against the wall. Sr hasnt really talked to anyone about it supposedly so thats the best the story is gonna sound for us probably. He did say Sr told a lot of ppl he overreacted the next day and said some things he didnt mean but I think that is cause he is a more mature person than Crean.

15 minutes ago, theriverpilot said:

I saw this observation elsewhere but have to agree; why is it the writers seem to portray the IU fans as almost being unrealistic.  I think the grumbles and groans of the fan base are well-warranted based off of the inconsistencies of past years and this year's dropoff.  You want to see an unrealistic fanbase?  I talked to a UK fan yesterday and he basically stated "UK sucks this year" because they're 20-5.  Those 12 to 1 odds to win it all must really be hard to take as a UK fan.

It's because the media only look at tangible things...wins, losses, injuries, ratings for recruiting classes, big ten titles, etc.  Effectively, things they can do apples to apples comparisons with to other coaches.  What they don't take into consideration are things like wacky substitution patterns, players getting lost on defense, a half court offense that often doesn't even seem to attempt to get the ball within the 3 point line until there are 5 seconds on the shot clock, and, my personal favorite, continuing to run a set that seems to consist of a clear out so that Thomas Bryant can go one-on-one 20 feet from the basket.  Those are things we are seeing, but aren't really great metrics for a journalism piece.       

Just now, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

To add to it there are rumors around Marion like there usually always are about JBJ but some at school at saying if he doesn't go pro he is gonna try to graduate and transfer.

I don't blame him.  That said, despite his obvious offensive abilities, I don't think he'll be missed all that much regardless of his next destination (see 2015-2016 season as an example of that).

James is graduating this year correct? If he's not going to the G-League (Once called the D-League) , then I imagine he'll try to be a graduate transfer for a team that actually has a chance at doing something in March. 

Haven't heard about the CTC-Sr thing..wow.. I mean I'd be pissed too if my son's coach wasn't using him correctly.