Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

17 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:

I've said this before but public opinion has no bearing on whether Indiana is a top 5 destination. Every other metric that should measure this fact, Indiana meets the requirements. The Indiana job, thanks to Crean, is essentially a turnkey operation. Plug an elite level coach in, and the machine will produce results. We haven't made a final four since 2002 because of absolutely horrendous administrative decisions. We've been so bad at targeting and hiring coaches, that it's almost as if the admin purposely botched them.

Thank you!!!

44 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

And an "IU plays well and books an upset 15 point road victory" tonight?

I think that'll expand the fanbase chaos even more. Do you agree?

He's due for one of his Crean Wins as I call them. I'm not quite sure how good Minny is, i assume not very talented. We're playing some really bad basketball right now but I dont expect us to get blown out tonight. I think we win.. although I would really love an L tonight. 

The more L's the better. If we lose the rest of our games, he's fired right? 

13 hours ago, southernindianahoosier said:

I was talking with a coworker today and he brought up a good question: When did you know Tom Crean wasn't the right fit for IU?

He responded that he knew he was not the right coach in Creans third year, when he was at a game and Crean made a bizarre substitution, he and his friend looked at each other and said "oh gosh we made a mistake", then saying at least Mike David knew who his 5 best players were.

I responded that I felt Crean was the wrong fit, not when IU got embarrassed in the S16, but the following year. Crean should have been so mad about the S16 loss that he spent the entire offseason drooling over it and finding ways to beat the **** out of Syracuse the next time they play, instead we played Syracuse in the ACC challenge and got embarrassed again.

When did you know he was the wrong fit?

Tim Priller, Jeremiah April, Grant Gelon......do I need to keep going?

When a coach throws out offers like a Pez dispenser...

I wonder what the financial implications of keeping Crean are. 

Another year of Crean vs an exciting new start with somebody. 

That alone has to be worth a few million 

Let me ask you this: What will change next year? Our biggest need is a point guard, and Tommy can lay blame wherever he wants, but he didn't bring one in last year, and there isn't one coming next year. His positionless system will be no better next year. Most likely, it will be worse.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, bigrod said:

Let me ask you this: What will change next year? Our biggest need is a point guard, and Tommy can lay blame wherever he wants, but he didn't bring one in last year, and there isn't one coming next year. His positionless system will be no better next year. Most likely, it will be worse.

Take TB off the team we watched get handled by Northwestern and that's basically our team next year. Maybe worse depending on transfers. There's no reason to bring him back when you look at the team we'll have, surely Fred Glass sees that. 

4 minutes ago, bigrod said:

New coach would actually teach the guys we have and bench Newkirk a competent coach could have Green good to go possibly. And a new coach could bring a PG with him. 

And that has nothing to do with the financial implications. 

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

I wonder what the financial implications of keeping Crean are. 

Another year of Crean vs an exciting new start with somebody. 

That alone has to be worth a few million 

I believe I can say with absolute certainty that the financial implications of keeping or firing Tom Crean are negligible, insignificant, and largely irrelevant at this point in the decision as to whether Tom Crean remains IU's coach

Will crean remain if og bryant and jbj announced they were all returning? Not likely but would that be enough for one more chance from glass?

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

This ain't no "Jimmy Chitwood situation."
Those three guys aren't very likely at all to state "If coach is staying, I'm playing."

1 minute ago, recker222000 said:

Sadly yes.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I think it's safe to say JBJ will not be returning in light of CTC's recent ripping of him to the media and the supposed text back-n-forth between JBS and CTC about it.

I think it's safe to say JBJ will not be returning in light of CTC's recent ripping of him to the media and the supposed text back-n-forth between JBS and CTC about it.

I agree but knowing glass if they all stay he would keep his boy on hoping he had a good season next year so he could extend him.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Will crean remain if og bryant and jbj announced they were all returning? Not likely but would that be enough for one more chance from glass?

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Im sure Crean and Glass are hoping for something like this but it wont happen. We have no "savior" coming next year.