Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

2 minutes ago, weaverswonders6 said:

Archie is making over $1 mil a year as of 2 yrs ago.  I know someone said before he was making $692k.  Local papers in Dayton now catching on to rumor.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/events/sports/report-state-puts-out-feelers-archie-miller/KltcMzZ0dxodbrP6X2xOJM/

If (and it's a big IF) both the NC State and Indiana jobs were available, one would think he'd take Indiana.  

3 minutes ago, Rookie33 said:

Missouri is a perfect fit -- that program is happy just to get into the tourney, and it is an absolute MESS right now.  Crean has proven to be great at cleaning things up, which is what Missouri needs.  He's hit the "ceiling" here -- we haven't made a final 4 in 15 years and haven't won a title in 30 years.  CTC isn't the guy to get us to either of those places. On a somewhat related note, what do people know about Texas Tech's coach, Chris Beard?  The guy is doing an IMPRESSIVE job down there w/ a win over Baylor...

Too new for me to form an absolute opinion on the guy.  I did see he took a team that won 13 games and the following year they won 30.  And he is doing a decent job at Tech.  Seems all their big wins have been at home though.  I'd like our next coach to be able to win on the road....Seems that's plagued IU a lot in recent years as well.  Play amazing at home and then look completely different on the road when the shots aren't falling.

2 minutes ago, weaverswonders6 said:

Too new for me to form an absolute opinion on the guy.  I did see he took a team that won 13 games and the following year they won 30.  And he is doing a decent job at Tech.  Seems all their big wins have been at home though.  I'd like our next coach to be able to win on the road....Seems that's plagued IU a lot in recent years as well.  Play amazing at home and then look completely different on the road when the shots aren't falling.

He is at his almamater and has ties to RMK as an assistant or something like that

This Chris guy has an impressive record so far.. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Beard_(basketball)

Really guys lol I have been lobbying for this guy for days. I have shared links about RMK begging him to take an assistant spot when he was at Texas Tech. Only problem....when he choose UNLV and Tech opened up the AD had Knight convince him to be the head coach there. Idk if he leaves this quick with ties to the program and Knight. With Knight's hate towards us he could easily make the job less appealing. Like I stated in the past few days he probably isn't on our radar due to Knight ties and this is his first year at big competition. I would take him in a heart beat though. Guy is tough nosed and has made Tech a tourney team!! That just doesn't happen much. Analyst over the years have talked about how Lubbock is an okay school for football but horrible for basketball so maybe he does leave. He has beat WVU, Baylor and a moving screen called away from beating KU. He already has the most top ten wins in the program since 07-08 almost a decade ago. Before that it had been 20 plus years.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

This Chris guy has an impressive record so far.. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Beard_(basketball)

Really guys lol I have been lobbying for this guy for days. I have shared links about RMK begging him to take an assistant spot when he was at Texas Tech. Only problem....when he choose UNLV and Tech opened up the AD had Knight convince him to be the head coach there. Idk if he leaves this quick with ties to the program and Knight. With Knight's hate towards us he could easily make the job less appealing. Like I stated in the past few days he probably isn't on our radar due to Knight ties and this is his first year at big competition. I would take him in a heart beat though. Guy is tough nosed and has made Tech a tourney team!! That just doesn't happen much. Analyst over the years have talked about how Lubbock is an okay school for football but horrible for basketball so maybe he does leave. He has beat WVU, Baylor and a moving screen called away from beating KU. He already has the most top ten wins in the program since 07-08 almost a decade ago. Before that it had been 20 plus years.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Just not positive how/why you go to a guy as unproven as Chris Beard when there's plenty of proven HC's out there that should at least consider us.

Dude. RMK said he was chill. What don't you get?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I am shaking my head, STILL, on what the hell is happening to this team.

Last season we won the B1G.  Two things here:  1.  We had a different team makeup   2.  We had an easy as pie B1G Schedule (and don't argue that).

-we had an ouch in Maui last year with WF and UNLV.  We got destroyed on the road at Duke.  Typically these suck but was a trend with most Crean teams in the past.  

-Our B1G schedule last year had us playing Purdue, Maryland, and Mich. St. only once with one on the road.

-Looking at stat leaders for points, rebounds, and assists:  It was consistently Yogi, Troy, and Max.  Bryant only a handful of times and OG only once.

On paper, we should be a top ten team this year.  Somehow we beat Kansas and UNC.  I was beaming going into the season after that.  Butler I can understand losing, but that's where it really falls off.

Yogi, was the one that made Crean look good last year.  Hell, Yogi made everyone look good last year.  Even though the offense was badly constructed, it worked for Yogi.  You had to collapse on him or he would score on you.  Nobody can do that this year which make this offense terrible.  Nobody can go one-on-one like the players we lost.  Crean hasn't changed anything to adapt to this team's style.  It's not that we don't have scorers, we don't have anyone that can go one-on-one.

Bottom line:  It's all on Crean.  If you can't get the team to fit your plan, fit your plan for the team.  Dribble drive does not work with this team.

The mark of a good coach: changing your system to put the players in the best situation to succeed. We flat out don't have that with Crean. It's his way or 15 or fewer wins.

Your big chucking up threes while having three previous good games while being in the lane doesn't work.

Pulling your big that is dominating the paint doesn't work.

Giving the ball to an okay ball handler and telling him to drive doesn't work.

Giving the green light to everyone that gets on the floor doesn't work.

Allowing your "immature and lacking leadership" upperclassmen to continue to get the most minutes doesn't work.

You and your system at Indiana doesn't work.

IF Crean is bought out, and that's a big IF, I would be really interested to see the level of coach who shows interest in IU. This isn't the early 90's anymore. There is that blueblood allure, but is Indiana still considered an "A" level/5 star job? I would say forget Stevens and Donovan, but would guys like Bennett or Jay Wright even be interested? They are with programs who have been in the mix over the last couple seasons. I just don't know how viable Indiana is as a destination anymore. It's painful to see how far we have fallen.   

IF Crean is bought out, and that's a big IF, I would be really interested to see the level of coach who shows interest in IU. This isn't the early 90's anymore. There is that blueblood allure, but is Indiana still considered an "A" level/5 star job? I would say forget Stevens and Donovan, but would guys like Bennett or Jay Wright even be interested? They are with programs who have been in the mix over the last couple seasons. I just don't know how viable Indiana is as a destination anymore. It's painful to see how far we have fallen.   

I see us at a B+. We have the history, the facilities, the recruiting market, and the fan base. Unfortunately, we don't have a coach that utilizes the tools. Understanding and utilizing are two different concepts.

Sent from my SM-G900P using BtownBanners mobile app

I see us at a B+. We have the history, the facilities, the recruiting market, and the fan base. Unfortunately, we don't have a coach that utilizes the tools. Understanding and utilizing are two different concepts.

Sent from my SM-G900P using BtownBanners mobile app

So the only knock you have on us is the coach and that means b+, why would another coach care what Crean did here. I agree we have all of what you said I just think that makes this an A type
destination. We have all the tools just need the right Coach at the wheel.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/the-5-most-valuable-college-basketball-teams-in-2016.html/?a=viewall

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

14 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Interesting article.. Never would have thought Louisville would be #1 on that list. Although I'm guessing these numbers are based on net income for the year in question. 

Having lived in Philly years back, IU has no shot at getting Jay Wright.  He landed his dream job, he is a Philly guy and people from Philly do not leave Philly...just the way that it is.  There is a better shot of Santa Claus landing on my house tonight than Jay Wright accepting the IU HC job.