Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Man I am glad that I decided not to listen to the coach's show last night, I might have gouged out my eyeballs and cut off my ears! Thanks for the review this morning, guys! Seriously what universe is he on? Yeah, we get it for the thousandth time you have injuries, so what? If you can't trust your other players, then why did you recruit them? Why in one of your previous interviews did you say that Gelon was still learning the sets and progressing? Why are you so against using the bench to get messages across?  Setting a player for a few minutes and returns with the same issues, should go back to the bench? Why do you go away from players who are having a good game and go back to the players that are struggling like they are going to turn on a switch and save the game? Your savior was the one that you took out of the game and limited to 14 minutes! Seriously, if we are going to loose a game, I would much rather loose that game with 5 players on the floor that are busting their a** and showing heart, than players that act like they don't want to be in there or are trying to hold back to prevent injury! Why do you feel like you have to give excuses for poor performances? Why not own up to it and admit that the players obviously do not understand what you are trying to accomplish/teach? Seriously when things don't go to the game plan, every player on the floor looks like a deer in headlights!

If I were Glass, I would be asking all of these questions and more!

At this point, I disagree with Dackich's take yesterday that if the team would listen to coach then they would win, Yogi figured that out. No, Yogi took over!

Not only did he have a week to prepare for this game, he had this game and almost a year to prepare for the ACC challenge game the next year and still came out lost as last years Easter eggs! That was the final straw for me. Seriously, how can you play a team in the tournament, then turn around and get embarrassed again in the next regular season by a team who's defensive strategy did not change? How hard is it to defeat a 2-3 zone? How hard is it to get your big to stand at the free throw line and break the zone? Seriously how many teams/coaches have Syracuse's number and can completely shut down their zone?

Crean's rambling incoherent nonsense:

We're not going to use injuries as an excuse, but I'll continue to bring them up. Even though, I still have 2-5 stars in the lineup, and a couple 4 stars, I'll keep bringing it up because everything has to be perfect for my system to work.

I'm going to act like our guard play is a new issue instead of something I've had all season to fix.

Our defense has been horrible all year, but now I'm going to point it out.

Turnovers have been an issue each and every year I have been here, but now it's because I have immature guards.

I never sit players when they aren't doing what I want them to. I mean, unless they are playing lights out.

I'm great at pointing out our problems. I'll continue to point them out until someone figures out how to fix them.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Any chance Crean gets fired if we go to Minnesota Wednesday night and get beat down? We have nearly a week after it before our next game. Plenty of time for an interim coach to get settled in. Plz Fred plz. 

There is a very real possibility we don't win another game this season with the way we are playing and the dysfunction internally.

1 minute ago, nerdvana said:

Really need this to take off and become a reality.  I don't think my mental/emotional state can handle another year of Crean.  I feel like I'm in an abusive relationship and I have no control of getting out of it.

Also from TOS, "

Chris Spittola on Sirius this morning. Per a reporter in the Raleigh Durham area who has said this is coming from multiple sources. Evidently, Gottfried, HC at N. Carolina St., is on his way out. Lost the team and having a disastrous season.

Number one target is Archie Miller, HC at Dayton, up and coming coaching star, and ex-Wolfpack player"

If Archie went to NC State, my fav choices would be down to Bennett, Stevens, Donovan, and Marshall - none of which I see coming here this year.  God, please don't spite us with another year of CTC.

On the same CBS Sports: Eye on College Basketball Podcast that was discussed earlier in this thread, Gary Parrish said he doesn't believe Archie will take the NC State job. He said even though it makes sense from the alma mater standpoint, Archie isn't taking anything but an A level job at this point.

21 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Before it turns into a circus? It's not a circus already?!

I think he meant before we see the grand finale.

After losing by a combined 42 points to the same mediocre team I don't want to see what's in store.

36 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

A couple weeks ago I thought Crean would get another year- I have changed my mind. He's lost a large section of the fan-base and now, it appears, his team. 

Unlike many of you, I like Crean. I don't care if he drinks Diet Coke and tugs on his pants. He can clap until he bleeds as long as IU plays consistent, high-level basketball. That hasn't happened and no indication that it will at this point. It's going to be a full-blown firestorm if Glass doesn't make the move and soon. I don't think Stevens or Donovan are realistic. Marshall doesn't interest me. Bennett, I could see happening and being very successful in the B1G & NCAA's.

The bolded part above is exactly how I feel about Crean.  I also agree that the time has come to make a change and that change needs to happen sooner than later.

Missouri is a perfect fit -- that program is happy just to get into the tourney, and it is an absolute MESS right now.  Crean has proven to be great at cleaning things up, which is what Missouri needs.  He's hit the "ceiling" here -- we haven't made a final 4 in 15 years and haven't won a title in 30 years.  CTC isn't the guy to get us to either of those places. On a somewhat related note, what do people know about Texas Tech's coach, Chris Beard?  The guy is doing an IMPRESSIVE job down there w/ a win over Baylor...