Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Frank Martin? My God no. I'd rather keep Crean. REALLY hope that rumor is false. Donovan (probably unrealistic), Marshall, Bennett, Archie should be our top choices and we shouldn't have to go outside of that pool to find someone. Would be extremely hard for me to get behind Frank Martin. He hasn't done anything. 

Just curious...why? I prefer Archie and a few others, but other than the over the top intensity, Martin can really coach a disciplined team.

Just curious...why? I prefer Archie and a few others, but other than the over the top intensity, Martin can really coach a disciplined team.

In 4 1/2 seasons coaching in the terrible SEC, he's never made the NCAAs, finished 11th or worse twice.

He's even worse than Crean.

Absolutely not Frank Martin.

FIRE HIM! This is embarrassing

36 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Frank Martin? My God no. I'd rather keep Crean. REALLY hope that rumor is false. Donovan (probably unrealistic), Marshall, Bennett, Archie should be our top choices and we shouldn't have to go outside of that pool to find someone. Would be extremely hard for me to get behind Frank Martin. He hasn't done anything. 

Better get used to names being thrown out there that dont seem logical. I do think Martin is a step above Crean but clearly wouldnt be in the fans top group. 

If I could sum up Frank Martin with one point, it would be this: Miami basketball didn't want him.

He was asked to leave KSU because of his attitude and he never did anything special record-wise either at KSU or SC. He is known for crossing the line over and over again in how he treats players, he schedules terrible non-conference opponents, he is not a great recruiter and he never took either KSU or SC to any kind of title or deep in the tournament. (1 EE and that's the only time out of the first weekend). IU will have proven to be at a new low of Martin were hired. He would raise money and his antics would grow old quickly. The thought that his name has surfaced should make all IU fans reconsider the state of the program. Before any IU fan considers a coach of Martin's caliber or person with his character they should do some research. 

Crean has sucked the life out of this fanbase. There are plenty of upgrades out there and Glass needs to secure one of them asap.

I will be so pissed if he gets an extension, he continues to shit the bed and then when we finally go to make a change we are the 2nd or 3rd best option for coaches that given year due to coach K, Williams etc etc moving on.

If we make a move this year we will most definitely be the most sought after college job available

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Chris Beard is gonna be a good coach somewhere soon. Maybe Texas Tech even. Lubock is a very hard school to get kids to come play though. I like his coaching tho I have seen them play 3 or 4 times and always seem to lose simply cause the other team is better.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I would support Frank Martin if our other obvious options don't work out.

That said, Martin doesn't seem like a guy who Glass would like to work with.  If Glass didn't get along with Kevin Wilson very well, something tells me he wouldn't get along with Frank Martin either.  That's important to remember.

1 minute ago, AKHoosier said:

I would support Frank Martin if our other obvious options don't work out.

That said, Martin doesn't seem like a guy who Glass would like to work with.  If Glass didn't get along with Kevin Wilson very well, something tells me he wouldn't get along with Frank Martin either.  That's important to remember.

The Kevin Wilson situation was the first thing that came to mind when hearing about Frank Martin being mentioned to replace Crean.

1 hour ago, ziggyiu said:

If I could sum up Frank Martin with one point, it would be this: Miami basketball didn't want him.

He was asked to leave KSU because of his attitude and he never did anything special record-wise either at KSU or SC. He is known for crossing the line over and over again in how he treats players, he schedules terrible non-conference opponents, he is not a great recruiter and he never took either KSU or SC to any kind of title or deep in the tournament. (1 EE and that's the only time out of the first weekend). IU will have proven to be at a new low of Martin were hired. He would raise money and his antics would grow old quickly. The thought that his name has surfaced should make all IU fans reconsider the state of the program. Before any IU fan considers a coach of Martin's caliber or person with his character they should do some research. 

He wasn't asked to leave KSU.  He left because he didn't like the AD.  From what I remember, fans were pissed that he left.

I'm not going to judge him by what he's done at South Carolina.  They're a terrible basketball school, and athletics program overall, but he'll still get them to the tournament this year.

Frank Martin is a good coach.  His defensive efficiency numbers are awfully good too.

16 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Chris Beard is gonna be a good coach somewhere soon. Maybe Texas Tech even. Lubock is a very hard school to get kids to come play though. I like his coaching tho I have seen them play 3 or 4 times and always seem to lose simply cause the other team is better.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Isn't Beard a former RMK assistant, and a Texas Tech Alumni?