Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Yeah some people here completely misunderstood those quotes. He's going to remember that win probably because it was stressful not because he's happy. He also said no one on the team is "going to get a big head" about that win, meaning no one is pleased with that game.

Lol...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

14 minutes ago, maxwell said:

How about Mark Cubans endorsement of Coach Crean?  

http://wishtv.com/2015/12/17/mark-cuban-im-a-huge-tom-crean-fan/

This is over a year old, but I would think Cuban's opinion carries a considerable amount of weight. No?

I mean, what else is Cuban going to say? He can't come out and blast Crean. I don't think these public statements by people really tell us how they actually feel about the guy. 

13 minutes ago, maxwell said:

This is over a year old, but I would think Cuban's opinion carries a considerable amount of weight. No?

I'm pretty good with forming my own opinion, don't need someone else forming it for me. Cuban, Yogi, don't care. 

6 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

I'm pretty good with forming my own opinion, don't need someone else forming it for me. Cuban, Yogi, don't care. 

I agree everyone should have the right  to their own opinion as well as respect for that opinion. I feel it is an interesting take from both Cuban & Yogi.

42 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Wants to ensure he is the last great Hoosier? 

Last great Hoosier? I doubt that. You guys can downplay the 3OT win against Penn St. if you like.  You can at least acknowledge that Green's 2 turnovers in the span of 45 minutes is  a very positive sign.  It may be my optimistic/unrealistic outlook, but  I thought DeRon Davis moved much better than he did in our game against Northwestern.   The development of those two players alone will make the future of this program a bit brighter.

5 minutes ago, maxwell said:

Last great Hoosier? I doubt that. You guys can downplay the 3OT win against Penn St. if you like.  You can at least acknowledge that Green's 2 turnovers in the span of 45 minutes is  a very positive sign.  It may be my optimistic/unrealistic outlook, but  I thought DeRon Davis moved much better than he did in our game against Northwestern.   The development of those two players alone will make the future of this program a bit brighter.

Not with Crean still at the helm 

They will be good players but this team will lose 4 to 6 players and will have a rough year next season.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Well if they commit 23 turnover against Wisconsin the score will be like 78 to 41. Sad stuff.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Well it is babysteps. Those 23 turnovers were in essentially 3 halves. For Crean that is an improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

8 hours ago, maxwell said:

You really think if CTC was the coach of the Mavs he'd still be the coach?  Cuban would not tolerate the chronic ineptness we show in TO's and defensive effort because the Mavs would never get out of last place in the NBA.  Mark Cuban is a highly driven individual and if he were the IU athletic director I truly feel CTC would not be our coach today.

28 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Ugh. Wish we would've taken the L last night. The seat would be flaming. 

Some would say that makes you a bad fan, but I don't see it as being any different than fans hoping their teams tank so they get a high draft pick. This season is already a lost cause, might as well get something good out of it. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Some would say that makes you a bad fan, but I don't see it as being any different than fans hoping their teams tank so they get a high draft pick. This season is already a lost cause, might as well get something good out of it. 

Exactly. As you can tell by my avy, I'm a huge Los Angeles Lakers fan. I've been wanting them to tank for the past three years and it's made me a happy camper as we've been able to secure young talent through the draft. Even this year, I want my Lakers to tank to get a high pick. Like I say, if you're not winning the championship, you should be winning the draft lotto. 

As for my Hoosiers, my love for IU basketball has diminished ever since we ran into the 2-3 Zone vs Syracuse. I had student tickets that year we were #1, great times were had. As soon as we collapsed vs a 2-3 zone, i knew something was up, it was the coaching.

The more we lose, the greater the chance we have at losing Crean sooner. What's the point of winning this season? We all know this team can't play defense, our offense is terrible, our basketball IQ is embarrassing, and our coach has no idea how to coach in the games. If we keep winning, we're just going to increase the odds of Crean saving his job and having more of the same junk for more seasons to come. This team hasn't shown growth at all this season , AT ALL! That's a problem.. 

The more we lose, the sooner we can begin the process of transitioning to a new coach with a new system. Dark times will be ahead in this transition, but it would be better that it comes sooner rather than later. 

As far as I'm concerned, this isn't "Indiana" basketball anymore. We're really no different than West Virginia in terms of programs these days. It's quite sad. My perspective of wanting to lose may be radical (I am young haha) but I'm doing what feels right and doing what's best in terms of getting "Indiana" back. 

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

You really think if CTC was the coach of the Mavs he'd still be the coach?  Cuban would not tolerate the chronic ineptness we show in TO's and defensive effort because the Mavs would never get out of last place in the NBA.  Mark Cuban is a highly driven individual and if he were the IU athletic director I truly feel CTC would not be our coach today.

Yes I do.  Mavs Coach Carlisle hasn't exactly set the world on fire in the last five years losing in the first round in four years and not making the playoffs in 2013 .  Cuban has stuck with his man and so I'd disagree with the statement Cuban would have not have Crean around today.  I believe both Cuban & Glass look at the development of the entire program versus some of the immediate results of wins & losses that we as fans get emotionally exhausted over. 

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dallas_Mavericks_seasons

I didn't realize the last 4 of 5 games are on the road. No way this team makes the tournament.

If iu goes 4-4 in the last 8 games they are going to make the tournament. Whichever 4 teams they beat won't matter. 3 of those road games are against teams that have flaws like iu and will be winnable. Minny started out good but they are definitely not as good as their rpi rating, Ohio st is in just as big of mess as we are, and Iowa Fran will try to out run iu like h tries every year. I'm not saying we will win them but out of all the road games we would play in conference those would be the most winnable.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

17 minutes ago, maxwell said:

Yes I do.  Mavs Coach Carlisle hasn't exactly set the world on fire in the last five years losing in the first round in four years and not making the playoffs in 2013 .  Cuban has stuck with his man and so I'd disagree with the statement Cuban would have not have Crean around today.  I believe both Cuban & Glass look at the development of the entire program versus some of the immediate results of wins & losses that we as fans get emotionally exhausted over. 

Well, aren't you just a ray of sunshine on this dark and gloomy thread!  Bravo!

The dude fired Avery Johnson who had a 75 win percentage. If you think he'd keep crean and his barely .500 then idk what to tell you. He didn't get it done in the playoffs is the main reason so I have no doubt in my mind that he'd fire someone for not getting it done in the regular season. The only reason Carlisle is still around is probably because he won a championship