Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

19 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I would too but Calipari isn't one of them. I would never want to hear "the greatest day for IU basketball is when we had X amount of players drafted in the first round." I want to win at an elite level but that's not the way I want to do it. There's a huge difference between not being clean and Calipari, some might not differentiate the two but I do.

I would like a coach Bennet style program where players stick around and develop. It would be cool to follow "unknowns" that were the fourth or fifth recruit in a recruiting class, didn't do much as underclassman, and then were the glue guys as upperclassmen. I think the difference between coach Bennet at UVA and IU would be him getting one or two high level recruits that could play a big role in a tourney run. I'm thinking Wiscy the last few years under Ryan.

Agree. Bennett would do well at IU I believe. His defense and AH home court would equal much success.

4 minutes ago, Fulkme15 said:

Fred Hoiberg? Could see him wanting to go back to college, his Bulls are falling apart. I liked him when he was at Iowa State.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'd stay away from him. I don't think he could handle a "top" program like IU. Plus, I don't think the Bulls let go of someone they just signed for five years. 

I'd stay away from him. I don't think he could handle a "top" program like IU. Plus, I don't think the Bulls let go of someone they just signed for five years. 

I live in Chicago - Hoi, Gar and Paxson are all gone at end of the season, if not sooner. Hoi will be Illinois' next coach, IMO.

While there were some people who didn't want him, there sure seemed to be some people who thought it would be a great hire. I agree. Crean could lead them to the dance each year. Can't say they will win a game there but they will be there with Crean.

What is it about Missouri that would make Crean a shoe in to make the tourney each year when he can't do it at Indiana?

What is it about Missouri that would make Crean a shoe in to make the tourney each year when he can't do it at Indiana?

Easier conference, easier to hide the cupcakes in the preseason. Plus, he seems to recruit decently around that area. Not saying he will do anything in the dance, but I'd say it would be easier for him there than it is here.

Good for him. It's still messed up that a college basketball coach chose Washington st instead of iu just like it is messed up northwestern is a 6 point favorite over iu in basketball

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I certainly agree with the later point. We should never be an underdog to Northwestern, especially +7.5 is what I saw earlier

Good for him. It's still messed up that a college basketball coach chose Washington st instead of iu just like it is messed up northwestern is a 6 point favorite over iu in basketball

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Bennett knew he would get bigger offers it wasn't like it was IU or WSU.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

If a new coach is hired not everyone is going to be happy. There will be complaints about anyone unless it's Stevens maybe, but I don't see him coming to IU or any other college program soon. He has got a good thing going in Boston and is just getting started.

I feel like Alford is the best option. I just believe it would be great for him and IU. He's recruiting lights out at UCLA and could see him doing the same here.

If a new coach is hired not everyone is going to be happy. There will be complaints about anyone unless it's Stevens maybe, but I don't see him coming to IU or any other college program soon. He has got a good thing going in Boston and is just getting started.

I feel like Alford is the best option. I just believe it would be great for him and IU. He's recruiting lights out at UCLA and could see him doing the same here.

There is much more than recruiting in coaching and he has failed miserably in almost every area other than recruiting. A polite no thank you for me. Beyond the rape case at Iowa, every school he has been at has been left in a worse spot than it was when he got there. I think the only exception was Manchester College.