Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

I haven't missed an IU game at Northwestern in the past 12 years, until now (not going tomorrow).  Watching the broken record of Tom Crean coaching mistakes has finally sapped my passion.  The Illinois comparison is scary.  But yes, we're heading there and I hope Glass will come around to that fact sooner rather than later.

"But we're selling a good amount of tickets " -Fred Glass (it's something close to that)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

"But we're selling a good amount of tickets " -Fred Glass (it's something close to that)

We are. We are in the top 15 in attendance every year since Assembly Hall has opened in 1972. Attendance will always be there and won't drive change.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

How messed up is it that even Mizzou fans don't want him?

about as messed up as a Washington State coach turning down and not wanting to be the coach at IU to stay the coach at Washington State

about as messed up as a Washington State coach turning down and not wanting to be the coach at IU to stay the coach at Washington State

I think Bennett just didn't want to come into the chaos at the time. Every coach we offered then probably assumed the job would be back on the market after a few years anyways. I also heard something along the lines that the university did something to his sister. No clue what but that was a rumor.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I started to think last night though....when Calipari wanted to come here what if we did hire him? What would our program be like? I don't like the guy but that was one of the bigger misses. Kinda like giving up on a top recruit just to see him go elsewhere and become a superstar. Who knows.....if we choose Sampson at the time the past allegations against him can't really be used as a reason.

3 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

I think Bennett just didn't want to come into the chaos at the time. Every coach we offered then probably assumed the job would be back on the market after a few years anyways. I also heard something along the lines that the university did something to his sister. No clue what but that was a rumor.

His sister Kathi was fired as women's basketball coach.

I believe she was the women's coach and was fired but I am not certain.

I started to think last night though....when Calipari wanted to come here what if we did hire him? What would our program be like? I don't like the guy but that was one of the bigger misses. Kinda like giving up on a top recruit just to see him go elsewhere and become a superstar. Who knows.....if we choose Sampson at the time the past allegations against him can't really be used as a reason.

He wanted to come here?

I'm on team Alford at this point. I know some aren't fans but he's won everywhere he has been. I think it would be good for the program and fan base to have an IU guy at the helm. Maybe I'm wrong but I think if IU asks then he would come.

Wasn't that on the heels of the Derrick Rose SAT investigation that Memphis got in trouble for but Teflon left scot free? With us in NCAA purgatory, that would've been a tough hire. Speaking of slime, didn't Slick Rick have an interest at the time as well?

I'm on team Alford at this point. I know some aren't fans but he's won everywhere he has been. I think it would be good for the program and fan base to have an IU guy at the helm. Maybe I'm wrong but I think if IU asks then he would come.

UCLA to Indiana seems like a downgrade, especially the way they have been playing and the recruits they have coming in.

If by winning u mean making 3 sweet 16's then yes he has won everywhere he has been but that kind of feels like we already have that here ( except crean didn't cover up a crime)

9 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Wasn't that on the heels of the Derrick Rose SAT investigation that Memphis got in trouble for but Teflon left scot free? With us in NCAA purgatory, that would've been a tough hire. Speaking of slime, didn't Slick Rick have an interest at the time as well?

I think that was rumored.  It was rumored that Izzo did as well.

23 minutes ago, NateNoel said:

What did he win at Iowa? Other than being a piece of crap for how he handled that whole rape situation. 

38 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

If Calipari had came here we'd likely have a few more banners hanging in Assembly Hall right now. What could've been...