Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Don't be foolish. If Crean coaches his way off the hot seat no one will be upset because that means IU is winning.

I don't understand what some of you "positive" posters are thinking . Do you truly believe any IU fan whether they want Crean gone or not is wanting IU to lose? Also a half season didn't put Crean on the hot seat so a good second half shouldn't pull him off of it either.

There are a big chunk of fans rooting for IU to lose. See: Peegs, Twitter

Which is exactly what I said in the last sentence of my post. The B1G title means much less if there is a first round exit in the tourny. Does not mean we can't enjoy this until Selection Sunday.

Those who are so foolish, that think their opinion is the only valuable point. All viewpoints are welcomed here. The different points bring perspective. Even yours, who wants to gloat, a little bit.

Those who are so foolish, that think their opinion is the only valuable point. All viewpoints are welcomed here. The different points bring perspective. Even yours, who wants to gloat, a little bit.

There always has to be multiple viewpoints, these forums would be extremely boring if every just agreed with each other.

As far as the gloating I am doing....We should all be gloating shouldnt we? We just won the B1G outright, is that not something to be happy with? Especially since we have a decent amount of time until our next game.

I understand why there are people that think CTC is not the answer for our program, obviously I think otherwise but that does not mean I think my view is better than anyones. We should be focused on the fact that we have a team playing as well as pretty much anyone in the country, even without our starting SG. A team that has a chance to get a 2 seed in the tourny and plays the kind of defense and shoots the ball like championship teams do. 

This is my last post in here, I love this fanbase and all the different views but I am too happy to argue. So I will see myself out, Go Hoosiers and Ladies and Gents its the best time of the year.

There always has to be multiple viewpoints, these forums would be extremely boring if every just agreed with each other.

As far as the gloating I am doing....We should all be gloating shouldnt we? We just won the B1G outright, is that not something to be happy with? Especially since we have a decent amount of time until our next game.

I understand why there are people that think CTC is not the answer for our program, obviously I think otherwise but that does not mean I think my view is better than anyones. We should be focused on the fact that we have a team playing as well as pretty much anyone in the country, even without our starting SG. A team that has a chance to get a 2 seed in the tourny and plays the kind of defense and shoots the ball like championship teams do. 

This is my last post in here, I love this fanbase and all the different views but I am too happy to argue. So I will see myself out, Go Hoosiers and Ladies and Gents its the best time of the year.

I love that fact that we are able to be boastful today.  I will definitely take this over the long drought from the mid 90's until 2011.  That said, I think some have what might be considered unreasonable expectations.  Even the great RMK "only" had 11 Big Ten titles in 29 years at the school, and 3 national championships (the raw numbers look good, but with that conversion rate there would have certainly been a "Fire Bob Knight" thread by the mid 1990's).  Given the steaming pile that Crean was given, and the fact that he has 2 Big Ten championships in 4 years, his numbers don't look too bad.  I would argue that they certainly aren't bad enough to pull the trigger on the man.  Now I have to get back to gloating.

Since this is a Crean thread, since he came in 08 he has done something neither Izzo, Beilein, or Matta have done and won multiple conference titles. That at least is solid.

Izzo and Matta are the only two active coaches other than Crean to win multiple outright B1G titles. Wrote a short piece on my website about it yesterday. Maybe it was good luck.

CREAN is Greenberg's NCOY pick.

NCOY can go two ways in my opinion: 1) Coach who absolutely dominates entire year 2) Coach with a great underdog/turnaround story

No one has truly been dominant this year, and I think Crean and the Hoosiers probably have the best comeback story. 

NCOY can go two ways in my opinion: 1) Coach who absolutely dominates entire year 2) Coach with a great underdog/turnaround story

No one has truly been dominant this year, and I think Crean and the Hoosiers probably have the best comeback story.

I think he 100% deserves it. It's been said enough, but this turnaround has been wild.

This thread will never go away until Crean brings banner 6 home. And even then....I'm not so sure. Right now, I'm just happy for the team's success and Crean is a part of that.

This is obviously a huge if, but if we were to win a national title and this thread kept on going, then we would truly have some of the dumbest fans in sports.

As for right now, I get it.

I think he 100% deserves it. It's been said enough, but this turnaround has been wild.

I am in no way comparing style of play with this comparison but the 12-13 Louisville Cardinals come to mind of just struggling through Nov, Dec. Then playing better in Jan before handling people in Feb then March. They too had Senior leadership and solid role players with good not great talent. Let's hope for a similar outcome.

I have been very critical of coach Crean for the last few seasons. I will admit he had me with his orientation "It's Indiana, It's Indiana ) but I fell off the wagon when we lost to Syracuse and looked to be worn out when it's time to make a run every season . Substitution patterns along with the out of the country projects had wore me down. Since then Crean has grown as a coach. He has improved in so many areas and I believe as much of a man crush I have on Stevens, I don't feel there is another coach out there I would take today. Izzo and coach K are in a league of there own and will retire from their school. I feel the criticizm for Crean was deserved, but now it's time to back off and let him do his thing. To win the Big Ten outright with out your leading scorer is excellent coaching and there's not a dang one of us that can defend that.

I have been very critical of coach Crean for the last few seasons. I will admit he had me with his orientation "It's Indiana, It's Indiana ) but I fell off the wagon when we lost to Syracuse and looked to be worn out when it's time to make a run every season . Substitution patterns along with the out of the country projects had wore me down. Since then Crean has grown as a coach. He has improved in so many areas and I believe as much of a man crush I have on Stevens, I don't feel there is another coach out there I would take today. Izzo and coach K are in a league of there own and will retire from their school. I feel the criticizm for Crean was deserved, but now it's time to back off and let him do his thing. To win the Big Ten outright with out your leading scorer is excellent coaching and there's not a dang one of us that can defend that.

you fell off when we lost to Syracuse? You mean when we won the big ten outright? So why not wait to see if we get a 2 or 3 seed and look lost playing nobody state and lose by 20? That is what baffles me we have done nothing but set up for a great finish but if we don't why keep crean.

you fell off when we lost to Syracuse? You mean when we won the big ten outright? So why not wait to see if we get a 2 or 3 seed and look lost playing nobody state and lose by 20? That is what baffles me we have done nothing but set up for a great finish but if we don't why keep crean.

I guess I should have said started to fall off after we lost that game. The last 3 years was the bulk of my sadness.

I guess I should have said started to fall off after we lost that game. The last 4 years was the bulk of my sadness.

I guess I am just a crusader to keep emotions in check lol. We have been here before I just hope crean can put it all togeather and finish it strong because if we flop in the big dance a outright Big Ten won't mean as much to some fans imo

For the record my beef has always been that Crean, with all the talent in the world has not been able to get passed the sweet sixteen with us. With our resources and money pouring in that should not happen.
Big ten titles are nice but I think it says more if u can beat teams outside your league. If u go deep it says that your team can handle and compete with teams with different styles of play and coaches that employ different philosophies. To me that's the true test.
I will say this though if this team goes to the elite eight- to final four I'm happy and there's no room for anyone to complain. This team feels different and some how compared to all his previous teams, coach Crean has finally changed his tactics and if he stays the course with those tactics I think it will help him achieve continued success. I mean that defense looks great, I'd think you'd be lying to yourself if you said iu has played that type of team defense in coach Crean's tenure. His substitutions are also more balanced ( still needs help there ) and the time out to try to stop Iowa's run in the second half... Who saw that coming. I'm hoping he gave in to his stubbornness and decided to change a bit . I hope goes far.