Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Let's just change this to the the "How Do You Feel About Tom Crean Today?" thread. We play into the level of competition so hard. Great game tonight. Hope we close out the rest of the year this way.

you don't want to know how I feel about tom crean today lol. Poor game management tonight imo.

Welcome to the club brother. Forecast looks like another year of crean though :/

No doubt - I don't think Donovan or BS are ready to come back in any event, so we r looking at a lame duck.

I do love that we generally graduate kids and I applaud Crean's obvious passion for being accountable and building a great program.  I don't like the way he's doing it, and I don't think he can do what we need done consistently with this formula; but he's done a lot of things well.   That said, he's done a few very important things poorly; which is why his seat's hot.  And why people will continue to stay on his case until he proves changes have been made.  I am not currently on the "fire him" bandwagon, but if this team doesn't make a serious run and finish 1st or 2nd in the Big Ten, I really don't know how anyone wouldn't be.  Making the NCAA Tournament is not the bar, here.

I will start by saying that I am and have been on the "fire him" bandwagon for a few seasons now.

We do graduate kids to an extent, if you would look over the rosters of people that transfer out (whether it be forced or not) that rate would go down drastically. I do not think that he has been very accountable during the last few years though. Being accountable would be him stepping up and taking some of the blame after a loss and not throwing some players under the bus every time. That is another one of my major complaints about him. Your getting 3.5 million dollars a year step up and take some blame and at least deflect it from the kids playing for you. I also do not think that he has fully held the kids under him accountable for their actions. He can say all he wants that punishment has been dealt with "in house" or whatever he wants, but when you have the kinds of problems that have happened during his tenure you let these kids know they are not going to get away with it. You come out and punish the kids and make them sit a game or two. That shows the recruits coming in that your not going to deal with this type of behavior, and there will be consequences. While that might hurt his recruiting for some of the players, I am sure we would get more players that would not get in these types of situations. If them coming here is hinged on that they can get away with certain things is that really the type of player that we want? 

I wasn't super excited after Michigan nor am I upset or surprised after Penn St. This IS Tom Crean. For 30 years my winters were planned around IU basketball. Now, I can take it or leave it. Crean's tenure has effectively extinguished my fire for IU basketball.

Same here. I did not even watch the game last night. Actually have probably watched less than a whole game this whole season if you combined the time I watched.

Fred Glass from March 26, 2015:

"My goals for this program are to perenially contend for and to win multiple Big Ten championships, regularly go deep in the NCAA tournament and win our next national championship," Glass said. "Be elite, if you will. As a lifelong Hoosier and IU basketball fan, alumnus and current AD, nobody wants that more than me.

Given the disasters of the previous two seasons, I don't see how anything short of a 2nd or 3rd place B1G finish coupled with an Elite 8 run could save his job. Given the above parameters, I'm not even sure if those accomplishments should suffice.It's put up or shut up time.

I wasn't super excited after Michigan nor am I upset or surprised after Penn St. This IS Tom Crean. For 30 years my winters were planned around IU basketball. Now, I can take it or leave it. Crean's tenure has effectively extinguished my fire for IU basketball.

I can't understand this. I get the frustration but NOTHING could diminish my love for iubb.

I think the fouls stats show why we lost the game . After last nights performance this thread should go dormant for awhile .

I think the 10 or 11 turnovers in the first 10 minutes is why we lost the game.  You give a lessor talented team the hope they can hang with you, and they will.  

Unfortunately I feel exactly the same way.