Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

For all those people that hate Dakich and misappropriate his intentions. This is a must listen.. This guy gets it.

@ChronicHoosier: Missed this earlier, but Dan Dakich went all in on Bob Knight's hypocrisy today. Like, balls deep. https://t.co/kZkIYMrIvk #dayum #iubb

Freaking awesome. Seriously. 12 mins you must take out of your life to listen. Preach on Dan!!!!!

Sad to see about Andrew Smith.

In other news, Crean and the boys have started off good in the B1G. Although we've played some of the cupcakes of the league , we've shown little improvement game to game.

I have a feeling Crean will be able to pull off something that will keep him from losing his job this summer.

We could (and probably should) start conference play 9-0 and and could lose 7 of the last 9. Then, you have tourney play which I'm confident will be a fail. Have to let it play out. I'm fairly confident we may still see a coaching change.

We could (and probably should) start conference play 9-0 and and could lose 7 of the last 9. Then, you have tourney play which I'm confident will be a fail. Have to let it play out. I'm fairly confident we may still see a coaching change.

I agree that we have to watch this play out. Last year the media and many fans were singing Crean's praises and shaming his opposition after the Maryland win. Then we went on to play one of the worst stretches of basketball that I've ever watched Indiana play. He has a long way to go. He has to be judged by the season in it's entirety.  I will say this: Crean has a GOLDEN opportunity to save his job at Indiana. The insanely favorable schedule, paired with the fact that there is truly not even 1 elite team, really opens the door for him. It also means that its time to produce some results. There will be no other direction to deflect blame if this season becomes a failure.  Time to get it done.

Have to think going 2-7 is a lot more likely that 9-0 to start. I still think we finish 10-8 at best tbh

I still say 12 wins. Hey Schoosier how unrealistic am I still being? Remember?

Edit: well I guess I said that and 7-0 start and I was being unrealistic. He said at best 5-2... But yet I wouldn't be the one upset if we went 6-1 either.

I see us finishing at 11-7 in conference.

I think we do better than that, even if it's only 12-6.  But let's say we do finish 11-7 in conference.

That puts us at 21-10 for the regular season.  Say we win one in the BTT then lose the next, putting us at 22-11 going into the NCAA Tournament as maybe a 7 or 8 seed.

Win one game in the tournament, then lose the next, resulting in a 23-12 season record.

It's crazy because if you look at his Marquette records, he averaged that for his career there: 21 wins and 10 losses.

I wonder what we do if this hypothetical plays out.  If we move on, he moves on, or he is retained for next year and beyond.  It sucks because we have the talent to be a 2 or 3 seed in the tournament and a top 10 team right now, but I don't know if we'll get to that point this year.

I think we do better than that, even if it's only 12-6.  But let's say we do finish 11-7 in conference.

That puts us at 21-10 for the regular season.  Say we win one in the BTT then lose the next, putting us at 22-11 going into the NCAA Tournament as maybe a 7 or 8 seed.

Win one game in the tournament, then lose the next, resulting in a 23-12 season record.

It's crazy because if you look at his Marquette records, he averaged that for his career there: 21 wins and 10 losses.

I wonder what we do if this hypothetical plays out.  If we move on, he moves on, or he is retained for next year and beyond.  It sucks because we have the talent to be a 2 or 3 seed in the tournament and a top 10 team right now, but I don't know if we'll get to that point this year.

Revisit this in 3 months and I bet you are real close.

I'm willing to put it out there...

20 bucks...to the 1st person that wants some action on this...
the bet is as follows...
this thread and topic are ongoing this time next year, with the same complaints, and that TC is still head coach at IU...

We could go 16-2 in B1G and the same people would have the same complaints cause they have their mind made up. I don't see any change being made this year. Every game I have been to Crean was respected.

We could go 16-2 in B1G and the same people would have the same complaints cause they have their mind made up. I don't see any change being made this year. Every game I have been to Crean was respected.

I'm going to up the ante...

I'm willing to bet that this same thread is running active in Jan,2018...with the same coach of Tom Crean at the helm...

edit...I just realized something...given the lifespan of fanpages...Tom Crean is the odds on favorite to outlast this site...

I'm sure to make some enemies...

Are the complaints not warranted? It seems like you keep trying to call people out but people arent calling for his job for no reason. You're trying to make it seems like everyone's opinion is wrong because he'll likely be back. Which makes absolutely no sense. I think he'll likely be back too but that doesn't mean he should be.

Are the complaints not warranted? It seems like you keep trying to call people out but people arent calling for his job for no reason. You're trying to make it seems like everyone's opinion is wrong because he'll likely be back. Which makes absolutely no sense. I think he'll likely be back too but that doesn't mean he should be.

I'm just stating that he will be back...does it really matter why?

IU and Glass have shown their hand...is all I'm saying.

I'm just stating that he will be back...does it really matter why?
IU and Glass have shown their hand...is all I'm saying.

Say more. Why do you have any reason to think that?

And of course it matters why. You're either just saying vague things to irritate others or you're trying to have a conversation.

I'm going to up the ante...

I'm willing to bet that this same thread is running active in Jan,2018...with the same coach of Tom Crean at the helm...

edit...I just realized something...given the lifespan of fanpages...Tom Crean is the odds on favorite to outlast this site...

I'm sure to make some enemies...

Goodness, if we're still having this conversation about Crean in 2018 one of two things will have happened.

1)  IU flips the middle finger to its entire fanbase saying "hey, we're still making money, we don't care about being a top notch B1G program."  or

2)  Crean and "insert elite coach" run into each other and he becomes elite at running and coach a college program

absolutely, me included. If he does that consistently then my dismay will be null. One 16-2 in conference performance in 8 seasons means very little. We don't have to ever worry about this though so this is a moot point

Goodness, if we're still having this conversation about Crean in 2018 one of two things will have happened.

1)  IU flips the middle finger to its entire fanbase saying "hey, we're still making money, we don't care about being a top notch B1G program."  or

2)  Crean and "insert elite coach" run into each other and he becomes elite at running and coach a college program

Will the second one be more of a Freaky Friday body switch or a Space Jam talent drain?