Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

You know as well as I do, that these young kids are easily bored. You cannot show them these old clips, tell the old stories, without them shutting it out. They have to search out the information to make it meaningful. But they certainly can be told about traditions.

I mean I'm 23 and I don't really shut out stories of the old IU teams, or clips, or replays of those games. 

I'd like to think that kids who want to make a living out of actually playing the game are pretty much the same, if not more inclined to do so.

Crean got these guys focused on the defensive side of the ball tonight. We've finally seen a good defensive effort, unfortunately we are seeing one or the other. Time to see good O and D

It's the personnel now being used!

Rojo, OG, and Juwan are sucking up JBJ's minutes, and those are probably the three best defenders on the team.

Don't believe me?

OG and Juwan guarded Nigel Hayes down the stretch, not Collin or Troy.

3-0 in the B1G without JBJ...
time to change this thread to "Extend Tom Crean Thread"?

Lol. No. We still haven't played a good team in conference. When quality teams show up on the schedule the losses will come. Also, it's January and Crean has historically done wel in January. Come back in Febuary when the swoon is in effect.

Lol. No. We still haven't played a good team in conference. When quality teams show up on the schedule the losses will come. Also, it's January and Crean has historically done wel in January. Come back in Febuary when the swoon is in effect.

damn...

that's some damp towel truth right there!

This. We've played Rutgers, Nebraska and a not that good Wisconsin.

And Wisconsin missed several good looks, though to be fair so did we.

I still want him fired.

want in one hand and wish in the other, and see which one fills up first.

this topic is dead in 2016...

the problem is that IU is going to achieve just enough...

what a conundrum we are in as IU fans... 

we can't wish them to lose, lest we look like fools...but if too successful...then...well, you know.

yes, and my point is this...
looks like Ground Hog day extends into 2017...and maybe beyond

Doubt it. Things will be fine until Feb. Looking at the schedule we will play sub .500 ball to finish the schedule, 4-5 in the last 9. Barring a run in the Big Ten Tourny or NCAA tournament, the seat will be very very hot. Our freshmen are playing well and haven't hit the "freshmen wall" yet.

If Crean has figured out a way to build towards the end of the season, then you are definitely right. He will be back. I'm just banking on history, that the team will be ground down the later part of the schedule and the teams we face will be better as well.

Doubt it. Things will be fine until Feb. Looking at the schedule we will play sub .500 ball to finish the schedule, 4-5 in the last 9. Barring a run in the Big Ten Tourny or NCAA tournament, the seat will be very very hot. Our freshmen are playing well and haven't hit the "freshmen wall" yet.

If Crean has figured out a way to build towards the end of the season, then you are definitely right. He will be back. I'm just banking on history, that the team will be ground down the later part of the schedule and the teams we face will be better as well.

I respect this...

I agree with most of it too...

what I'm saying is, though...

IU will pull enough wins to keep him around...

odds are in his favor this year...down B1G year

I respect this...
I agree with most of it too...
what I'm saying is, though...
IU will pull enough wins to keep him around...
odds are in his favor this year...down B1G year

While I see what you are saying, I don't think it will come down to overall record for the season. My opinion is he needs to win the conference or make a final four to save his job. Even if that's not it, struggling down the stretch and an early exit in the dance is enough to see Glass pull the trigger on a change.