Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

I hope you guys are not jinxing us and notre dame defense don't wind up looking like one of the elite in the counrty tomorrow lol

Dude you know some reserve is gonna bust out in a 7-9 from deep and we will all be pissed. We may win or lose but I expect that.

My guess is Jackson. Indiana kid playing in an all Hoosier tourney. Will be guarded by JBJ alot. Good recipe for large numbers.

Jackson is their best offensive player. He's going to have good numbers anyway.

One of the Matt's would be my guess. For no particular reason.

Took this from ESPN.com's front page:

Brad Stevens on anniversary of Rondo/Crowder trade: "We traded a very impactful player here for a lot of years. But I think that I feel good about, even after a couple of games lost in a row, when I'm not feeling as good about life, I feel really good about our progress that has been made regardless."

Am I reading that correctly, that he's not feeling as good about life?  If so, wonder what that's about...

Jackson is their best offensive player. He's going to have good numbers anyway.

One of the Matt's would be my guess. For no particular reason.

Agreed he is definitely their best offensive player. I was just thinking he would have exceptional night since he is playing IU in an all Indiana tournament. It just seems to go that way with the Indiana kids that play us. He has had 2-20 pt 1-21 pt and a 27-pt game against St Francis-PA. My guess would be he would be closer to the 27 pt performance than the 20 pt or 17.8 he averages against us.

I have also predicted this to happen with Jaquan Lyle when we play OSU, but he has not been tearing it up too much here lately.

Both the Matt's have a double digit performance respectively against IL & Iowa. So you could be on to something there too. Another Indiana boy is the Beachem kid, he average about 30 min a game though. 

Brad Stevens on anniversary of Rondo/Crowder trade: "We traded a very impactful player here for a lot of years. But I think that I feel good about, even after a couple of games lost in a row, when I'm not feeling as good about life, I feel really good about our progress that has been made regardless."

Am I reading that correctly, that he's not feeling as good about life?  If so, wonder what that's about...

Hopefully he just misses the state of Indiana so much he can't stand it.

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Hopefully he just misses the state of Indiana so much he can't stand it.

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Yeah hopefully, I read that statement a few times to make sure I was understanding it correctly.

Come home Brad :)

Crazy to think that at least 3 B1G jobs could be in play after the season: Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin.

My read is that after losing a couple in a row he's not as happy as when he wins a couple in a row.

That having been said, I hope he loses a bunch a bunch a bunch in a row.

My guess is Jackson. Indiana kid playing in an all Hoosier tourney. Will be guarded by JBJ alot. Good recipe for large numbers.

If anyone other than Yogi or Rob guard Jackson, Crean should be fired on the spot.

Here's something I have been pondering for awhile.. Say Stevens does decide to return to college basketball next summer.. But it is not to IU. How do people react? I have no sources saying he will or won't it is just something I have been thinking about for awhile.

Here's something I have been pondering for awhile.. Say Stevens does decide to return to college basketball next summer.. But it is not to IU. How do people react? I have no sources saying he will or won't it is just something I have been thinking about for awhile.

I think there are only two schools he would go to, both of which are in your username. 

I'm 99% convinced that Duke will hire from within the "family", and I'm 99% convinced that if Stevens comes back to college he'll be the next Coach K. I have no feeling on whether he'll come back to college or not though. I can't imagine the uproar if he comes back somewhere else. 

I think there are only two schools he would go to, both of which are in your username. 

If Stevens were to come back to college and Indiana let it be anywhere other than Bloomington, every single employee in the athletic office and president's office should be fired immediately.  Indiana men's basketball is, like it or not, by far the University's most visible entity.  Stevens is the only answer until he says he isn't, and money cannot be the reason he doesn't come; we can't let facilities, resources, or anything else be the reason.  Indiana needs to make itself a job he can't refuse if indeed he will come back to college.