Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Shared revenue. Cut that 14 ways.

I just did some really quick math (my head hurts) and it looks like we should be getting between 4-5 million from bowl season. Each power 5 conference gets 50 million from the playoff share, 6 million per playoff participant, and 4 million each per New Years 6 bowl team. I could've fudged that up, but counting us and not the non-Iowa, OSU, MSU bowlers that comes out to 66 million split 14 ways.

...maybe

Seriously? I thought that was just for the big-time bowl games and revenue from the BTN.

We still get a cut from Iowa, MSU, and OSU's major bowl game payouts then too.  Not too shabby.

It's a nice payday, no doubt.  All the revenue earned from the 10 bowls are shared among all 14 teams.

Seriously? I thought that was just for the big-time bowl games and revenue from the BTN.

We still get a cut from Iowa, MSU, and OSU's major bowl game payouts then too. Not too shabby.

Yep. That's why being good at football pays. Our revenue from basketball attendance is a little more than half of what we will get for making a bowl. Donations come mostly for basketball but football brings in a lot when you make a bowl.

I just did some really quick math (my head hurts) and it looks like we should be getting between 4-5 million from bowl season. Each power 5 conference gets 50 million from the playoff share, 6 million per playoff participant, and 4 million each per New Years 6 bowl team. I could've fudged that up, but counting us and not the non-Iowa, OSU, MSU bowlers that comes out to 66 million split 14 ways.

...maybe

That adds up to 4.7 million, which if my math adds up to enough to do what the thread topic is!

That adds up to 4.7 million, which if my math adds up to enough to do what the thread topic is!

And it's actually more than that because I didn't add up the Minnesota and Michigans of the B1G into that equation. :)

And it's actually more than that because I didn't add up the Minnesota and Michigans of the B1G into that equation. :)

Hold that thought, because it looks like we'll get even more. I didn't think all 14 B1G schools split the revenue equally, so a quick Google search turned up an article with the below information:

Maryland and Rutgers (and Nebraska) are not eligible for full shares of the Big Ten revenue pie.

Nebraska is scheduled to receive its first full revenue share in 2018. Maryland and Rutgers will be eligible for a full share in 2021.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/18/big-ten-revenue-shares-jump-to-32-million-per-school/

Hold that thought, because it looks like we'll get even more. I didn't think all 14 B1G schools split the revenue equally, so a quick Google search turned up an article with the below information:

Maryland and Rutgers (and Nebraska) are not eligible for full shares of the Big Ten revenue pie.
Nebraska is scheduled to receive its first full revenue share in 2018. Maryland and Rutgers will be eligible for a full share in 2021.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/18/big-ten-revenue-shares-jump-to-32-million-per-school/

Ohhhh good catch. Didn't think about that.