Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

I don't really care whether you are offended and you are the one who is ignorant. I support IU not a car salesman. Guess what I am a Christian but I don't use it as a gimmick to garner support or prop up my image.

That's fine....but it's still an offensive post and has been hidden.  Consider this your warning. 

i am treading carefully here but your final sentence I agree with. You can never fully tell motive but sometimes it's questionable. Idk. I don't want to make these broad of assumptions though because he is who he is and I can't ever fully know his true feelings. I WILL say, I know dentists and doctors that attend churches solely for marketing and imaging.

"I don't want to make assumptions, but I agree with the assumption that you made that Crean uses religion to gain support."

I don't really care whether you are offended and you are the one who is ignorant. I support IU not a car salesman. Guess what I am a Christian but I don't use it as a gimmick to garner support or prop up my image.

You have facts? Please share. You wanna make assumptions about someone's personal life? Get your trash outta here.

You also just mentioned that you're a Christian in an attempt to defend your position and garner support for it. OH THE IRONY!

"I don't want to make assumptions, but I agree with the assumption that you made that Crean uses religion to gain support."

wrong interpretation. I am saying I don't like when people use religion as a gimmick. Separately I explained I will never know Crean's true feelings. I AM not saying that is why Crean does it, BUT if it was, I don't like it.

Side note. I don't think that is why he does it but I do think he is smart enough to know it helps. I trust he is truly a religious man.

Edit- we good WBD?

Ok he I guess he didn't recruit all this talent we got on the floor? Yogi isn't a leader? And you know he does get them prepared. He is absolutely terrible in game coach

Yogi's a leader?  Really?  Not according to his coach considering Tom Crean himself said this team has no leaders.  Let's break it down, shall we?  "This team has no leadership", according to Crean himself, and Yogi is part of the team ergo Yogi isn't a leader (or not much of one).  I know, I know, that's not glowing of Yogi and is therefore frowned upon by some on this board but it's coming from the coach himself.

And no Crean is not a "boss" recruiter.  He's good, not great.  He's good at getting kids to say yes, but he's not particularly good at balancing classes or putting together a well constructed roster; both of which are part of recruiting.  He also totally whiffed on the 2012 class sans one player which has to be a knock against him.  We really overrate how good of a recruiter he is.  He's good at getting kids to commit because he could sell ice to an eskimo, but there is more to recruiting than that.

That's fine....but it's still an offensive post and has been hidden. Consider this your warning.

Well here is your warning. I don't like being censored or told what I am allowed to say. So your forum is now deleted from my life. Too many Crean lovers trying to control the debate. Too bad you can't control the future but his days are numbered. He divided our fan base and that is his legacy. My last post.

Well here is your warning. I don't like being censored or told what I am allowed to say. So your forum is now deleted from my life. Too many Crean lovers trying to control the debate. Too bad you can't control the future but his days are numbered. He divided our fan base and that is his legacy. My last post.

Guys, please take this seriously. He's the life blood of the IUBB online community.

you will be missed dearly

Based on listening to Jay Will today I vote him to be next coach. He is VERY smart. Players would respect him. Man, I think he would be an amazing coach. Get him some stud recruiting asst coaches.

What are the odds?

Eh, it was people extrapolating that from a few Crean quotes.  It was Crean being good at what he's always been good at, talking.

Unless it's a post game presser where he shows his true class and can never comment about the game he just coached. His "I will have to look at the game tape" for any question regarding game strategy, etc... shows he doesn't coach but spectates. He's a clappy cheerleader who is great at grandstanding, relentlessly pacing, pulling out notecards, or chugging his Diet Cokes. Other than those he is also mostly known for his blow by handshakes or going off on our competition's assistant coaches. No one has ever said they were out coached by a Tom Crean team. Even with superior talent year after year, he still can't regularly win. I want his cheer buddy Glass gone too. I'm happy he was also on this trip to fully take in what his contract has gotten us.