Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

I swear an article was on here a couple of weeks ago talking about Tom Crean finally getting things figured out as a person and a coach. He really had me thinking he finally matured as a coach (even after 20 yrs) and he was going to get over the hump this year. That was for sure some BS.

Crean must be crapping his extra baggy shorts about this matchup with UNLV.

"I really wanted Stephen Zimmerman, missed there. I really wanted Goodluck Okonoboh. He stinks anyway and we don't need rebounders. I would have never dreamed of going for Derrick Jones. Oh yeah, Dwayne Morgan. Forgot about him. We recruited him too? Oh boy".

Just having fun here guys. Don't go crazy on me.

[quote name="HoosierTrav" post="213599" timestamp="1448332538"][quote name="Whoozhers" post="213341" timestamp="1448324809"]That was the worst drawn up play equal to the Colts punt debacle.
I tell you folks.... The tenor of the game was set when JBJ got the ball stolen from behind in the first half. NO other team allows that to happen. It's 2014/2015 all over again. I wouldn't chant Crean sucks at his son/daughter's high school game. But, I sure as hell will say it here.... CREAN SUCKS!
Stop the BS at IU and Go get BS.... Brad Stevens!![/

That's the dream...... And why I delusionally my keep my avatar as BS. BUT...... It's not happening anytime soon. He is in the middle of building a legitimate contender for the Boston Celtics and he looks like he's having a lot of fun.[/quote]And I will keep my avatar until this loser of a coach is gone. As I have said many times before, Crean would be outcoached by most middle school coaches in Indiana. He has no concept of game strategy, half time adjustments, or the use of a time out. That's before you get into his 500 page playbook all the while still running the Harlem Globetrotters offensive weave in year 8. Curly Neal and Meadowlark Lemon just face palm.

I find this in poor taste, ignorant and horribly offensive.

I don't really care whether you are offended and you are the one who is ignorant. I support IU not a car salesman. Guess what I am a Christian but I don't use it as a gimmick to garner support or prop up my image.

Based on listening to Jay Will today I vote him to be next coach. He is VERY smart. Players would respect him. Man, I think he would be an amazing coach. Get him some stud recruiting asst coaches.

I still think the ghost of John Wooden would be a great hire! Is he still available or did someone pick him up this year. Bring in Jackie Moon as a assistant with the idea that he will take over for Wooden when he retires.

ame="HoosierTrav" post="213599" timestamp="1448332538"]And I will keep my avatar until this loser of a coach is gone. As I have said many times before, Crean would be outcoached by most middle school coaches in Indiana. He has no concept of game strategy, half time adjustments, or the use of a time out. That's before you get into his 500 page playbook all the while still running the Harlem Globetrotters offensive weave in year 8. Curly Neal and Meadowlark Lemon just face palm.

This is the same offense we would run on the park courts of Broad Ripple many years ago. Alley ball

I don't really care whether you are offended and you are the one who is ignorant. I support IU not a car salesman. Guess what I am a Christian but I don't use it as a gimmick to garner support or prop up my image.

How does that have anything to do with it. I don't believe Crean gets a lot of support for being a bible thumper. He's one hell of a great guy. He just happens to suck at coaching basketball

i am treading carefully here but your final sentence I agree with. You can never fully tell motive but sometimes it's questionable. Idk. I don't want to make these broad of assumptions though because he is who he is and I can't ever fully know his true feelings. I WILL say, I know dentists and doctors that attend churches solely for marketing and imaging.

I swear an article was on here a couple of weeks ago talking about Tom Crean finally getting things figured out as a person and a coach. He really had me thinking he finally matured as a coach (even after 20 yrs) and he was going to get over the hump this year. That was for sure some BS.

Eh, it was people extrapolating that from a few Crean quotes.  It was Crean being good at what he's always been good at, talking.