Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Game Thread: Indiana vs Wisconsin (Tonight @ 6:30PM on BTN)

I understand. I will try better myself to clean up what I post during certain times

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You guys are fine. I understand why you guys want to happen what was happening. I just need to quit coming to the game threads. Because I knew it wasn't going to change this year. In the past I just enjoyed discussing the actual game with others wanting the same thing as me with this program. The last couple of months on this type of thread aren't for me.

32 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Well, that was fun. Nothing quite like spending the last couple of months in close quarters with others openly hoping we lose like they are fans of other teams. For my sake I hope we make a change to make game threads bearable again. I know I can't take another season of the board like this. I found Scout about 10 years ago, and began discussing all things IU with a group of fans that were fun to be around during the games. I understand wanting the change. I want it too. The games have been overboard. Much like recruiting threads, they should have been off limits imo.

Hope there are no hard feelings man. I tried to keep it out of the game threads as much as possible but I know I've failed at it. Just hard for me to keep it all separated. If he's back next year I won't waste the time/energy hoping for L's every game. I'll accept the situation and find another way to spend my time. 

Moving forward, Indiana needs to keep their players from jumping ship and into some "developmental league."  If this group returns - and I don't see one early draft pick among them, next year could be interesting.  (Wisconsin starts 3 seniors)

Hope there are no hard feelings man. I tried to keep it out of the game threads as much as possible but I know I've failed at it. Just hard for me to keep it all separated. If he's back next year I won't waste the time/energy hoping for L's every game. I'll accept the situation and find another way to spend my time. 

Same here. Sometimes you need to look at it from someone else's point of view.

There is none at all man. I completely understand why you guys were the way you were. I am just hopeful there is change. I should seriously just enjoy what I can of the games. Being pissed about the product, and then going through thread with that stuff is like a double kick in the nuts for me. There is a reason I can't sit in a room with fans from other teams if they are playing IU.

Same here. Sometimes you need to look at it from someone else's point of view.

You guys are good honestly. I don't want to come off as a self righteous Purdue Person either. I don't want it to sound like that. We all want the same thing.

4 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

There is none at all man. I completely understand why you guys were the way you were. I am just hopeful there is change. I should seriously just enjoy what I can of the games. Being pissed about the product, and then going through thread with that stuff is like a double kick in the nuts for me. There is a reason I can't sit in a room with fans from other teams if they are playing IU.

I think there will be a lot of change this offseason. There should be good times ahead for us. I feel not wanting to watch games with fans from other teams so hard. I had to watch the NBA finals alone in my room last summer because my roommates were all rooting for Golden State. I can't handle it lol. 

It's not about the attitudes or wants for the team. I am sorry you gathered that from what I said. I am specifically discussing the Game Threads. There are plenty of threads for discussing all things being Crean being fired. Why sit here for two hours during a game thread openly hoping we lose? Shouldn't that aspect to fans at least be sacred? Is there no respect for others trying to enjoy the games? All other aspects of this board are better since we stepped down as mods. 100%. This aspect imo took a step back. There was no discussion about the games. The last two months have been a group openly rooting every other team we are playing. 100% he should be fired, and probably should have after 2015. I am on an IU board, during an IU game thread. I don't want to see every other post cheering the other team. If that is the way it is, so be it. I think that is one area this site can improve. If it can't, then I am speaking to myself and will be quiet.

Thank you for writing this. I didn't have the guts because I've never posted tons. I have felt this way for months and hope something can be done to keep that stuff out of the game threads. I understand that it's an open forum and opinions vary but like MDN82, I think it comes down to respect. Respect for the posters, the team and the university. I loved this site. Loved it. You cannot understand what it meant for me to find this forum. Being hundreds of miles removed from Bloomington, I bled for anything where I could talk to Hoosier fans instead of Badger fans. The first forum I ever found was this one. It was like seeing the sun for the first time, I had no idea something like this existed. Being involved in the game threads this year has been a god damn embarrassment. It sickens me to see what has happened here. I'm talking game thread. I want the coach gone as much as anyone and make my opinion known in that thread. Last game I sat for two hours and read a 30 line conversation about Girl Scout cookies, in between guys rooting for Iowa. Please clean this up.

Any and every team that's consistently tough is more than Crean's Indiana teams can handle.  Wisconsin is the epitome.  They sprint back on defense and take away transition.  That's all any team has to do because IU's offense is so incredibly elementary and basic.   I have said this time and time and time again, going back to old sites years ago.  Look at IU's numbers v Wisconsin.  It's just not that hard.  Even when Zeller and Oladipo were here, we had 4 assists in a game.  Tonight we had 7.  You're just not going to beat that team off the dribble, and they take away transition.  It's been the same story for years; and I simply cannot believe Tom Crean can't see it.  Watch THEIR offense  (15 assists, by the way...7 turnovers.  We had 7 assists and 12 turnovers).   The story against Wisconsin is the same every damned time....and our $3.1 million dollar clown does nothing about it.  Is it really that hard, Tom!??

I missed the game and all the posts from this thread so I'm just going off cliff notes from the other mods. I do want to say this is being discussed currently and what I'm about to say is my own thoughts and has no reflection on any other mod.

Normally I would have an issue with the wanting to lose on purpose stuff in game threads but with the way this season ended it really shouldn't shock anyone that it's happening. That doesn't make it ok by any means don't get me wrong but at this point what good would making a big deal about it do? This same thing would be going on regardless of it being the current mods or the past mods(which I am a part of both groups so I can confidently say it would've still went on).

With all that said I do think regardless of how you view what's going on showing some common courtesy to your fellow members shouldn't be too much to ask for. We do have an epic fire Tom Crean thread going on for the tank talk. By keeping that stuff in that thread those that still want to talk and discuss the game can do so without worrying about all the other stuff surrounding our program. What this really boils down to is we all want this program to succeed but all members are dealing with this in their own way. So out of respect for each other please post things in their appropriate thread. This site is all of yours just as it is ours so with that said please help us out and keep your posts in the appropriate threads they should be posted in. Doing that will continue to make this place one bad *** place for us all.

I'm not sure if anything I just said makes any sense or if it's just a long incoherent ramble. I just got off work and I'm tired so cut me some slack ya dang hooligans.

I missed the game and all the posts from this thread so I'm just going off cliff notes from the other mods. I do want to say this is being discussed currently and what I'm about to say is my own thoughts and has no reflection on any other mod.

Normally I would have an issue with the wanting to lose on purpose stuff in game threads but with the way this season ended it really shouldn't shock anyone that it's happening. That doesn't make it ok by any means don't get me wrong but at this point what good would making a big deal about it do? This same thing would be going on regardless of it being the current mods or the past mods(which I am a part of both groups so I can confidently say it would've still went on).

With all that said I do think regardless of how you view what's going on showing some common courtesy to your fellow members shouldn't be too much to ask for. We do have an epic fire Tom Crean thread going on for the tank talk. By keeping that stuff in that thread those that still want to talk and discuss the game can do so without worrying about all the other stuff surrounding our program. What this really boils down to is we all want this program to succeed but all members are dealing with this in their own way. So out of respect for each other please post things in their appropriate thread. This site is all of yours just as it is ours so with that said please help us out and keep your posts in the appropriate threads they should be posted in. Doing that will continue to make this place one bad *** place for us all.

I'm not sure if anything I just said makes any sense or if it's just a long incoherent ramble. I just got off work and I'm tired so cut me some slack ya dang hooligans.

Dalton, I respect you and obviously have talked plenty through chat and behind the scenes. I am not shocked, just disappointed. As the only mod that can say he was on here every game thread since we came over I promise you people would have started it, but I would have asked to take it to the fire Crean thread. The reason I brought it up now is our season is essentially over. I didn't want it to be a big deal. It is a respect thing for people paying attention to the game. If I am wrong, cool, tell me. I don't want a part of that. I want to enjoy the games with people that also want to. If it is free reign, that is fine. I just want to know that is how it is now.

Dalton, I respect you and obviously have talked plenty through chat and behind the scenes. I am not shocked, just disappointed. As the only mod that can say he was on here every game thread since we came over I promise you people would have started it, but I would have asked to take it to the fire Crean thread. The reason I brought it up now is our season is essentially over. I didn't want it to be a big deal. It is a respect thing for people paying attention to the game. If I am wrong, cool, tell me. I don't want a part of that. I want to enjoy the games with people that also want to. If it is free reign, that is fine. I just want to know that is how it is now.

I completely get that man and I said as much later in my post. I never said it was free reign I just simply asked people to respect other members by keeping it in the fire Crean thread. I essentially agreed with you it just took me longer to get to that point but I was also stating it from both sides of the argument. As you know I typically try to see things from both sides. Had I been more invested in the games later in the season and been active in the game threads I likely would've asked for them to cut it out but as you know even if you're actively following along it does get tough to catch everything.

Like I said all the mods are discussing it just give us time brother to figure out the best way to go about it. We definitely don't want every thread to be nothing but fire Crean talk. We'll get it all worked out just hang tight.