Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

2017-2018 Basketball Schedule

So far we have..

Neutral: ND (@BLF)
Away: Seton Hall, UL, ACC opponent
Home: USF

That's a so so noncon schedule. I would like to see another solid neutral site opponent or a few solid to marquee home games. 7-8 top 100 (or even 150) opponents with the rest between 150 and low 200s would be a nice change.

Wasn't expecting that marquee of a home game. I'm not surprised we flipped from a road to home game in this event. There's always a team or two that flip so you don't get the same pool of opponents in the same venue.

Away: @Seton Hall, @UL
Home: USF, Duke

Without a preseason tourney or event we won't have those 2-3 solid opponents. The top of the noncon is good with UL and Duke who should compete for an ACC title and deep runs. Norte Dame shouldn't be far behind them in the standings. Seton Hall should be a good road test. USF is better than those directional universities... well, it shouldn't hurt the RPI too much.

I would really like to see 4-5 games against opponents like N. Kentucky, IPFW, Ball State, Indiana State, Evansville, etc. I think CAM and the program could work the inside-out approach more.

The last 3-4 games can be the tune up/adjustment games in the 150-200 range.

Excited. Expecting to get crushed. The Hall will need to be all sorts of special that night.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Hopefully the students that wait outside for 3 days don't get crushed by the Johnny come Lastly's like last year. Cool Dad better make sure the security is run smoother.

Hopefully the students that wait outside for 3 days don't get crushed by the Johnny come Lastly's like last year. Cool Dad better make sure the security is run smoother.

Been a problem for a while now. The security they have working out there is such a joke.

1 hour ago, LIHoosier said:

The one part of games I don't miss. It was so stressful trying to keep your spot in line and get seats.

5 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Wasn't expecting that marquee of a home game. I'm not surprised we flipped from a road to home game in this event. There's always a team or two that flip so you don't get the same pool of opponents in the same venue.

Away: @Seton Hall, @UL
Home: USF, Duke

Without a preseason tourney or event we won't have those 2-3 solid opponents. The top of the noncon is good with UL and Duke who should compete for an ACC title and deep runs. Norte Dame shouldn't be far behind them in the standings. Seton Hall should be a good road test. USF is better than those directional universities... well, it shouldn't hurt the RPI too much.

I would really like to see 4-5 games against opponents like N. Kentucky, IPFW, Ball State, Indiana State, Evansville, etc. I think CAM and the program could work the inside-out approach more.

The last 3-4 games can be the tune up/adjustment games in the 150-200 range.

Don't forget we have to play two conference opponents in early December right after the Duke game

On 6/8/2017 at 6:17 PM, Zach Farmer said:

Don't forget we have to play two conference opponents in early December right after the Duke game

Is it against the rules to play a game the week of the conference tourneys since we are playing ours a week early.  It wouldn't be a marquee game as it would have to be with another conference that either doesn't have a conference tourney or a conference that ends a week early like the B1G this year, but it could be used as a tune up game or two heading into March Madness and give some visibility to the committee before Selection Sunday.

On a side note, is the OP going to update the Schedule Post (first post of this thread)?

Thanks

3 hours ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Is it against the rules to play a game the week of the conference tourneys since we are playing ours a week early.  It wouldn't be a marquee game as it would have to be with another conference that either doesn't have a conference tourney or a conference that ends a week early like the B1G this year, but it could be used as a tune up game or two heading into March Madness and give some visibility to the committee before Selection Sunday.

On a side note, is the OP going to update the Schedule Post (first post of this thread)?

Thanks

If its legal, I think the toughest issue is finding a team that's a) willing to play after their conference season is over and b) scheduling a team good enough that they would likely be playing post-season ball and need a tune up of their own. The likes of Wichita St(when in the Valley) and Gonzaga have been tournament teams for years and had their conference tourney end well before Selection Sunday and to my knowledge they never had a game between their conference tourney ending and the NCAA/NIT tournaments starting. Or you could throw six figures at Onomatopoeia U; but that would lower our rankings as schools in other conferences that we're hopefully competing for seeds or a spot in the dance are likely going up.

P.S. Tanks for nuttin, Delany

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Couldn't you play a Div II school without repercussions? I thought I saw where you can play at Div II school and it doesn't really count as a game.

You can but going by last year, the D-II tourney starts when the D-I conference tourneys are ending. I'm sure its the same case for D-III and NAIA too. The issue is as much the availability of a school as it is getting a school to consider playing after their season may be over.

Dates for 2017 Hoosier Tip-off Classic
11/12 - Howard
11/19 - South Fla.
11/22 - Ark. St.
11/24 - Eastern Mich.

Fwiw Arkansas st rpi was 119 last year and beat Georgetown on the road

- bit.ly/HoosierTipOff17

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

RPI:
Howard- 339
South Florida- 317
Arkansas St- 114
E. Michigan- 178

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, bhaggard89 said:

RPI:
Howard- 339
South Florida- 317
Arkansas St- 114
E. Michigan- 178

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

KenPom

Howard - 338, USF - 292, Arkansas St - 124, E Michigan - 148

Howard's just dreadful, USF has a new coach who coached previously at Dayton and GT; they should have a year similar to Rutger where they have respectable rankings but are still bad, Arkansas St and E Michigan seem to be respectable enough teams. With the decent non-con already and 2 B1G games in December, its a good slate considering the cavalcade of cupcakes we've had to deal with during this decade.

7 hours ago, goonaha said:

The Duke game is scheduled for Wednesday November 29th.

This game right here is going to be Archie's real test. Should be a fun game that night my guess is it will be a 9:00 game in primetime. 

17 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

This schedule will be plenty brutal for this team.

UL, Duke, Seton Hall are L's. Notre Dame is 50/50.

Gotta have the horses.

PS- Assembly Hall atmosphere might gift us a huge win. I'm about 80/20 L on that one. And 80/20 L on seton hall and 99/1 L on UL.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Is Seton Hall really good?