Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

2017-2018 Basketball Schedule

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Saturday/Monday or Sunday/Tuesday conference games on an  early December island three weeks before we re-engage with the rest of the conference schedule?

I get it that they did so to get the conference tourney into Madison Square Garden, but it's kinda lame and I hope that this is just a "one year only" occurrence.

If it's only for this one year, then I guess I am fine with it.

This is a ridiculous move by the BIG.... I already hate the idea of playing our conference tourney a week early so maybe I am biased, but there is a much better way to make it happen than this cluster....

Every team in the BIG has at least 2 weeks during conference play that they only have 1 game... eliminate that and you have made up your 2 games...

Start the BIG conference slate 1 week early instead of squeezing a few games in a month early then going away from conference for 3 weeks. (I understand this option may be more difficult as many teams already have games scheduled in the non-con the last week of December).

Better yet, its immediately following the B1G/ACC challenge. Fun for the schools(likely us) that have to go to a hostile environment then have to turn it right around for 2 conference games. The only positive is that the students will have a good game to go to before finals rather than starting the conference season before Christmas and having the students miss another B1G game. 

B1G/ACC, 2 conference games, at Clear Heels, Finals, then ND in Indy. This ain't our former coach's kind of schedule.

On 9/1/2016 at 1:38 PM, hoosierpap said:

Same as before...everyone post as the schedule comes out and we'll keep it updated in this first post.

@JonRothstein: Indiana, Providence, Virginia Tech, and Washington will headline the 2017 2K Sports Classic at MSG, sources told @CBSSports. #iubb #pcbb. IU replaced with SLU on 3/4/17.

11/15 @ Seton Hall (Gavitt Tipoff Games)

B1G/ACC Challenge - Road?

12/09 UofL @ KFC Yum Center

12/16 Notre Dame @ Banker's Life Fieldhouse

2/28 - 3/04 B1G Tournament @ Madison Square Garden

@JonRothstein: Seton Hall will host Indiana in the 2017 Gavitt Games, per a source. #iubb #shbb

1 minute ago, ccgeneral said:

@JonRothstein: Seton Hall will host Indiana in the 2017 Gavitt Games, per a source. #iubb #shbb

This will be a good test for us. Have some tough road/neutral games early in the season..

Kevin Willard's week is off to a great start, as Angel Delgado just announced that he's headed back to school.
@evandaniels
Makes that road game more and likely against a top 25 opponent

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

@JonRothstein: Indiana will host South Florida as part of its 2017-18 non-conference schedule, per a source. Part of MTE event. #iubb 

USF were the worst team in the American Athletic last year. Again, I think it was always going to be difficult to add good non conference match ups in a coaching change year. 

40 minutes ago, goonaha said:

@JonRothstein: Indiana will host South Florida as part of its 2017-18 non-conference schedule, per a source. Part of MTE event. #iubb 

USF were the worst team in the American Athletic last year. Again, I think it was always going to be difficult to add good non conference match ups in a coaching change year. 

Give me this over Southwestern Missouri State of the Poor any day

3 hours ago, goonaha said:

At least they have a chance to improve their rankings; i.e. Rutger last year. They hired Georgia Tech's former coach(before Pastner) so they can realistically be a top 200 team next season. I'll take the worst team in a good conference over a top 3 MEAC, SWAC, or Northeast school all the time.

Edit: Turns out USF's head coach preceded Archie at Dayton too.

13 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We were 10th in B1G. It'll be a down opponent compared to last few years. I could see NC State. Not Duke, UNC.

Virginia would be interesting.

Can't remember where I saw it but someone was saying Florida State would be our opponent. If that holds true it's good, but not great. I'd rather have Virginia 

We were 10th in B1G. It'll be a down opponent compared to last few years. I could see NC State. Not Duke, UNC.

Virginia would be interesting.

Not that the projections are any better for this coming season but... I thought the challenge matchups were decided by the conference commissioners (someone they delegate it to in reality) and a few ADs. I could be totally wrong on that though.

From the "way too early" projections, it looks like Georgia Tech, Clemson, Wake Forest, Syracuse, or FSU is a likely opponent. I wonder if we'll switch from what should be a road game to a home game to offset the other road games. (@UL and @Seton Hall)

Edit:

Projected ACC road teams - FSU, Miami, and Clemson (outside shot at Virginia)

Projected ACC home teams - Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, Syracuse, and NC State (outside shot at Va Tech)