Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

2017-2018 Basketball Schedule

Very interesting decision in my opinion. This is an east coast game to help east coast recruiting imo. We've tried to play in east at least 1 time per season since Crean started honing in to the East Coast.

Things are starting to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I agree. This is telling imo.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

"Scheduling conflict" sounds a bit weird and how did it just happen now? What is going on that week that IU already committed to? It sounds like again Crean (if he is still our coach) is trying to make the easiest schedule possible which has been an issue throughout his tenure. Are we replacing these games with someone else or leaving just Louisville, Notre Dame Big East and ACC Games as big games? We have always participated in at least our own tourney so if this creates a decent match up at home like we did with Butler or SMU I am all in FAVOR but if it's simply to replace these 2 MSG games with 2 more cupcakes all of Thanksgiving IU has some explaining to do.

If this is a situation where IU found out both it's Big East and ACC games are on road and we are replacing it with a good home game hallelujah and I'm happy. If were simply plugging in cupcakes because we want an easier schedule this is very bad. This is a key question that needs to be answered with this move and until then I remain skeptical.

"Scheduling conflict" sounds a bit weird and how did it just happen now? What is going on that week that IU already committed to? It sounds like again Crean (if he is still our coach) is trying to make the easiest schedule possible which has been an issue throughout his tenure. Are we replacing these games with someone else or leaving just Louisville, Notre Dame Big East and ACC Games as big games? We have always participated in at least our own tourney so if this creates a decent match up at home like we did with Butler or SMU I am all in FAVOR but if it's simply to replace these 2 MSG games with 2 more cupcakes all of Thanksgiving IU has some explaining to do.

If this is a situation where IU found out both it's Big East and ACC games are on road and we are replacing it with a good home game hallelujah and I'm happy. If were simply plugging in cupcakes because we want an easier schedule this is very bad. This is a key question that needs to be answered with this move and until then I remain skeptical.

I *highly* doubt we would replace 2 games in The Garden with a home game against a MEAC team.

If this has anything to do with the coach, then I'm willing to bet it has nothing to do with Crean and everything to do with the new HC.

Snippets pulled from the Indpls. Star.

Indiana has pulled out of next season’s 2K Sports Classic, and it will cost the school $250,000 to do so.

IU will owe the $250,000, but expects to recover most or all of that penalty with revenue gained from the addition of another home game to the nonconference schedule.

According to a contract signed between Indiana and The Gazelle Group, the event’s organizer, IU must signal its intention to withdraw 270 days before the start of the event. And the contract states that “the terminating party shall pay the non-terminating party $250,000 upon notice of such termination.”

It’s not immediately clear whether Indiana intends to replace its New York trip with another potential marquee nonconference opportunity, something athletic director Fred Glass has committed to ensuring annually.

Regardless, we need to have the best schedule possible going forward. I dislike hearing that we have a marquee opponent lined up in... SMU. That's an okay opponent but shouldn't be the marquee home game of the noncon.

We've listened to how we're going to have a marquee home/home between B1G/ACC challenge home games but we've whiffed. First it was UL, then we couldn't work something out with KU, then it was Gonzaga, and when we played KU this season the talks came back.

Quit talking and get it done!!make the schedule great again!!

And that is why the buyout was never an issue. If they will pay a quarter mil to not play someone then they sure as hell have money to make someone go away.

Yup!! Forth of a mill just to get out of a tourney!! If they want a coach gone 4 mill aint nothing. 7 million is/was but after a B1G title it wouldnt have made sense.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I really hope we play some true road games in the Non Con season.  Maybe like 2-3

I'd also like to see us play teams with more brand/name recognition.  Like bottom teams from the power 5/6 (minus B1G obviously) or high mid majors.  An example of how I'd like our schedule based:

Not in any date order: (From the Conference listed, pick a team from the conference teams listed below)

Of the 8 Home or Away games, 2-3 of those per year should be away, the other 5-6 Home

2 Exhibition Games vs Any Team at home.

1. Boarder Wars (Indiana & Purdue vs Kentucky & Louisville) (Neutral Site) Rotating like Crossroads Classic
  2. Crossroads Classic (Indiana & Purdue vs Notre Dame & Butler) (Neutral Site) (Notre Dame and Louisville from the Boarder War game would correspond to opposite years so IU/PU would not play both ND and LOU in the same year)
  3. ACC vs B1G Challenge (Home or Away)
  4. SEC/ACC (Home or Away)
  5. PAC-12/Big-12 (Home or Away)
  6. BIG EAST (Home or Away)
  7. American (Home or Away)
  8. IVY (Home or Away)
  9. A10 (Home or Away)
  10. CUSA (Home or Away)
  11. Pre-Season Tourney
  12. Pre-Season Tourney
  13. Pre-Season Tourney
  14. Conference Games (Home/Away)

(if a 4th Pre-Season Tourney game is needed, eliminate the SEC/ACC game)

SEC/ACC

• Boston College
  • Miami
  • Wake Forest
  • Clemson
  • Georgia Tech
  • Texas A&M
  • Missouri
  • LSU
  • Auburn
  • Alabama
  • Pittsburgh

Pac-12/Big 12

• Oregon State
  • Washington
  • Washington State
  • Stanford
  • Arizona State
  • Texas Tech
  • Iowa State
  • TCU
  • Kansas State

Big East

• DePaul
  • Georgetown
  • St Johns
  • Xavier
  • Marquette
  • Creighton

American

• Tulane
  • Temple
  • Memphis
  • UCF
  • Houston
  • Cincinnati
  • SMU

IVY

• Princeton
  • Harvard
  • Yale
  • Penn
  • Columbia
  • Brown
  • Cornell
  • Dartmouth

A10

• Dayton
  • Rhode Island
  • St Bonaventure
  • George Washington
  • George Mason
  • La Salle
  • Umass
  • Duquesne
  • Saint Louis
  • Fordham
  • Davidson
  • VCU
  • Richmond
  • Saint Joseph's

CUSA

• Old Dominion
  • UTEP
  • Rice
  • Marshal
  • UAB
  • Western Kentucky
  • Florida International

With this Scenario Given, my schedule would look like this.

Exhibition

1. Indiana Wesleyan Wildcats (Home)
  2. Marian Knights (Home)

Non Conference Schedule

1. Kentucky (Lucas Oil Stadium)
  2. Notre Dame (Crossroads Classic - Bankers Life Fieldhouse) 
  3. ACC vs B1G Challenge (Home or Away)
  4. Boston College (Home)
  5. Oregon State (Away)
  6. DePaul (Home)
  7. Temple (Away)
  8. Dartmouth (Home)
  9. Duquesne or St. Louis (Home)
  10. UTEP (Away)
  11. Pre-Season Tourney
  12. Pre-Season Tourney
  13. Pre-Season Tourney

Indy Star just tweeted that IU had to pony up about $250K to back out of the 2K Sports event...that's pocket change to IU, but wonder what the replacement will be...

IU must have something in mind: maybe we add Dayton and Arizona--I am up for that as that is 2 strong challenges that help our strength of schedule.

12 minutes ago, BtownBanner6 said:

Can't remember the writer might've been a Bozich article that said that I'll try to find it again.

That seems like a weird thing. Usually coaches include the opposite if anything in their contract. Hence why Dayton and GT played a Home and Home