Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

2017-2018 Basketball Schedule

On 9/1/2016 at 1:54 PM, ccgeneral said:

Here's what else we know so far.

12/09 UofL @ KFC Yum Center

12/16 Notre Dame @ Banker's Life Fieldhouse

2/28 - 3/04 B1G Tournament @ Madison Square Garden

Gavitt Tipoff Games ?

B1G/ACC Challenge - Road?

Thanks, CCG. Just gonna paste it up top..

My guess is IU/VT and Washington/Providence with hopes of IU and Wash in finals.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I was hoping for Providence. Would like to play against Holt and see how he measures up against the Hoosiers.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Providence would be a good opponent to start the "championship" bracket with but... Buzz vs. Crean as an opening game would bring a bit of buzz to the tourney. Regardless, all three should be quality non-con opponents.

2/3 Providence, VaTech, UW
ACC road opponent
Big East opponent
@UL
Notre Dame

That's 6 major conference opponents. Add 7 300+ RPI teams and that's our schedule for 2017-2018

Providence would be a good opponent to start the "championship" bracket with but... Buzz vs. Crean as an opening game would bring a bit of buzz to the tourney. Regardless, all three should be quality non-con opponents.

2/3 Providence, VaTech, UW
ACC road opponent
Big East opponent
@UL
Notre Dame

That's 6 major conference opponents. Add 7 300+ RPI teams and that's our schedule for 2017-2018
we better be good. That schedule looks TOUGH!

we better be good. That schedule looks TOUGH!

Well, I don't see us playing both ACC and Big East challenges on the road. My guess is we'll either skip the Gavitt Tipoff game for a second year or, more likely, we'll have a home game. Could you imagine...

Away:
ACC, Big East, UL

Neutral:
ND, 2/3 Prov, VaTech, UW

Even if we get the easiest 2/3 that's still a crazy difficult schedule. Having only 16 home games would probably have Crean and Glass flipping out.

Saw story on Indy Star about Fred Glass saying IU will add a "Marquee" home game in 2017 non-conference but would not say who cause it was too early in process and details are still being finalized. Any guesses? 

I know who I, and everyone else, want it to be. Who will it be....? Random guess of UCLA.

22 minutes ago, Zachary Farmer said:

Saw story on Indy Star about Fred Glass saying IU will add a "Marquee" home game in 2017 non-conference but would not say who cause it was too early in process and details are still being finalized. Any guesses? 

Marquee home game = Gavitt Tipoff Game (Big East opponent) or a so so game.  Remember SMU was a "marquee" home game a few years ago...

Regardless, if it's an actual "marquee" home game that would be 7 power 6 opponents in one season.  I just don't see Crean scheduling that difficult.

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I know who I, and everyone else, want it to be. Who will it be....? Random guess of UCLA.

That would be great but we all know that PAB won't return to Assembly Hall.  UCLA would be nice or any other "marquee" opponent out west.  KU would be good to have a true home and home with too.  I guess it could be an opponent that we're in the NYC area every other season too.

6 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

A home/MSG four year deal with UConn would be a solid series.

To me that makes sense for both programs as UConn needs this for SOS because of their weak conference schedule. For Indiana it gives us a quality opponent while it also gives the B10 the "East Coast" exposure that Jim Delany and Fred Glass want.