Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Feathery

IU Candidate: Billy Donovan (OKC Thunder)

I mean listening to Glass he wants a proven winner, may take a while and not against an NBA guy. Gotta be Billy.

Key word Proven winner! Back to back championships trumps all the others being talked about including Stevens

Billy Donavan!!!!!!!

Hutch's take:

3. Billy Donovan (Oklahoma City NBA): The word out there is Donovan may be interested in following in the footsteps of his mentor Rick Pitino and returning to college basketball from the NBA. Especially if Russell Westbrook isn’t long for Oklahoma City. So there’s a lot of pieces in motion here. But Donovan would be the name hire that a lot of people are looking for. Now, his salary at Oklahoma City is $6 million so I’m not sure how much Glass would have to pay. But, again, if Donovan was interested and wanted to be considered, I would think it would be something Indiana would have to take a long look at. The problem there could be when he would potentially be able to make the move, and that might not be for a month or two. Would Indiana be willing to wait if that’s the guy it thought it could get?

http://www.heraldbulletin.com/opinion/terry-hutchens-column-three-names-that-could-be-interesting-fits/article_74edbb26-0aaa-11e7-b20c-cbdffa6fae58.html

2 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

I mean listening to Glass he wants a proven winner, may take a while and not against an NBA guy. Gotta be Billy.

I agree, he's probably thinking of Billy Donovan, but some of what Fred said made me think that they may take another run at Brad Stevens.  Very likely it won't work, but I think they at least try now that we officially have a job opening. 

a.m. ramblings

Exciting to think IU could land him.

Similar Cal to Kentucky, Instant success. It might not manifest itself in wins the first season. Have to believe it will in recruiting. Wait until the next.....

IU is a sleeping giant

IU could announce its back, in a big way. .

Donovan or Stevenson (please and thank you)

Dare to dream the impossible dream.

Its only impossible if you don't try........

Unleash the beast that is Indiana...

Edited by IU402

My a.m. ramblings
Its so exciting to think IU could land him.
This is IU version of Kentucky an Cal .
Its instant success. It might not manifest itself in wins the first season. However you have to believe it will in recruiting. And wait until the next.....
IU is a sleeping giant
IU could announce its back, in a big way. .
Donovan or Stevenson (please and thank you)
Dare to dream the impossible dream.
Its only impossible if you dont try........
Unleash the beast that is Indiana...

Please proof read, and correct.