Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Feathery

IU Candidate: Billy Donovan (OKC Thunder)

I hope it's Donovan.. Just tough to walk away when you're making $6mil and coaching one of the best players on the planet.

I do not closely follow the NBA and do not know the answer to this question but.....

Does BD enjoy coaching one of the best players on the planet?  Depending on the coach-ability of the player it could be a pleasure or pure hell. 

I do not closely follow the NBA and do not know the answer to this question but.....
Does BD enjoy coaching one of the best players on the planet?  Depending on the coach-ability of the player it could be a pleasure or pure hell. 

Not publicly saying that he doesn't. Definitely not happy that Durant left. Now it is VERY possible that Westbrook goes home to L.A. leaving Billy with nothing. I'm sure that he would rather be a coach than be a manager. That was one of the big takeaways from Pitino and Calipari. If Donovan is a no, his next coaching gig will be at UofL.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm curious about his current contract and how this affects a decision/ negotiating? Of course agents can work the gray areas, but I don't see an announcement or assistants running the program until he is officially out at OKC. Where is Martinmoplady when you need him?

I'm not sure. It's a scenario I've seen tossed around and I thought it made sense. Idk if it actually does lol.

I'm not sure there is precedent.  Rarely has an NBA guy ever come to college and I am not sure ever while they were still employed by an NBA team

IU will wait until the end of the Thunder's season. It makes absolute sense. Donovan should finish the season with his current team. Then after OKC loses in the first round, Donovan will officially be hired. It's already an arrangement right now. It's just not public

IU will wait until the end of the Thunder's season. It makes absolute sense. Donovan should finish the season with his current team. Then after OKC loses in the first round, Donovan will officially be hired. It's already an arrangement right now. It's just not public

Not likely, the announcement has to be made.  To many talented players are available for 2017 to not make the announcement even if an assistant has to handle the recruiting.  

Donovan recruited Waters, he probably recruited Tilmon or at least put feelers out.  

Not likely, the announcement has to be made.  To many talented players are available for 2017 to not make the announcement even if an assistant has to handle the recruiting.  

Donovan recruited Waters, he probably recruited Tilmon or at least put feelers out.  

One thing is for certain Brass. When Billy Donovan is officially hired, Romeo Langford becomes a real possibility