Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Feathery

IU Candidate: Billy Donovan (OKC Thunder)

I have to disagree, it is due to lack of talent.

Coaching talent that is.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

When I said in "need of work" I meant from the team culture, mental prep/grit/team cohesiveness side. I think he's always struggled with buy-in. Crean for all his faults has brought in some big recruits and under the radar talent.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, Redandyz said:

When I said in "need of work" I meant from the team culture, mental prep/grit/team cohesiveness side. I think he's always struggled with buy-in. Crean for all his faults has brought in some big recruits and under the radar talent.

It was supposed to be a joke, sort of

On 2/27/2017 at 6:59 PM, Walking Boot of Doom said:

The program is actually in no need of "work". It's primed and ready to roll. I think people are failing to realize that the program is teed up for a great coach.

slightly disagree: the in-state recruiting & relationships w/ Indiana H.S. coaches needs some repair, but guys like Donovan, Miller(s), Bennett could fix that pretty quickly IMO.

2 hours ago, sierracoach said:

slightly disagree: the in-state recruiting & relationships w/ Indiana H.S. coaches needs some repair, but guys like Donovan, Miller(s), Bennett could fix that pretty quickly IMO.

Besides coming off as creepy what did Crean do to alienate Indiana H.S. coaches? Theres been a definite disconnect and difference with in state recruiting since Lyles decomited  

9 hours ago, bnkepner said:

Besides coming off as creepy what did Crean do to alienate Indiana H.S. coaches? Theres been a definite disconnect and difference with in state recruiting since Lyles decomited  

Has a lot more to do with AAU programs in the state than the HS coaches. There was a time when the in-state HS coaches complained about oversigning but those guys never had nearly the weight a lot of people think they do and most are over that whole thing. If they still have issues with Crean it's more about how a player was used in his system, so that should narrow it down considerably. 

6 minutes ago, Sknits nad said:

Saw this over on 247, he is an IU football player.  Could be hanging around hearing legit talk, could be gossiping with friends.

beldon.PNG

I wish I could 'double-like' your first post:

• Once for printing the Belden tweet of note
  • Once for a freakin' awesome BtwonBanners posting handle. Sknits Nad? Yessir.

19 minutes ago, Sknits nad said:

Saw this over on 247, he is an IU football player.  Could be hanging around hearing legit talk, could be gossiping with friends.

beldon.PNG

Ehh. I wonder what the athletic department thinks of this. Letting a football player "spread" this type of thing.