Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Feathery

IU Candidate: Billy Donovan (OKC Thunder)

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Or shutting down external communication because that stuff is starting to leak out. It's in no one's best interest for talks of Donovan leaving OKC to get out besides IU fans'.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This. 1000 times this. 

Not sure how positive I'd call it.  Basically he said initial communication was positive and now one said isn't responding.

No one is responding to him (Mile). Not that no one is responding to each other. No one knows if that is happening.

With respect to Mr Glass, of course he could "just lie", he is an attorney after all! That being said, I like him and think he's done a good job at IU and, unlike some of his predecessors, he's an IU guy.

I wasn't advocating for Glass to lie, just saying I'm sure it happens around the college basketball landscape and sports in general. I didn't like the search firm idea as it didn't seem to benefit IU in the best way possible in my eyes. I appreciate all the responses. It doesn't seem as sketchy after some clarification

This is a great thread and a great rumor---but I am so beat down at this point that I have to see it to believe it. I am not going to get my hopes up too high but Donovan would be a HOMERUN hire. We need something like this to bring us all the way back and unite our fan base again. Praying it is true.

Regarding the whole "reaching out" rumors everyone seems to spread... wouldn't that be a big risk to being discovered via the FOIA? When the Big XII was considering expansion, every correspondence between UC and the Big XII was made public through the FOIA, even correspondence that obviously appeared meant to be off the record.. I'm sure you could be careful to tip toe what falls within the law, but seems like it would be a risk. Surprised no one in the media has requested something (is that how FOIA even works?)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, akhosrof said:

Regarding the whole "reaching out" rumors everyone seems to spread... wouldn't that be a big risk to being discovered via the FOIA? When the Big XII was considering expansion, every correspondence between UC and the Big XII was made public through the FOIA, even correspondence that obviously appeared meant to be off the record.. I'm sure you could be careful to tip toe what falls within the law, but seems like it would be a risk. Surprised no one in the media has requested something (is that how FOIA even works?)

To do a FOIA request you have to have very specific parameters for the request and have to be from government sources. 

My guess is at this stage no part of the search has hit email and is mostly just talk. 

FOIA also take some time. Currently waiting on one myself. 

I am good friends with Vic. He told me that he talked to BD and said that he would toss him the first copy of his first studio album if he came to Bloomington. Donovan has already signed the contract.

Hahahahahahaha

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app