Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

BtownBanners Meet and Greet Thread 3.0

Meaning Behind Username: - Fraternity nickname from Indiana State

Approximate Age and Location: - 41+, from Mooresville, live in The Haute, work in Indy

Are you a born and raised IU fan? - Yes.

When you first knew you were an IU fan? - Too old to remember, but there are photos of me on dad's lap watching the Hoosiers

What sports did you play in High School and College? - N/A

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? - Irish Football, Colts, Pacers, Cubs, and my Sycamores (hey, they gave me my degree after all!)

Did you attend IU? - 2 years at IUPUI

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? - The Shot

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? - Calbert.  Hands down.

What is your favorite IU Football memory? - 1988 bowl game I believe?

Who is your favorite IU Football player? - A.T.

Best sporting event ever attended? - Return of Jordan at Market Square

Best IU sporting event ever attended? - When I was with my previous company, working in Lincoln, going to the College World Series!

What brings you to this board? - Good people, and good discussion!

How long have you visited/followed BtownBanners? - 3 or 4 years now, I think?

Meaning Behind Username: - Victor is my favorite IU player of all time. 5 is his NBA number.

Approximate Age and Location: - 23, Southern Indiana for now

Are you a born and raised IU fan? - Wouldn't have it any other way

When you first knew you were an IU fan? - Birth :)

What sports did you play in High School and College? - Basketball throughout high school. Had the pleasure of playing both Zeller and Yogi

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? - Colts, Cubs (more of a casual fan), and in the NBA I'm more a fan of players instead of a team. Curry, Klay, Westbrook, etc.

Did you attend IU? - Yes, 2012-2016.

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? - Attending College Gameday against Michigan. That almost-Dipo dunk would've collapsed Assembly.

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? - Steph Curry, Dipo

What is your favorite IU Football memory? - Watching the win against a ranked Missouri team. Was extremely happy for the players.

Who is your favorite IU Football player? - Tevin Coleman

Best sporting event ever attended? - College game day against Michigan my freshman year.

Best IU sporting event ever attended? - Same as above

What brings you to this board? -  My overwhelming passion for IU basketball and to have discussions with like-minded others.

How long have you visited/followed BtownBanners? - Following since the Scout days, the old HoosierSportsNation, and now to here. Decided to create an account back in early 2014 to become one of the bunch!

The DipoDunk... damn still wish it dropped.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Meaning Behind Username: -From Fort WAYNE, Juwan Morgan and Shake Milton inspired the FLEEK addition

Approximate Age and Location: -36-Fort Wayne

Are you a born and raised IU fan? -Became one shortly before attending. Rooted for UM sports as a kid. I wanted to play Hockey at UM. Liked the Fab5.

When you first knew you were an IU fan? -when the scholarship papers came in.

What sports did you play in High School and College? -Hockey, Basketball, Wrestling, Golf

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? -Colts, Cubs, All Hockey no particular team.

Did you attend IU? -yes, 1999-2003

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? 2. Haston game winner vs MSU. Celebrating 2002 Duke win on Kirkwood.

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? -Victor, Lebron James, Michael Jordan, AJ Moye, Zeller

What is your favorite IU Football memory? -watching Randle El go Tecmo Bowl on teams

Who is your favorite IU Football player? -Randle El, Tevin Coleman, Ogunleye.

Best sporting event ever attended? -man, I guess the Haston game winner when MSU was #1. Didn't see Watshot live. And most games I go to, IU losses. Ugh.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Haven't recently signed up but haven't done one of these before.

Meaning Behind Username: - last name first initial with one of my favorite numbers.

Approximate Age and Location: - 23 and Indianapolis

Are you a born and raised IU fan? - yes along with my families alma mater Hanover College

When you first knew you were an IU fan? - watching iu basketball against Maryland (2002) and crying as a kid when they lost because everyone in the room was crying as well.

What sports did you play in High School and College? - I played football, wrestled, and ran track in hs. Went to Hanover college played football for a year and then ran track all 4 years.

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? -
nfl-Browns
Mlb- reds
Hockey-Preds
Nba- pacers (hate nba tho)
Soccer- Tottenham (premier league), Indy Eleven (nasl hope they get bid for MLS)

Did you attend IU? - no. As stated above I went to Hanover college. My cousin played football at IU (03-07) never saw real playing time two knees in back to back years.

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? - wat shot..... Made a drunken bet with brothers of my fraternity (they were from Kentucky) that if iu won I got to burn all their UK attire... If uk won they said I had to stop talking ish about UK. Needless to say the first sunny day and warm night we all went down by the Ohio river and had a huge UK bonfire.

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? - DJ white. Felt like he always have it his all

What is your favorite IU Football memory? - several..... Rushing the field when iu beat Purdue to make it to a bowl.... Shadowing Hep my 8th grade year before he passed away. Then sitting in the broadcast booth when IU beat Penn state at home several years back.

Who is your favorite IU Football player? - James Hardy....used to watch tape on him and try to mimic his abilities. Or even Andrew means. Also tevin, Ben Chappell

Best sporting event ever attended? - 100th Indy 500. Love me some racing weekends for the 500. It was packed

Best IU sporting event ever attended? - iu bowl birth game against PU to put them into insight. Then going to the insight bowl with my dad.

What brings you to this board? - hearing others opinions. Speaking mine. And the occasional ish talking about little brother up north and pUKe

How long have you visited/followed BtownBanners? - 4-5 years now

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Meaning Behind Username: -Nickname from childhood

Approximate Age and Location: - 55 St Louis

Are you a born and raised IU fan? -Yup. My father had a Master's in Aeronautical Engineering from Purdue and even he was an IU fan, though I was actually an IUFB fan first.

When you first knew you were an IU fan? -1973 NCAA tournament. Came to basketball late. Remember  watching the Regional final against UK and just hating the look on Joe B Hall's face. So my love for IUBB and hatred of UKBB literally happened simultaneously.

What sports did you play in High School and College? -basketball, golf and soccer

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? - Colts, Pacers

Did you attend IU? -played for 2 years as a walk on at Oral Roberts. Gave it up and spent my last 2 years in Bloomington. ORU played in the Hoosier Classic my Freshman year. We only lost by 9, but I remember sitting on the bench and thinking that there wasn't a single guy that IU played that I could guard. Of course, since they won the NC, that didn't make me rare.

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? -That. Sitting on the bench watching that team. They weren't playing well yet, but a blind guy could see the talent. Also got to shake everyone's hand.

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? -Mike Woodson

What is your favorite IU Football memory? -beating Michigan in 87.

Who is your favorite IU Football player? -Anthony Thompson

Best sporting event ever attended? -Colts-Pats AFCC game

Best IU sporting event ever attended? -IU-Illinois game in, I believe, 86. Awesome crowd. largest lead by either team was 3. Just competitive as hell. Might be off on the year.

What brings you to this board? -  love finding a board with a breadth of opinion, and yet pretty civil about it. Haven't found a lot of those.

How long have you visited/followed BtownBanners? Late '13

Meaning behind username: I'm a ginger. Name is Andy Z.
Approximate age and location: 41, Evansville, IN

Are you a born and raised IU fan? Yes. My uncle was an all American track athlete in 1950s. Long family connection, watched games from birth.
When you first knew you were an IU fan. I've always known, it wasn't a choice. Raising my son the same way.
What sport did you play in high school and college? Played football at Tell City.
Besides IU, favorite sports team? St. Louis Cardinals, Colts.
My GI wouldn't cover at IU. Went to USI, Southern Indiana. Bachelors in PoliSci, Masters in Public Admin.
What is you favorite IU memory? Watching Keith Smart hit winner in 87 and my dad falling off the couch!
Who is your favorite basketball player all time? Calbert Cheaney and Damon Bailey.
What is your favorite IU football memory? Next year.........

-Meaning behind name: Tom Pritchard was the man
-Approximate age and location: 20 born in Jasper, IN
-Are you born and raised IU fan? Yes. Dad left me no choice
-When did I know I was an IU fan? Hearing my dad yell at the TV and talking about the good ole days
-What sport did you play in High School? Baseball and football
-Besides IU, favorite sports team? Colts, cardinals, and pacers
-Did you attend IU? No, I am currently at USI in evansville
-What is your favorite IU basketball memory? Watshot no doubt
-Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? Victor, Cody, Yogi
-Favorite Indiana football player? Kellen Lewis and James hardy
-what brings me to this board? Love finding out new information and then the opinions around it
-how long have you visited/followed BtownBanners? 2012

Approximate Age and Location: - 20, Akron, OH

Are you a born and raised IU fan? - yep

When you first knew you were an IU fan? Before I can remember, my dad played football at IU in the 80's so I've been brainwashed since birth, but I first remember getting really into IUFB when we had Kellen Lewis and James Hardy and into IUBB the year before Eric Gordon got here.

What sports did you play in High School and College? - football/wrestling

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? - Cavs, Indians, Browns

Did you attend IU? - no, but I'd love to go there for grad school

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? - Probably beating Kentucky last year

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? - 1.DJ White 2.Yogi 3.Eric Gordon

What is your favorite IU Football memory? - Watching Tevin Coleman's 90 yard TD run to take the lead in the 3rd quarter at the Horseshoe

Who is your favorite IU Football player? - 1.Tegray Scales(used to love watching him wrestle in high school too) 2.Shane Wynn 3.Tracy Porter

Best sporting event ever attended? - LeBrons game winner against the Magic in the 09 playoffs

Best IU sporting event ever attended? -First 3 quarters of the 2014 FB game at OSU... just gotta pretend the 4th quarter never happened

What brings you to this board? - trying to get the inside scoop on recruits/rumors and seeing the opinions of people with higher BB IQ's than me

How long have you visited/followed BtownBanners? - I think I've been lurking for 2-3 years but not posting much

I don't have time to answer all of these but:

Became a fan in 1987 as a middle schooler. Both parents attented iu as well as cousins and uncles.

Jumped around right crazy with my dad when smart hit the shoot. Don't think I slept much that night. I thought it would always be like that. Lol. Young and naive.

Favorite player is easily damon bailey. My uncle taught him in grade school so we heard about him as a sixth grader even before knight.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Meaning Behind Username: -  I'm a IU grad that lives in Alaska.

Approximate Age and Location: - 50, Fairbanks, Alaska.

Are you a born and raised IU fan? - nope. raised in Louisiana initially.

When you first knew you were an IU fan? -   87 National championship game.

What sports did you play in High School and College? - Played Football for Castle H.S. (sat the bench, only weighed 111) when we won the 82 Indiana State AAA Championship.

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? - Love me some Fairbanks Ice Dogs

Did you attend IU? -  Bachelors '96

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? - Watshot.

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? -  AJ Guyton. 

What is your favorite IU Football memory? - Tailgating at a IU vs Wisconsin game. we won and there was a naked mudslide.

Who is your favorite IU Football player? -  Anthony Thompson but Randle-El is a close second. (same as old fart)

Best sporting event ever attended? - IU vs UK in Indianapolis..can't remember the year but we won and I was sitting on the UK side yelling obscenities and pissing off the UK fans.

Best IU sporting event ever attended? -  same as above.

What brings you to this board? -  I love my Hoosiers.

How long have you visited/followed BtownBanners? - 3-4 years.

Meaning Behind Username: - Pretty straight forward, first initial  and last name, number was baseball number growing up

Approximate Age and Location: - 24, Vincennes, IN

Are you a born and raised IU fan? - absoultely

When you first knew you were an IU fan? - earliest memories are of '02 team tourney run, ever since then 

What sports did you play in High School and College? - football, basketball, baseball in HS, a little baseball in college JUCO

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? -  St. Louis Cardinals, Indy Colts, Pacers

Did you attend IU? - Did not, brother and several friends did. Spend plenty of time up there though

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? - As a 9 year old, watching IU vs Duke on TV then falling asleep, dad wakes me up shaking me, screaming "WE WON! WE WON! WE BEAT DUKE!"

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? - AJ Moye, Coverdale, Oladipo, Zeller (know him personally, played against him in HS and middle school), Yogi, Hartman probably missing some

What is your favorite IU Football memory? - Not many I can remember, Austin Starr kick to beat PU, was at several close losses, UM OT loss, OSU close loss, was also at game this past season when they beat MSU

Who is your favorite IU Football player? - enjoyed watching the Replogle(sp) brothers, J. Howard, T. Coleman

Best sporting event ever attended? - Was a part of the Super Bowl halftime show in Indy with Madonna, St. Louis Cardinals playoff games, IU vs UNC few years back with Zeller and the boys.

Best IU sporting event ever attended? - See above. More detail: older brother and friends were IU students, tried finding tickets, found a site that was a student resale site. My brother's roommate never attended games. I used his ID and purchased a student ticket and sat in the first row of the balcony by myself. Loved every minute of it.

What brings you to this board? -  Best place to get IU info, recruiting chat, and all around good IU chatting

How long have you visited/followed BtownBanners? - not sure without looking back, few years I'd guess. Post every so often, try not to unless I am confident on what I am about to post since I've seen others get roasted for what they post! lol 

Nice to meet everyone!

9 hours ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

I was a member on here for years before I posted because I was so scared to get roasted. Lol

Just think of it as a fraternity hell week rite of initiation!