Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

BtownBanners Meet and Greet Thread 3.0

Figured with all the new people who have recently signed up this might be a good idea to get everyone acquainted.  I know we've done these in the past, but wanted to start up a new one so everyone knows a little more about everyone.   I'll begin...

Meaning Behind Username: 41 was number for all sports growing up.  IU Hoosier part is kinda self explanatory right?

Approximate Age and Location: 30 - Richmond, VA

Are you a born and raised IU fan? Celebrated the 1987 championship team as a 6 month old.

When you first knew you were an IU fan? Probably back in the Greg Graham/ Calbert Cheaney days.

What sports did you play in High School and College? Football/Basketball in High School.  

Besides IU, favorite sports teams?V - Colts, Cubs, Pacers, VCU since moving to Richmond

Did you attend IU? Graduated from IU Bloomington in 2009

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? Favorite memory in person was Indiana vs Duke in 2005 with Marco Killingsworth's dunk.  I know we lost the game, but it's still the loudest fan experience of my entire life.   Being in Bloomington when we knocked off Kentucky on the WatShot was incredible as well.  Greatest memory has to be the 2002 Road to the championship.  AJ Moye block on Boozer still gives me the chills.

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? AJ Guyton, AJ Moye, Calbert Cheaney, Victor Oladipo, I know I'm missing some.

What is your favorite IU Football memory? Insight Bowl in 2007 was an awesome experience.  But my favorite memory was Indiana vs Purdue in Bloomington one year when I was younger and it was a complete DOWNPOUR the entire game.  Pretty sure Indiana and Purdue got in 1000 fights that game.  Water was racing down the steps like a waterfall, incredibly fun as a 8-12yr old.

Who is your favorite IU Football player? Antwaan Randel El, Tracy Porter, James Hardy (for awhile), Tevin Coleman

Best sporting event ever attended? Colts vs Patriots AFC Championship game in 2006.

Best IU sporting event ever attended? Indiana vs Kentucky games at the RCA Dome or Indiana vs Duke in 2005.

What brings you to this board? -  I started BtownBanners back in 2008 as a way to share Tom Crean's Plus/Minus metrics after each game. Started on Blogger, went to Wordpress, then into this crazy platform.  Over time, BtownBanners.com has evolved into a much more diverse offering via this forum, website, social media, apparel & More.  Proud to say I've received 7 Cease and Desist letters from Indiana University in my 9 years operating this site.  Can't wait for my next one :)  (Long live the #Watshot Shirt)

How long have you visited/followed BtownBanners? - About 10 seconds after I created the first blogger site :)

Let's hear what you all have!  Copy & Paste the below for yours:

Meaning Behind Username: -

Approximate Age and Location: - 

Are you a born and raised IU fan? -

When you first knew you were an IU fan? -

What sports did you play in High School and College? -

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? - 

Did you attend IU? -

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? -

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? -

What is your favorite IU Football memory? -

Who is your favorite IU Football player? -

Best sporting event ever attended? -

Best IU sporting event ever attended? -

What brings you to this board? -  

How long have you visited/followed BtownBanners? - 

Meaning Behind Username: -  Initials, and if you can't figure out the rest then you're probably a UK fan

Approximate Age and Location: -   30, Southern Indiana not far from Evansville

Are you a born and raised IU fan? -  Yes

When you first knew you were an IU fan? -  Watching Bob Knight teams with my dad

What sports did you play in High School and College? -  High school, football and track

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? -   New York Yankees

Did you attend IU? -  Yes

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? -  2002 run to the title game

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? -  Hulls, Bailey, Fife

What is your favorite IU Football memory? -  Don't really have one

Who is your favorite IU Football player? -  Don't really have one

Best sporting event ever attended? -  Haven't attended many, press booth for a minor league baseball game was cool

Best IU sporting event ever attended? -  Watching IU dismantle UK was fun

What brings you to this board? -  Got invited by a former mod when many left 247

How long have you visited/followed BtownBanners? -   Years, I've wasted WAY too much time here

Meaning Behind Username: - its a portion of my first name with my middle and last initial

Approximate Age and Location: - 31 Southern Indiana

Are you a born and raised IU fan? - Yes

When you first knew you were an IU fan? - I always loved watching IU play when I was a kid. I really got interested with Calbert was on the team and he was and still is my favorite Hoosier.

What sports did you play in High School and College? - I did not play any organized sports. Small town politics it was who you knew.

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? - Atlanta Braves, Indianapolis Colts

Did you attend IU? - I went to IUS for 2 years but did not graduate 

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? - AJ Moye blocking Carlos Boozer

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? -Calbert Cheaney

What is your favorite IU Football memory? - Probably the Game Randle El's freshman year vs Cincinnati where he ran, passed and caught a touchdown.

Who is your favorite IU Football player? - Randle El

Best sporting event ever attended? - Watching Chipper Jones play his final game in Great American Ball Park and getting the base. 

Best IU sporting event ever attended? - It wasn't at IU but I watched the IU Kentucky game where Watford hit the winning shot at Hooters with my best friend and his family who are all UK fans. The look of shock on their face and the joy I had was probably one of my favorite things. The atmosphere there was electric. My friend has since passed away so its just one of my favorite memories we had a blast that day.

What brings you to this board? -  Love for all things IU sports especially basketball.

How long have you visited/followed BtownBanners? -  3 years I think

Meaning Behind Username: - pretty simple HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS! And my favorite number is 22

Approximate Age and Location: -  im 23 and live in Indianapolis NAPTOWN

Are you a born and raised IU fan? - I was raised by my grandparents and my grandpa was a die hard IU fan. And I loved everything my grandpa loved. Now IU basketball is a huge part of my life

When you first knew you were an IU fan? - when we beat Duke in the 2002 NCAA tournament.

What sports did you play in High School and College? - I played basketball football and baseball in high school

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? -  I love the pacers, colts, yankee's, cubs,

Did you attend IU? - no I honestly hated school lol

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? - being at the Kentucky game a couple of years ago when the WAT SHOT happened. Besides getting married and having a child this past year, that's my favorite moment in my life.

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? - Reggie Miller! I was born in 93, and got to watch him in his prime. He's my hero.

What is your favorite IU Football memory? - I haven't been much of an IU football fan but recently I've been paying more attention. Due to BtownBanners.

Who is your favorite IU Football player? - Randell El

Best sporting event ever attended? - IU VS KENTUCKY! THE WAT SHOT!!!!

Best IU sporting event ever attended? - WAT SHOT!

What brings you to this board? -   I love IU basketball and I love talking about it. It's hard to find other IU basketball fans that love IUBB as much as me.

How long have you visited/followed BtownBanners? -  I've been a member since I was a freshman in high school. So 2008. Unfortunately last year I forgot my username and password and had to make another account lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Meaning Behind Username?
First initial, last name (substitute double L's for 1's)

Approximate Age and Location?
24 Southern Indiana

Are you a born and raised IU fan? Yes

When you first knew you were an IU fan? It's in my DNA

What sports did you play in high school and college? Golf

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? Colts and Reds

Favorite IU basketball memory?
Wat Shot

Favorite Basketball Player of all time? Eric Gordon

Favorite IU Football Memory?
Zander Diamont TD run against Ohio State (one PI call away from winning that game)

Who is your favorite IU football player? Shane Wynn

Best sporting event ever attended?
2012 Reds vs. Giants Homer Bailey no-hitter

What brings you to this board?
Not enough people to vent to about the emotional roller coaster that is IU sports so this is my therapy lol

How long have you visited/followed BtownBanners? About 3 years

Meaning Behind Username:  Um, I'm a Hoosier Fan from Arizona. Originally from the south side of Indy.

Approximate Age and Location:   Mid 60s, Arizona

Are you a born and raised IU fan?   Yep, U remember watching Lou Watson's Hurryin' Hoosiers on a 13" black and white tube tv with my Dad.

When you first knew you were an IU fan?   Watching Lou Watson's Hurryin' Hoosiers on a 13" black and white tube tv with my Dad.

What sports did you play in High School and College?    HS baseball and football.

Besides IU, favorite sports teams?   AZ Diamondbacks, AZ Cardinals, Chicago Bears, Grand Canyon University Antelopes

Did you attend IU?  Indeed. BS '77

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory?  Undefeated seasons '75 and NCAA championship '76. Keith Smart draining the baseline jumper to win it all in '87.

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time?  Larry Bird. He had some epic battles with Magic in the '80s

What is your favorite IU Football memory?  John Pont and the '67 Rose Bowl team

Who is your favorite IU Football player?  Randle El, AT and Ogunleye (he was a Chicago Bear)

Best sporting event ever attended?  Game 7 of the 2001 World Series - to see the Diamondbacks beat the Yanks.

Best IU sporting event ever attended?  Senior Day, 1975 - when IU beat Sparty to claim a perfect 18-0 conference record.

What brings you to this board?  Hoosier athletics...

How long have you visited/followed BtownBanners? Nov 2014

Meaning Behind Username: - Alpal206: alpal was a nickname for Ally and my birthday is February 6

Approximate Age and Location: - 27, Chicago Suburbs

Are you a born and raised IU fan? - No actually grew up with the Illini (I know, I know); my parents both went there but my uncle did go to IU in the early 80's

When you first knew you were an IU fan? - When I arrived on campus but I became die-hard after I attended the IU/Kentucky game; been that way ever since 

What sports did you play in High School and College? - Some tennis

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? - Cubs, Bulls, Blackhawks, Bears

Did you attend IU? - Yes, class of 2012

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? - IU/Kentucky game and celebrating on Kirkwood afterwood (also going on the court)

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? - Probably Yogi and Vic

What is your favorite IU Football memory? - Not many good memories from when I was a student haha but had fun at the games and tailgates!

Who is your favorite IU Football player? - Tevin Coleman and Jordan Howard (now on my Bears)

Best sporting event ever attended? - IU/Kentucky 2011 without a doubt

Best IU sporting event ever attended? - Same of course

What brings you to this board? -  My passion for IUBB and wanting to stay in the know, especially at a time like this

How long have you visited/followed BtownBanners? - Over a year

Meaning Behind Username: - I used to support some VPN software called RiverPilot. Use it for most of my accounts now and I live in Evansville so it's kind of fitting.

Will be 47 this Saturday: live in Evansville

Became an IU fan during the Isiah Thomas years and 81 championship

Watching IU beat NC in Philadelphia

Football and track. Basketball intramural

Colts, Cubs, follow the Aces
Did you attend IU? -
No but my older sister did. I was always on campus during my high school years driving her up and back. My son is currently a sophomore at IU and in the Kelley School

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? -
Tie between the Keith Smart shot and the Wat shot

Calbert Cheaney

Austin Starr hitting the game winning FG to beat Purdue

Anthony Thompson. Should've won the Heisman

Watching Deke Cooper of Evansville North single-handily beat Ben Davis and go to state

Was at the Sheehey dunk against Iowa game

Was a regular Peegs member under a different name. Saw a Twitter ad I think about this new site. Best site out there still

Since 2014

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Meaning Behind Username: - This was my AIM screen name that I randomly made when I was in elementary school, been using it for almost everything since.

Approximate Age and Location: - 24, living in South Bend, Indiana

Are you a born and raised IU fan? - I am not, I'm a convert

When you first knew you were an IU fan? - My brother attended IU before me, but I probably became a true fan when my Jacobs admittance letter came in the mail.

What sports did you play in High School and College? - ...Does band count? Because there was A LOT of band.

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? - NY Mets, Chicago Blackhawks, various DCI corps (yay more band!)

Did you attend IU? - Yes, graduated in 2015

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? - Watshot, 2013 College Gameday against Michigan

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? - Jeff Howard (but actually Oladipo)

What is your favorite IU Football memory? - My freshman year was Wilson's 1-11 season. That one game we won was really exciting, especially after sitting through all of the other miserable games.

Who is your favorite IU Football player? - Tevin Coleman

Best sporting event ever attended? - We didn't get to stay for the game, but I was with the Marching Hundred when we performed during the Super Bowl pregame in Indy.

Best IU sporting event ever attended? - Watching IU soccer win their 8th star!

What brings you to this board? -  I saw a friend on here in 2012 when I really started to get into IU sports. I come to follow recruiting rumors, game discussions, beer thread, and the general community is great!

How long have you visited/followed BtownBanners? - About 5 years.

Meaning Behind Username: - Pretty self explanatory

Approximate Age and Location: - 24, Kokomo, IN

Are you a born and raised IU fan? - You better believe it!

When you first knew you were an IU fan? - That 2002 run

What sports did you play in High School and College? - Basketball

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? - Pacers and Colts (it's been a rough year to say the least)

Did you attend IU? - Yes, graduated in December 

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? - The WatShot of course

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? - I have 3 (Vic, Moye, DJ)

What is your favorite IU Football memory? - My first ever IUFB game in attendance this season as we upset Sparty and stormed the field. It was more impressive then obviously. Still an amazing atmosphere.

Who is your favorite IU Football player? - ARE

Best sporting event ever attended? - Pacers vs Heat game 6, 2013

Best IU sporting event ever attended? - The Sparty football game

What brings you to this board? -  I'm an IU nut and this is by far the best IU board on the internet. Very active, lots of great insight and love the members. We'll get through these hard times together and it will be that much more enjoyable when we're back on top where we belong! Hoo, hoo, hoo, HOOSIERS!!!

How long have you visited/followed BtownBanners? -  Joined April 17, 2014. Feels like it's been longer, love this place.

Meaning Behind Username: - First initial, last name, & my number in High school

26 living in Western Kentucky

Absolutely

I was just a "casual fan" until the 2001-2002 season that was the first time I actually sat down and watched them play regularly.
Football, Track, & BB.

Colts & Braves
Did you attend IU? -
You know how expensive out of state tuition is???

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? - Hands down the WatShot

Ray Allen

Probably Coleman busting the 2,000 yds threshold against Purdue.
Tevin Coleman

Thunder Pacers game last year
Haven't had the pleasure of attending one yet.
Although, I finally got surprised this Christmas with tickets for this weekend vs NW. Didn't quite expect the season to be where it is now, back then though. Lol
Living in Kentucky Basketball territory I needed something to keep me up to date with IUBB, & to find more people who hate UK as much as I do.

Since 2015 I believe.

Meaning Behind Username: Come on now, seriously lol

Approximate Age and Location: 34 Lake Cumberland area, SC Kentucky

Are you a born and raised IU fan? Abso-f#cking-lutely!

When you first knew you were an IU fan? it just happened, fell in love when I was 8-9 yr old. Remember going to the bathroom crying when they lost to Jimmy Jackson at Ohio State in 89-91ish. It was for the B1G if i remember correctly

What sports did you play in High School and College? HS-basketball and baseball College-Freshman yr baseball then quit!

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? Atlanta Braves, Portland Trailblazers 

Did you attend IU? No

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? Henderson's block on Webber in Ann Arbor. 2002 Duke game

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? Calbert or Brian Evans

What is your favorite IU Football memory? Antwaan Randle-El

Who is your favorite IU Football player? Same as above

Best sporting event ever attended? 2002 Sweet 16 game in Lexington, KY. Thought after the Dane Fife foul on Williams, we were done!

Best IU sporting event ever attended? Same as above

What brings you to this board? Talk IU 

How long have you visited/followed BtownBanners? idk, 3 years or so.. 

Meaning Behind Username: - Recon: spent 8 years in an Army Infantry Reconnaissance company, now medically retired. mkd: intials

Approximate Age and Location: - 33, Ramsey, IN that would be in the southern part of the state.

Are you a born and raised IU fan? - BORN!

When you first knew you were an IU fan? - '87, I was really young when they won but I still remember my family going nuts!

What sports did you play in High School and College? - Basketball, Baseball

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? -  Oregon State. I'm an OS alum, and yes I hate Purdon't so much I got my Ag Degree from the other side of the country!!!!

Did you attend IU? - No

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? - Anytime we beat pUKe!!!!

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? - Cheaney, VO, Bailey 

Best sporting event ever attended? - 1996 North Harrison vs Jasper regional game when Michael Lewis just tore NH's team to pieces! He scored 45 in that game!

Best IU sporting event ever attended? - Just went to my first game at AH vs. Illinois. Hey at least we won that game!

What brings you to this board? -  Got to get my IU fix, living this close and working in Louisville, all you hear about is pUKe this and Prostitute U that!

How long have you visited/followed BtownBanners? Nov 2013

Meaning Behind Username: - "Hoosier" for obvious reasons and "Coop" an offshoot of my last name that our friends in Huntington, IN donned on our family.

Approximate Age and Location: - 45  (Bluffton, IN)

Are you a born and raised IU fan? - Most definitely.  Our household was on lock down when IU played

When you first knew you were an IU fan? - '79  even though I watched the Bird/Magic game, I received my first IU gear for my birthday.

What sports did you play in High School and College? - Tennis, Basketball, Golf

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? - Colts, Pacers, Celtics

Did you attend IU? -  I did not (Huntington College [now called Huntington University]

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? - Watching the '87 Final Four in our Florida Hotel with other fans from Indiana.  The energy was unbearable to others around us.

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? - Bird (he always played on a "mythical" level)

What is your favorite IU Football memory? - Antoine Randle El athleticism

Who is your favorite IU Football player? - See above

Best sporting event ever attended? - State basketball finals in 1990 (Damon Bailey).  The last, great, historic IHSAA basketball game.

Best IU sporting event ever attended? - IU versus the Fab Five and the Alan Henderson block to win it.

What brings you to this board? -  love and passion for greatness in IU basketball.

How long have you visited/followed BtownBanners? - since March of 2014

Meaning Behind Username: - My favorite TV actress and an old number I use to like once upon a time

Approximate Age and Location: - Just turned 25 and I am from Indianapolis

When you first knew you were an IU fan? - Watching some of 2002 tournament games in a friend's hotel room during spring break

What sports did you play in High School and College? - I didn't play any but was a manager for the varsity girls basketball and softball teams

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? - UNCONN women's basketball, Duke Men's Basketball (sadly), Indiana Pacers, Butler Men's Basketball

Did you attend IU? - No but my parents did

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? - Watford hitting the last shot against UK

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? - Way too many to count

What is your favorite IU Football memory? - Winning against Purdue and getting the bucket

Who is your favorite IU Football player? - Nate Sudfeld, Tevin Coleman, Jordan Howard, Mitchell Paige (basically anybody not named Richard Lago)

Best sporting event ever attended? - Watching the Indiana Fever win the 2012 WNBA title

Best IU sporting event ever attended? - Watching IU beat Purdue in 2012 the second time we beat them

What brings you to this board? - Casual sports conversations 

How long have you visited/followed BtownBanners? - Been around here for 4 years 

Meaning Behind Username: Just my name

Approximate Age and Location: - 32 / Louisville

Are you a born and raised IU fan? - Aren't we all?

When you first knew you were an IU fan? - When my brother and I argued over who got to be Eric Anderson when watching them on tv

What sports did you play in High School and College? -cross country and track

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? - Colts, Cubs

Did you attend IU? - Nope

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? - Gotta be playing on Assembly Hall's floor after a basketball game as a kid

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? - Brian Evans, Damon Bailey, Tom Coverdale, Dane Fife, Alan Henderson

What is your favorite IU Football memory? - IU plays football?

Who is your favorite IU Football player? - ?

Best sporting event ever attended? - first game after Chuck Pagano beat cancer against Houston. Been to tons of games at Assembly Hall and never seen us lose in person.

Best IU sporting event ever attended? - Bleacher seats as a kid against UK. Old guy in front of us kept standing up and his wife kept jerking him down by his back pocket.

What brings you to this board? -  Tough to find like minded fans in UofL and UK country.

How long have you visited/followed BtownBanners? - Followed on Twitter for years.

Meaning Behind Username: - Victor is my favorite IU player of all time. 5 is his NBA number.

Approximate Age and Location: - 23, Southern Indiana for now

Are you a born and raised IU fan? - Wouldn't have it any other way

When you first knew you were an IU fan? - Birth :)

What sports did you play in High School and College? - Basketball throughout high school. Had the pleasure of playing both Zeller and Yogi

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? - Colts, Cubs (more of a casual fan), and in the NBA I'm more a fan of players instead of a team. Curry, Klay, Westbrook, etc.

Did you attend IU? - Yes, 2012-2016.

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? - Attending College Gameday against Michigan. That almost-Dipo dunk would've collapsed Assembly.

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? - Steph Curry, Dipo

What is your favorite IU Football memory? - Watching the win against a ranked Missouri team. Was extremely happy for the players.

Who is your favorite IU Football player? - Tevin Coleman

Best sporting event ever attended? - College game day against Michigan my freshman year.

Best IU sporting event ever attended? - Same as above

What brings you to this board? -  My overwhelming passion for IU basketball and to have discussions with like-minded others.

How long have you visited/followed BtownBanners? - Following since the Scout days, the old HoosierSportsNation, and now to here. Decided to create an account back in early 2014 to become one of the bunch!

Meaning Behind Username: - Dalton is my name and 26 was my sports number. Plus Im a huge chase utley fan

Approximate Age and Location: - 24, Houston

When you first knew you were an IU fan? - I was born into a mostly IU family so I've just been watching my whole life

What sports did you play in High School and College? - Baseball and Basketball (had a chance to be a walk on in football in college)

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? - Colts, Phillies, Heat, and Astros based on where I live

Did you attend IU? - No

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? - too many to name

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? - DJ White Im only considering people I actually watched in real time

What is your favorite IU Football memory? - Making that bowl game last season 

Who is your favorite IU Football player? - Kellen Lewis

Best sporting event ever attended? - Honestly probably watching one of Big Papi's last games

Best IU sporting event ever attended? - N/A

What brings you to this board? -  Found it by accident years ago

How long have you visited/followed BtownBanners? - 4ish years

Meaning Behind Username: - Just all about the Hoosiers (Long Long time ago really liked the numbers making words and it has stuck with me through the years)

Approximate Age and Location: - Mid 30s, Southern Indiana

Are you a born and raised IU fan? - Born yes... Raised NO

When you first knew you were an IU fan? - From as long as I can remember.

What sports did you play in High School and College? - Football in High School (Go Red Devils)

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? -  Buffalo Bills (Atlanta Braves & Orlando Magic, although I don't follow either very closely anymore)

Did you attend IU? - Yes (Southeast Campus - IUS)

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? - Aj Moye Block of Boozer in 2002.... WatShot was pretty good too.

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? - Anfernee Hardaway

What is your favorite IU Football memory? - Being on the field during a game while on a trip in High School

Who is your favorite IU Football player? - Tevin Coleman.... or Maybe Randle El.

Best sporting event ever attended? - Buffalo Bills home game

Best IU sporting event ever attended? - IU vs Michigan BBall, Victors almost dunk that would have crashed Assembly Hall.

What brings you to this board? -  Love of IU (duh)

How long have you visited/followed BtownBanners? - Feels like a few years now?

Meaning Behind Username: -  I'm a Hoosier fan living in North Carolina.

Approximate Age and Location: - 44, North Carolina

Are you a born and raised IU fan? - Nope.  Living in Winston-Salem, I grew up a Wake Forest fan and hated UNC.  Wake sucked.  All of my friends were Tarheel fans.  See next answer.

When you first knew you were an IU fan? -  In 1981 when IU beat UNC in the championship game.  I hated Carolina with a passion and was so thankful the Hoosiers beat them I became a fan that night.  Started reading books on Bobby Knight and have been a fan ever since.

What sports did you play in High School and College? -  High school basketball and baseball.

Besides IU, favorite sports teams? - Charlotte Hornets (love that they have Zeller), OKC Thunder and Dallas Mavericks, both for obvious reasons.

Did you attend IU? -  Only for basketball camp as a junior in high school.  Meeting Knight was worth the 10 hour drive.

What is your favorite IU Basketball Memory? -  Beating Syracuse in 1987 and the Wat Shot.

Who is your favorite basketball player of all time? -  Calbert Cheaney

What is your favorite IU Football memory? -  When I took my kids to see them play Wake Forest here two years ago.

Who is your favorite IU Football player? -  Anthony Thompson & Tevin Coleman

Best sporting event ever attended? - For me, it was taking my family to our first IU basketball game this year, even if it was one of the sub 200 teams we played.  Stopped by Cook Hall late one night while in town for the game.  Tim Buckley was leaving Cook Hall for the night, opened the doors so we could get in, and told us not to tell anybody.  Had the place to ourselves.

Best IU sporting event ever attended? -  See above.

What brings you to this board? -  My love for the Hoosiers and to try to find out any bits and pieces I can about the state of the program.

How long have you visited/followed BtownBanners? - Been reading it for a few years, only became a member within the last couple of weeks.