Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2018) SG C.J. Fredrick

Offered 2/17/17.

Shooting guard C.J. Fredrick is becoming one of the more intriguing prospects in the Midwest. He already has a pair of high-major offers, and a few more visits are upcoming.

Class of 2018 shooting guard C.J. Fredrick was off to a tremendous start to his junior season before suffering an ankle injury. Fredrick is expected back in time for the state tournament, and is doing everything possible to help his team while recovering from his injury.
“When I was healthy, it was about being able to consistently knock down shots and also get better off the dribble,” noted Fredrick about the season. “Now that I am hurt I have focused on getting stronger and working on my upper body strength. Also I am trying to stay active with my shooting and ball handling.”

C.J. Fredrick
6'4" / 165 lbs
SG RANK
NR
OFFERS
For Fredrick the last month has been tough, but he knows he has to remain an active participant on his team, and is just trying to help however he can.
“It is difficult to watch your team and not be able to help, but I know I have to help anyway possible, but it is definitely tough,” noted Frederick.
Despite the injury Fredrick hasn’t seen his recruitment slow down. He has offers from Iowa and Xavier, and interest continues to come in from Butler, Cincinnati, Indiana, and others.
Fredrick’s uncle, Joe, played for Iowa boss Fran McCaffery when McCaffery was an assistant at Notre Dame, and the family has remained close over the years.
About the Iowa interest, Fredrick said, “I love the whole coaching staff. I like how they move the ball and play for each other. Coach Fran is a good guy and he says I’d fit in perfectly with my ability to pass and make shots.”
Xavier is located only minutes from Fredrick’s house, making it easy to get to the Big East school, and he continues to build a strong bond with Chris Mack and his staff.
“They have great coaches,” said Fredrick of Xavier. “I am communicating with them a lot, and I pop over there every once in a while. We continue to build our relationship, and I like how they play and use their guards like J.P. Macura.”
At this point Butler and Indiana haven’t offered, but Fredrick is planning to visit each program soon, and is intrigued by the two schools.
About Indiana, he said, “I love the fast pace that they play, and I am excited to see a game there live. I’ve heard they have a great atmosphere for games and I can’t wait to see it.”
When it comes to Butler, he added, “I haven’t been there for a game yet, but I like Hinkle Fieldhouse and I am looking forward to seeing their style of play in person.”
At the moment Fredrick says he is in no rush to make a commitment, and is simply focused on getting back healthy and on the court.

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1748747-visits-upcoming-fredrick

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

CJ is going to have eligibility into next century. He missed his academic freshman year with an injury, played two years at Iowa, and transferred to Kentucky. He got hurt again warming up for their first game of the year and will miss this entire season. Between the years lost to injury and playing the free Covid year, he could probably play three more years if he wanted.

2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Did not expect a Crean recruits page to come back up lol

I was watching Iowa/PU, remembered he transferred to UK, and didn’t realize he was out all year injured, lol.

I hadn’t realized we’d offered in HS until last night. I doubt Archie kept recruiting him given the roster crunch but boy, those teams could’ve used him.